Tuesday, June 2, 2009

May Favorites + Swarovski Beads Haul

Hi I'm back! Sorry for the rather lack of updates recently. Work is driving me crazy and I am barely getting enough sleep. Yesterday I had a 10AM to 10PM day in lab and didn't even have time for a lunch break :( My experiment didn't turn out as well as I had hoped either, stupid samples. Those who work in the science field should understand my frustration. Anyhoo I am taking a nice lunch break at home today and resting, so I am going to update my blog :)
I know it's already June and I still haven't talked about my favorite items from May yet. So here we go!

♥ Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner in Birthday Suit:
A good base for any eyeshadows, makes color more vibrate and stay-put throughout the day. I've been using this product everyday. It's also perfect for those lazy or running-out-of-time days because I can simply swipe this cream on and get out of the door fast, yet it makes my eyes more vibrante and makes me seem more awake!
♥ Sephora Mini Heated Eyelash Curler:
It's pink! and it works :) I use this after applying mascara. Makes my lash curled for the whole day. For the best lash tutorial ever, please check out Fuz's video
♥ Kiss Me Heroine Make Mascara:
It doesn't weigh down my lashes, keeps them curled, makes them longer, and it's sweat, oil, tear and water proof :p Seriously it's probably the most hard-to-remove mascara I've ever tried and I love the fact that I won't come home racoon eyed :)
♥ MUFE Aqua Eyes:
Best eyeliner ever, I use this mainly to tightline. It stays put all day. Love love love! I need to get more colors of this.
♥ MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Duo:
Easy to carry around, a setting powder and a highlighter in one. I use the matte part everyday to set my makeup.
♥ Korres Primer:
I love the non-silicone feel of this primer, it feels more like a moisturizer, feels really light on skin, and helps me to control oil fairely well. Again, a daily product I use before I put on any sorts of makeup.
♥ MAC Brush Cleanser:
First time trying it, love the results. It's a quick way to clean my brushes daily, and then every week (or two weeks if I'm busy/lazy) I'd deep clean my brushes with baby shampoo and let 'em hang air dry. 
♥ Ojon Rub Out Dry Cleanser:
It's a really good dry shampoo. Helps me to de-grease and fluff my end-of-the day hair or second day hair, and it volumizes too! The smell is a little bit too strong for my liking, but it's okay as long as it gives me volumized hair, hehe :)

That's a lot of favorite products for this month. Being on a makeup diet forces me to use the product I already have and keep using them. But at the same time I am also itchy to buy new products soon, especially from reading other beauty blogger's hauls recently. 
Also, being on a makeup diet forces me to turn my attention to other hobbies. I made some Swarovski crystal jewelries the other day and I couldn't wait to try more. But Michael's was selling those supplies at a rather expensive price, so I went online and searched for supplier. I bought some beads and pendants from anybeads.com. They ship directly from Hong Kong and it only took me a week to get my package. Shipping was based on weight, and I ordered 12 items, it only costed me a buck for shipping! The lack of packaging is probably where they save money on cost, so these beads are not as nicely packed as the ones you could find at Michael's, but I am glad nothing came cracked. I can't wait to make more jewelry soon :)

--------------------
Last but not least, a fun tag I found from Chammy's blog:
If you have done any of these, you can bold the statement :) Feel free to do this tag and put this on your own blog.

1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band 

4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland
8. Climbed a mountain

9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch

15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables

19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo's David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London.
77. Broken a bone (not on me, but yes many times for work...some of you might know why :p)
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a lawsuit
98. Owned a cellphone /mobile phone
99. Been stung by a bee
100. Read an entire book in one day
There I am done, that was fun! haha enough time wasting now, lunch break is over! Please do this tag is you have time :) Thanks!!!

20 comments:

  1. ooo i think i wanna do that tag! =] thankksss hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm I did #35 (Amish people are funnny.... POINTS AND LAUGH).

    I should do my May favorites ... I dont even know what I really liked ... kinda sucks since we're still doing our project 20! hahahahahaha COME HOMEEE SOOOOOOOON LULU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also use the Kiss Me mascara! I've threw out all my other mascara haha~ And that Korres primer looks interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool tag. I wanna do caz it looks so fun!
    swarovski, wow,i wish i can access to these stores. haha xD,i don't even know how to do a piece of jewels.haha xD
    cant wait to see your new creation.

    LoVe <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay lots of loves! :D If I did a list it'd be LOOONG hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your "may " loves, I wanted to try the lash heater...but i'm scared it'll make my short lashes weak and I have this feeling of losing them all! LOL sorry paranoia alert! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always wanted to try Heated curler, I am just scared my short lashes will get weak and I'll lose them all! LOL Sorry Paranoia alert!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hmmmm i reallly want to try the heat curler

    ReplyDelete
  9. oo oooo I love the Benefit eyeshadow too!! I gotta try that heated lash curler now!

    Ooo pretty crystals, can't wait to see what you make with them! I can tell you really like pinks and blues hahaa. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh I wanna get me some of that pink eyelash curler as well and did you get the Ojon dry out cleanser for $8 too? I havent tried it out yet but I heard it smells.

    Those Swarovski crystals are so gorgeous, I cannot wait how it'll turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow..loves...those beads luk interesting..seems that ur jewelry-making is cathing up speed..:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. cool favourites! im still thinking about the MAC mineralized finishing powder :/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving the love list! I really love the Lancome bi-facil eye makeup remover, you're a doll for helpin me out!!
    Need to buy more Heroine make mascara - I refuse to settle for crappy drugstore mascaras that do zilch all and waste money on them :p

    Wow! Who did you meet that was famous? :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi~ thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment! ^__^

    you have really great fav items! XD
    and your swarovski haul is beautiful! having a hobby is great especially jewelry making! XD

    ReplyDelete
  15. I definitely want to try the mini heated eyelash curler.
    Is the Kiss Me Heroine Make different from their normal mascara? I have Kiss Me Mascara but it's not waterproof (obviously since you remove with water) and it doesn't really extend my lashes that much. They actually kind of get webby if I try to put on more. Have you had that problem?

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh cool! I want to try the mini eyelash curler :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. hi girl, where do you sell your jewelry???

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey girl~ thanks for stoppping by <3 and omg those crystals are gorgeous! so prettyyy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi, hun! Thanks for taking time and participating in my giveaway!
    I really want to try Benefit. Now I'm debating between birthday suit and lemon aid. Should give one a try!
    The crystals look so pretty! Oh the eyelash curler is cute too! So many things to try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh wow! Ive been wanting to try to make my own jewelries too! I love Swarovski Crystals and wishing that I'd be able to get me a Swarovski necklace someday! ahaha! :)

    I love MAC Brush Cleanser :)

    ReplyDelete