Saturday, May 30, 2009

New Products Discoveries

Yesterday was the day of new products discoveries for me. The boyfriend took me to see the new Pixar movie "Up". Go see if you haven't, it's such a cute movie :) And for those in the Bay Area, you'll find a nice surprise mention in the end that reminded me to get ice cream there soon :p

While waiting for the movie to start, we wondered around the mall, and of course, I had to stop by Sephora and LUSH :) I didn't want to buy anything since I am still on Project 20 Pan. But a girl can always window-shop and dream right? ^_^


Image credit: Sephora.com 

At Sephora, I got a sample of the ghd Fat Hair Lotion For All-Over Volume, I had read the excellent reviews on Sephora website. Since I am always on the lookout for the "magical potion" to make my thin, flat hair more volumized, I decided to give this one a try. All you need to do is apply a small amount through damp, tower-dried hair, and then blow dry. Simple eh? I tried it last night, and it really did make a difference that even lasted after I woke up this morning. On top of that, it made my hair really soft and shiny looking, unlike some products that are sticky or feels hard on the hair. Usually no matter what volumizing technique I try, my hair falls flat at the end of the day. But so far, Fat Hair Lotion hasn't failed on me yet. I think this is a new love! I am definitely purchasing the full size bottle as soon as I can buy!!! But I hear that this product is always out of stock on Sephora.com, hopefully when I am ready to buy, it'll be available! *cross fingers*. Before then, I guess I am stuck with flat hair :(

EDIT: it's almost 4:30PM in the afternoon right now, and my hair still looks fresh and puffy! So excited :D


Image credit: Lush.com

Then at LUSH, the bf re-stocked on his favorite facial cleanser, Coalface. He did a guest review in my post here

Being the nice person that he is, he insisted on getting me something as well, so I picked up the Silky Underwear dusting powder that I've been lemming for a while. He also bought another dusting powder for my best friend :p

I couldn't wait to put on my "Silky Underwear" after shower last night. :p :p :p It smelled heavenly and I love how it mattifies my skin, keeps it dry yet lightly moisturizes. EDIT: This product works like a baby powder but with much nicer smell, you can use it to dust all over your body on a hot day, or just if you want to smell nice. It also helps to get rid of that greasy feeling you get after using a LUSH message bar, so it mattifies your skin. You could also use this as a dry shampoo for your hair. This is another LUSH product that works for me, and I will be purchasing the other kinds of dusting powders soon :)

I will do a more thorough review of these two products in the future. Right now I just couldn't wait to share my excitement about finding two new products that I love!

Hope you all are having a relaxing weekend! ^_^

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness ~ that GHD stuff sounds brilliant. Exactly what i have been looking for - thanks so much love!!

    And how nice is your boyfriend! bless! :D
    LUSH is a beautiful smelling heaven of goodies :P

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOO! I can't wait to see UP! My b/f and I are waiting until next week b/c we got some free tickets from a friend (but they are only valid for non-opening week movies). He he ~

    LOL... Silky Underwear, eh? Where e-x-a-c-t-l-y do you put this product on miss lulu?!?! XD Can't wait for your review on it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, silky underwer powder? haha xD interesting. what is the function?

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, now i know how it works... interesting. hehe xD

    ReplyDelete
  5. also.. can I just say OMG I think your username luluchinadoll is sooper dooper rad, it makes me smile when I see it! Oh aye.. positive thoughts for this June! May was a sh*tty month for me.. spreadin' th luuurve and hoping your JUNE is a fabulous month honey! lotsa love from little old me in scotland ^.^xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't watch UP yet, but so far I heard good reviews on it. I look forward to your review on these two items you're likeing. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you found a product that works for your hair :) I still have that bottle of the thickening lotion/spray from Bumble & Bumble to give ya! Gosh, I want to watch UP!!! I heard its sold out at a lot of places, so you're super lucky for being able to watch it on opening day!

    MMM, dusting powder :) I likey my silky underwear (no wait, that sounds pervy...)

    ReplyDelete
  8. does the ghd lotion smell good? aside from realizing that I only have 5 minutes to dry my hair, let alone style it, I'm constantly looking for styling products that actually smell good =P

    that LUSH powder sounds interesting - perfect for humid days when you still need moisturizer but don't want to feel sticky all day!

    ReplyDelete