Last night I was catching up with my youtube videos and I came across this video by cupcaaakeLOVE, on how to make simple microwave mochi! I was so excited when I found out how simple it was that I was literally jumping up and down in my chair, hahaha...just a couple weeks ago the bf and I went to this self-serve frozen yogurt place in the mall, and one of the toppings they had was those tiny mochi pieces, no fillings inside or anything, just simple, pea-sized mochi pieces. They tasted like heaven on top of my fro-gurt. Right afterwards I wanted to get some of those from Mitsuwa or Marukai. But I could only find the regular kind of mochi w/ either red bean paste or some other sweet paste inside, or frozen ones with ice cream inside, none of the plain little mochi. Can you imagine my excitement when I found out that I could make some at home!
To make the batter I used the following:
- 1 cup of glutinous rice flour
- 3/4 cup of plain H2O
- 1/4 cup of white granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. of pure vinilla extract, I substituted with imitation vinilla extract since I don't have the real one at home.
Mix the batter a bit and put it back in microwave for another 30 seconds to fully cook the batter.
Meanwhile, prepare the cutting board by laying a piece of plastic wrap over it. Dust a generous amount of corn flour (not the gritty corn meal, but the finely ground corn FLOUR)...this is to help prevent the batter from being super sticky when cutting later.
Also dust the top of batter with a coat of corn flour. Let sit until completely cooled.
Now we can cut the mochi into tiny pieces. Dust more corn flour as needed to prevent the pieces from sticking together.
My own mochi to put on top of ice cream! yay :) yum yum, sweet and chewy goodness. It's super easy and super fast to make. You could also add in different food colorings into the batter to make the mochi multi-colored if you wish :)
Now onto the tags and awards --
Thanks to Chomsiri for this award:
List 7 things that you love, and then pass the award on to 7 bloggers that you love! Be sure to tag them and let them know that they have won.You can copy the picture of the award and paste it on your sidebar letting the whole world know...you are Kreativ!
1) I love my family and my boyfriend. Without them, I wouldn't be who I am today :)
2) I love Pho -- the Vietnamese beef noodle soup, soooo good.
3) I love cooking, baking, and be creative with food. I would love to own my little bakery or restaurant one day.
4) I love to picnic by the lake on a sunny breezy day, and just lay on the grass and relax.
5) I love to travel, I would love to visit China, Taiwan, Japan, and Europe sometimes soon. Just imagine how much goodies I could buy from Asia if I get to go! hahaha :)
6) I love reading beauty blogs, it is seriously an addiction, a really good one of course. A day is not complete w/out some blogger reading.
7) I love food -- see num 2 and 3, I wish I could be eating all the time w/out gaining any weight. How cool would that be?! There are just wayy to many kinds of food to try out and too little time! hehe :p
And now I tag:
ning * star, AbcGrrrL, mayaari, mzkrystall, Askmewhats, EbeautyBlog, mrsdumpling422, and whoever else that wants to do this and haven't done so yet :)
Next, thanks to the lovely Fuzkittie and Ning*star for this award:
The rules are:
1. Take your award here
2. Put the logo on your post
3. Link the person who awarded you
4. Nominate at least 7 other bloggers
5. Add the links of those bloggers on yours
6. Leave a message for your nominees
I nominate ALL my followers and readers! Thanks for every one of you :) We all deserve an award!
And finally, thanks to mayaari and abcgrrrl for this tag:
Rules: Take a picture of yourself RIGHT now. No primping or preparing. Just snap a picture. Load the picture onto your blog. Tag some people to play.
Just came back from house hunting...it's part of our lives now, *sigh*, I wish it could be over soon! Guess what I found while out today? There was this asian grocery store near one of the houses we were looking at today, and out of curiosity I went in, and found out that they carry the popular Taiwanese sheet mask "My Beauty Dairy", and the best part was it was only $15.99 for a box of 10! What a deal! I've been looking for these masks everywhere. The store also carries a lot of the Lucido-L hair wax, other facial masks, toners/lotion, and a bunch of other Japanese beauty goodies. haha now I secretly wish we can get that house nearby because then I can shop at the market whenever I want, it's within walking distance, hahaha :p I will make sure to stop by the market again once I am off my no buy ban :)