Friday, April 24, 2009

TGIF and Tag

Yay it's Friday! I've been looking forward to this weekend ever since the week started! hahaha I wish the weekend is longer :)

First I'll show you my nails from this week:


I am wearing the nail polish that Mayaari sent me as part of my "birthday contest" prizes. The color is called Pinky Glitter and it's a light pink color with tons of sparkly glitters, made by Sinful Colors. I like it a lot! I don't own too much glitter nailpolishes, I think this will be perfect for me to practice gradation nails.

The only bad thing about glitter nail polish is how hard it is to remove them. I was rubbing and rubbing (with nail polish remover) and the glitters just wouldn't come off completely! Do you girls have any tricks to easily remove glitter nail polishes from your nails? Yes I did apply a basecoat underneath :-/

Now I'll show you the snack I am obsessed with:

I found these in the World Market! I first tried these when I went to New Zealand. It's a folded chocolate bar with a very interesting flaky texture. I love Cadbury products, too bad you can't find too many varieties of Cadbury products in US stores. Thank goodness for World Market, at least I found Flake :)

________________________________

My First Blog-aholics Tag ~

What is your current obsession?
Definitely has to be spending way too much time online, reading beauty blogs, and watching Youtube videos. But then that has been my on-going obsession for a while now :p
A more current one would be to take good care of my skin and improve it -- my number one goal for the next month or so. 

What is your weirdest obsession?
Putting everything to where they belong, nothing should be misplaced. Yes, I am obsessed with staying organized.

What are you wearing today?
Jeans, random college t-shirt, brown Converse, and brought a blue jacket along but didn't wear it. It was sunny and warm outside :)

What's your favorite comfort food?
Noodles,  most often instant noodles.

What would make today special?
Because it's Friday! Who doesn't love a Friday :)

What would you like to learn to do?
Decorating cakes  -- take a Wilton cake decorating class;  learn how to cook different kinds of food from around the world -- I want to go to culinary school someday when I'm rich and have time to spare. Remind me again why I became an engineer instead?

What's the last thing you bought?
Non-beauty related: jasmine green milk bubble tea
Beauty related: HK edition of Cosmopolitan magazines last weekend, yup hasn't bought anything this week so far :)

What are you listening to right now?
None, just got home from work. The news is on TV though...

What is your favorite weather?
Sunny but not too hot, and not too cold either. Bay area weather is perfect for me :)

What is your most challenging goal right now?
Finish all my research so I could write my thesis.

What do you think about the person who tagged you?
Mayaari is such a sweet girl, and we are birthday twins, how cool is that! She encouraged me to start blogging, and I can't thank her enough for being so supportive  along the way.  Last week she sent me awesome prizes that totally made my day :D

If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Bay area, I love California!

What would you like to have in your hands at right now?

A hot bowl of noodle soup.

If you could swap lives with anyone for one day who would it be & why?
hmmmm no one right now, I am happy with my own life :)

If you would go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
Hong Kong and Taiwan to shop for cute stuff and more cosmetics, sightseeing Japan (and a little shopping along the way:p), then tour all around China.

Which language do you wanna learn?
Japanese, Spanish(?)

What do you look for in a friend?
Someone who's caring, who listens to me, and supports me. 

Who do you want to meet in person?
Jackie Chan -- I am a big fan.

What's your favorite type of music?
I am not picky with music, unless if it's obnoxiously loud and heavy metal. If I had to choose, I'd choose pop music when I am out and about. But I have to listen to music with no lyrics or in languages that I cannot speak when I am studying because otherwise I get distracted and start to sing along -- so usually I play classical when I'm working.

What's your dream job?
Be an engineering consultant...

Any favorite model?
Not sure...don't really care.

If you had $100 now what would you spend on it?
Paul & Joe products -- I really really wanted to try the disney collection blushes, and their skin care products. But I told myself to not buy anything beauty related for a while since we are looking into buying a house right now and I must save all the money I could.

Things you wish you could change in the past?
Not have been a lazy butt and keep up with exercising so I would be more fit.  Also, not to have procrastinated so much during college days, probably could have earn me lots of beauty sleep instead of pulling all-niters.

Fashion Pet Peeve?
Dirty hair, mis-matched clothes (red and green don't go together), clothes that are too revealing and too tight.

Do you admire anyone's style?
Fuzkittie!

Describe your personal style.
casual, comfortable, and fitting.

What's your favorite ice cream flavor?
good ol' vanilla. But my recent favorite has been frozen yogurt in the original tart yogurt flavor...hmm  I miss Pinkberry in Socal!

What's your favorite makeup brand?
Do I have to choose? I love them all! 

Do you get enough beauty sleep? yes or no? why?
NO WAY! I wish I do, and obviously I am doing poorly with this New Year's resolution of mine. Work and school keep me busy, but I admit that I waste a lot of time during the night watching movies, reading blogs, watching youtube videos...anything that keep me relaxed and worry free :)

Why did you start your (beauty) blog?

I created my account because of Fuz's blog anniversaty contest, hahaha. But I never blogged anything until last week because Mayaari encouraged me. I've always wanted to start blogging but wasn't sure if I could be as committed as I wanted, especially with my hectic schedule. So far I guess I am doing okay, and I am really enjoying this experience. It's fun to get to interact with beautiful ladies from everywhere who share my passion for beauty.

Oh no, no more questions! haha I actually really enjoy doing this, it's really fun :) And I tag whoever is reading my blog to do this, so I can get to know you a little better! Hope everyone have a wonderful weekend!!! 

4 comments:

  1. Hey hun thanks for stopping by my bloggy and wishing me a happy birthday! ♥♥

    Funny I want to learn how to decorate cakes too, hehe. When I am old with nothing to do, I want to open a cute little bake shop with sugary goodies. :0) It's a dream! Ahaha. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heeey! :)

    Great survey. I should be doing that soon.

    Your blog is so organize! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog, as well as, commenting! :) I also want to welcome you to the blogging world. I'm sure you will enjoy it... hehe~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a bottle of glitter polish as well - it IS a pain to take off! But I sorta soak a cotton pad with nail polish remover and just let it sit on the nail for a while, that kind of helps

    ReplyDelete