Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The BF Review: LUSH Coalface Cleaser

Image credit: Lush website.


Today, I am inviting the bf to do a review on the LUSH Coalface Cleaser. He's been using it for a couple weeks and loving it. He's almost done with his tiny bar in the shower, so I thought I'd ask him for his opinions on this face soap. Too bad his used up products won't count as part of my no-buy ban, hahaha :]


According to LUSH website:

Removes impurities and tones combination skin
Who would have thought charcoal and liquorice could get along? One is tough and gritty, the other sweet and syrupy. But charcoal and liquorice could just be the odd couple of skin care, teaming up to fight oily, troubled skin in our Coalface cleanser. Powdered charcoal removes impurities and mildly exfoliates while liquorice heals naturally. Sandalwood oil tones the skin (and mediates should charcoal and liquorice disagree about anything).


Directions:

Moisten the cleansing bar with water and rub in your hands to create a lather. Apply to your face in a gentle, circular motion, rinse thoroughly, pat dry.


Ingredients:

Liquorice Root Decoction (Glycyrrhiza glabra), Propylene Glycol, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Sodium Stearate, Rosewood Oil (Aniba rosaeordora), Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Powdered Charcoal, Sandalwood Oil (Santalum album), Glycerine, Sodium Chloride, EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, *Linalool, Perfume, Silver Edible Lustre (Potassium aluminum silicate, Titanium dioxide, Iron oxides and hydroxides).


Where to buy:

LUSH stores or lush.com, $10.95 for 3.5 oz, which will last you quite a while. Also if you go to the store, you can ask the store clerk to cut you however big (or small) of a piece you wanted.


What the bf thinks of LUSH Coalface:

"I really like this soap, it is my favorite so far. I love the smell, and how clean my face feels afterwards. My face feels tight and squeaky clean, and I love that feeling, compared to the slippery feeling some soap gave me afterward.

I also like the "particles" inside of the soap, makes my face feels smooth.

I want more after I'm done with this."


What Lulu thinks of LUSH Coalface:

First of all, yay for getting the bf addicted to a LUSH product. More excuse for me to shop at LUSH later, to "replenish the bf's face wash". hahaha :p

I originally bought the Coalface because I've heard it is good for oily to combination skin like mine, and is very effective to prevent breakouts. I used it once, and didn't like the smell one bit. To me, it smelled like dirt. The bf disagrees, he loves the small, haha. I still preferred my Angles on Bare Skin face cleaser and use that daily. Since the bf has been eyeing on my Coalface (he asked me several times where that BLACK soap I bought from LUSH went before I even took it out of the bag to use it), I gladly gave the bar for him to use :)

The soap lathers up quite nicely, and does make your face feel really clean afterwards. I've also noticed that ever since the bf started using it daily, I haven't seen him breaking out much on his face.
My bf has normal to dry skin. I believe this soap is more suitable for people with combination skin. But he insists on using it everyday during shower, and I haven't really seen his skin dry out and flake. Plus it was one more reason to convince him to use moisturizer on his face daily. He's slowly learning the proper steps to take care of his skin :)

So try the LUSH Coalface if you wanted something to help you to clear up complexion and wash away excess oil on your face. Plus the fine particles in the soap makes a nice exfoliator, yet gentle enough for everyday use. Also, since there are no "girly" smells in this product, it is suitable for both men and women to help reduce pimples and unclog pores.

11 comments:

  1. LOL, I love David's "short, yet simple" review. Now, I gotta find a product Daniel would like from LUSH. Gotta train our cavemen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! I love lush!! Great review :)

    Btw, I AM FROM CALI.. lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! He was lemming for it ever since he saw you buying it lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for the boyfriend special appearance! haha~ I will definitely try this on my b/f lol... he might try to resist since he already has 3 cleansers on rotation LOL, but whatever!

    And yes those are chem notes -__- ... it's annoying how chem keeps coming back into my life!! Those stupid little electrons won't leave me alone! Darn it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good review! I had a product by Orgins and it smelled like dirt and I couldn't use it either. Funny how smell is soo important. Thank you for stoping by my silly little blog... I'm following you now! :)
    XoXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. oo i got had like 2 samples of this. i loved it. it makes ur face super clean haha
    i need to go buy some too... and for my bf lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahah! Its Okay :) I live in Highland, Ca. Near Riverside :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will, one day, set foot in lush. I find the smell of the shop too overbearing! >< Maybe I ought to order online?

    By the way.

    YOU HAVE MY KITTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I JUST NOTICED! =O

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha, I see your bf made a guest appearance on your blog :) nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I swear by that bar! I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete