Monday, May 11, 2009

Tag: A letter to my younger self :) & a review

Hi there, happy Monday! It's soooo0 hot and sunny in the bay area today, and the weather forecast predicted that it'll get even warmer as the weekend approaches. So Fuz, SF will welcome you w/ good weather this weekend! :)

Yinnie started a new tag, and thanks for tagging me to do it as well sweetie! The tag is to write a letter to my 16-yr-old self, and tag 5 people to do the same thing afterwards. I thought this would be really fun to write, so here it is:

Dear 16-yr-old Lulu:

I am writing # years on from you right now! (note: hehe, let's just say it's been more than 5 years :p) You are such a hardworking girl, and you are so determined to be the best that you can and make your parents proud.

You are just introduced to makeup, but you rarely wear it out to school because you don't like to be judged by others in this big, traditional midwest school. You would sometimes sneak into the bathroom after your parents would be already sleeping, and play with your limited supply of lipsticks, blush, and eyeshadows. You didn't even know how to use a mascara and you can't draw an eyeliner on for the life of you. But don't get frustrated, because practice will make perfect, and you will get much better! You might think that it's shameful to be into makeup and your parents will tell you that you should put the time into studying instead. But my advise to you is, there's nothing wrong to looking beautiful. Makeup won't harm your skin when used and removed properly. So go on, explore, but most importantly, learn the proper skin care technique. There are ways to make your oily t-zone more matte, and there are also ways to get rid of all the annoying clogged pores on your nose. Just a facewash won't remove all your makeup completely, and in the long run all the leftover products will only harm your skin. So don't be stingy and invest in a good makeup remover! Your 2# yr-old self will only thank you # years from now on!

Also, I wanted to thank you for being so determined and hardworking. All your extracurricular activities and the countless number of hours of volunteer works will really pay off in the long run. They will help you to be the person you will become years from now. That volunteer work you are doing as a radio announcer is the coolest thing ever, don't give it up, you will cherish this experience for the rest of your life. It's okay that you are spending long hours studying at home, staying after school to finish up that science project, or dreaming of becoming the validictorian of your graduating class. Because I know you can do it! And you will end up attending the college of your dreams and really love it here! Also, it's okay if you don't know what you want to study in college, and it's okay to put majors from English to History to Architecture to Engineering to Business on different college applications when you are applying because you'll never know until you try. But trust me girl, you are better suit to go into science than humanities :p

And that boy you have the biggest crush on in school? It's not worth wasting time over him. There's no need to secretly observe his every move in class, or blush when he comes towards you in the hall way, or write his name over and over again on a piece of paper when you are day dreaming. Because you will eventually find your true love later in life when the time is right, and you will see him and know that he is THE ONE.

Last but not least, make sure to spend as much time as you could with your parents. Don't argue and fight with them too much. Talk to them and get to know them better. Because once you leave for college, it'll be hard to see them often again. Cherish all the time you can with your parents, because you know that they are the most important people to you in the entire world, and they will miss you dearly once you grow up and move half way across the country.

Keep up the good work and never doubt yourself. Just go out and have fun, learn, and live happily! You are only 16 once, so make the best of it!

Love,

Lulu

So that was my very cheesy letter. I hope I didn't bore you with that, hahaha. Now I need to tag 5 more pretty ladies to do this:

.AbcgrrL.
Mona
Mayaari
Fuzkittie
Ningstar

What! only 5! I need to tag all you ladies to do this :) So write a letter, it's funnn :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now that the tag is done, let me do a mini review of the Laneige Strawberry Yogurt Pack

I received a sample of this cream mask when I purchased my Laneige Stawberry Yogurt Peeling Gel. The peeling gel serves more as an exfoliating product, while the pack serves as a facial mask that you leave on your face for a few minutes couple times a week. This product is said to have strawberry and yogurt extract for smooth and radiant skin. It's a doubly reinforced, highly enriched strawberry yogurt care, and is suitable for all skin types.

The full size product comes in a 80 ml jar compared to the 150 ml squeeze tube for the peeling gel. Both product are pink and smells/looks just like yummy strawberry yogurt! Don't put this in your fridge w/out a big warning sign or someone in the house might think it's strawberry yoguft and eat it! haha :)

This product could be purchased from sasa.com for $21.40. If you have an Amore store near you, you could also find it there. Amazon has it for $25. Just do a Google search to find a website/store that will ship to you!

What the product says:
-Yogurt extract makes skin soft and strawberry extract gives a clean and healthy appearance.
-The larger capsule contains mineral water (w/ tomato, kiwi, grape, banana, and lemon extracts and essential minerals including calcium, magnesium, and zinc) and lactic acid bacterial for an added nutrition and moisture to your skin. (note: sounds more and more like a food product to me, hahaha :p)
-Vitamin E ingredients contained in the smaller capsule are absorbed into skin to make it smoother and healthier.

How to use:
-Use after cleansing and toning. 
-Apply appropriate amount (3cm in diameter) over the face. Massage gently until the red particles have completely dissolved. 
-Wait 5-10 minutes after massage and then rinse off with warm water. 
-Use one or twice a week.

My thoughts:

The product is easy enough to use. I gently massaged the product all around my face and the red capsules will pop open to release the goodies inside. The smell is heavenly on my face. After 10 minutes of waiting, I rinced it off, and my skin felt smooth and well moisturized. Even though the product is said to be suitable for all skin types, I personally think it might be a bit rich for oily/combo skins like myself. But using it occasionally, especially on the days when  my skin feels drier and flaky, is okay.

This mask reminds me of my homemade yogurt mask, which I posted about here. The lactic acid in yogurt is a really good thing for your skin, and helps with cell renewal to make your skin more smooth and radiant. I love how this Laneige product has even more yummy ingredients added in, it'll definitely make your skin happy. 

I like this product, mainly because it's so yummy and very easy to use, which is very suitable for a busy girl like me. Now that I've tried the sample, I think I will go purchase the full sized one in the future. There are just so many wonderful products from Laneige that I wanted to try. My no-buy-ban needs to be over soon so I could try them all! :)

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for reviewing the Laneige Strawberry Yoghurt pack, I heard so many good things about this mask---it's one of their most popular items! Also, thank you for wishing me a happy birthday :) My family is pretty huge, but things can get hectic and noisy very quick. But I love them all the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard loads of good reviews on this mask too! The ingredients definitely sound more like food :D just looking at the mask makes me want to eat strawberry yogurt haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, I've actually been thinking about doing a post with the DIY yogurt mask too. great minds think alike! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tag, love!

    I will work on the 16 year old rebellious "lil" E letter soon! :)

    I'm reading your review as I'm stuffing my face up with strawberries . YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww that is SUCH a cute letter!! I love it what a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha! The letter is just too cute :) We should write to ourself 5 years from now so when we read it after 5 yrs, it would be fun :)

    Yay for Laneige! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww, sneak in to try new makeup, haha xD u are so cute! lol, I gonna think think think what i wanna write my my younger self few years back! Laneige sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay good weather!! Please please welcome me with good weather! Hahaha~ :P Thanks for the tag! Gosh I feel so old thinking back to when I was 16!! xP

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember when my grade school made us write to our high school selves haha! Wow, that was a LONG time ago!!! I think I said some cheezy stuff dude! hahaha~

    ReplyDelete
  10. thx for the review! have u tried the water sleeping pack! that one is SUPER DUPER convient!! u dont even have to wash it off! luv it!

    ReplyDelete