Monday, April 27, 2009

Ulta & Nails

While on the way home from meeting our real estate agent today, we passed by an Ulta. I decided to stop by to check it out. I wanted to find a hair crimper to help me volumize my flat, straight hair. But they didn't have any in the store, and the sales lady told me that they've been really popular recently. hmmm I wonder why :p

But all their OPI and China Glaze nail polishes were buy 2 get 1 free, if anyone is interested.

I bought myself 2 L'Oreal Lineur Intense felt tip eyeliners. It was buy 1 get 1 free. So I got one in brown, and one in black. I've been wanting to try this for a while now after hearing recommendations about it from Aubrey's YT video. What a good deal to get it on sale!

Since this eyeliner also has a felt tip applicator, I wanted to see if it is comparable to my Lancome Artliner, which is my favorite felt tip liquid eyeliner. It'll be great if it is replacable because the L'Oreal one is much much cheaper than the Lancome one.

Their tips look very similar! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As beauty junkies, I am sure all of us have a few (or a bunch) of those eye shadows that we no longer use, or blushes that have hit pan and been sitting around for a while. While browsing through Youtube, I found this video that gave me new ideas about what to do w/ those eyeshadows and blushes that I have sitting in the drawers.The video is in Mandarin Chinese. Here is translation:

"I believe many people have those eyeshadows that you bought but never used, or hit pan ones with a bit of the left overs in the corners of the pan. Don't throw them away yet, they have another great use!

Step 1: scrap off some shadows/blush powders, put them in a container.
Step 2: mix well with some clear nail polish.

That way you can use eyeshadows to create many different colored nail polishes. 

Don't forget to clean up the brush after use (either with nail polish remover, or use another container and dump some more clear nail polishes in, and swish around). This will prevent your clear polishes from staining."

I tried it myself the other day:


Get all the materials ready. I am using a L'Oreal quad that I've had for a long time but never ever use anymore. 


Scraped off some eyeshadows, I chose the dark purple one, which turned out to be too dark.

Mix mix mix, with a few drops of clear nail polish. hmm I didn't notice the model's eye peaking through my glass dish, I put a magazine underneath...hmm creepy! hahaha :p

aaaand the result...I'd probably change to a brighter color next time. Purple is not my thing, haha. It's not too shabby. But then again, I'd probably only try this out when I am bored and have some time to spare. Plus I've got too many bottles of nail polishes to use up anyway. Nevertheless, this is something fun you could try out :p

11 comments:

  1. Hi :) Thanks for the sweet comment about my phone :P

    I'm jealous of your hair. I secretly want flat and thin hair. Thick hair = unmanageable for me. I hate styling my hair :(

    Thanks for the nailpolish + eyeshadow tip. I'll def try it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I like that eyeshadow nailpolish! I actually love purple nails, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOoooh That's a cool and easy nail tip. I don't know if I should crack my eyeshadow for that though...hmmm.

    btw, thanks dear for the info on Costco. I got the coupon book too but I didn't bother to look at it. Now I have to find it again. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this tutorial last time too but didnt think it'll work so good. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey ebay is selling the P&J disney blush

    http://cgi.ebay.com/Paul-Joe-Disney-Face-Color-B-Limited-Edition_W0QQitemZ320365105693QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item320365105693&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A15|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha I'm glad you got the sale price too :) I too didn't realise it was a sale price, until I happened to go in the Sephora store and noticed the price was higher than I remembered when ordering.

    That tip on reusing eyeshadows for polish is pretty cool! I'll keep it in mind next time I have an unwanted shadow :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww. that is so cool, is it hard to take off when you don;t want that nail shade anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  8. whee, gonna try them soon. but not now, half of y things were sent to the new condo and I'll only move to there this 2/5 after the bf finished his exam !

    ReplyDelete
  9. yup, me too, but really hard to control getting more stuff. my things totally fit into 3 big boxes (skincare only) cosmetic, nail polishes, hand cream ( 2 boxes) and the rest are books and notes during my university, and they are just kept on growing. lol, if I could, I wish there's no more moving, it is really tiring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. interesting nail tip - one of my friends used to pair eyeshadows with clear gloss to make her own colors, so I guess this is along the same line :)

    ReplyDelete