Thursday, June 11, 2009

Project 20 Pan Update

Exciting news, exciting news!!! Lulu and Co. found their first home this week :) What follows next will lots of paperworks, meeting with various people to get loans approved, inspections started, etc etc etc…right in the middle of the busiest few weeks of work and research for me. As a result I’ve been feeling so overwhelmed and stressed about everything that’s going on, yet super excited about the possibility of moving into a real house of my own very soon! I also have been behind in my beauty blogger reading again! *sigh* must catch up before it’s too late! hehehehe :p

I’ve also been doing a teeny bit of shopping around, not for myself, but I would like to have my first blog contest soon, to celebrate the start of summer season, and to thank all my wonderful readers who have been so supportive! Please stay tuned for that soon :)


Today, I would like to give you a much belated update on my progress in “Project 20 Pan”. It’s been a while since I’ve started doing this with AbcGrrrL and both of us are doing super well with it :) We’ve already been plotting a huge shopping spree once we finish with our no-buy ban, hahaha it’s nice to be looking forward to that :p

Continued from last time

Product #3: Merlot Grape Seed Moisturizer

This light moisturizer is made from natural grape seed. It has antioxidant and anti-wrinkle properties, and has SPF 15. I used this product as my winter SPF lotion, and loved it so much. Its texture is a light gel consistency, and is very fast absorbent. It took me from last fall to May to finish this 4 fl. Oz. tub, with daily usage. Pretty good deal I say!


Product #4: Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

I finished my night time moisturizer around the same time as my Merlot day time moisturizer. This is also a gel-like moisturizer that absorbs very quickly and makes skin feel so smooth and hydrated. This could also be slathered on as a 5-minute moisture mask, but most of the time I just pat it in my face before I go to sleep. I love how soft my face feels after I wake up.


Product #5: Neutrogena Oil-free Eye Makeup Remover

My everyday eye makeup remover. I’ve used up so many bottles of this. It works like a charm to remove even the toughest eyeliner and mascaras. And it’s a drugstore brand, so it’s super economical.


Product #6: Lypsyl LypMoisturizer Lip Balm

This lip balm is very moisturizing, and makes my lips remain moisturized until the morning. I love how cute the packaging is, the slider on the side pushes the product up, and it’s shaped like a yellow busy bee! :)


Product #7: Garnier Nutrioniste Skin Renew Daily Anti-fatigue Eye Cream

I used this day and night as the first layer of eye cream I apply on. Then in the night I follow up with a more moisturizing cream that contains anti-wrinkle formula. In the morning, I follow up with an eye cream with SPF. This light gel-like cream is easy to apply and absorb, but I don’t feel like it does anything for my eyes, in terms of de-puff, or diminish dark circles, help smooth out fine lines…that’s why I never used it alone because I don’t think it’s very effective.


Product #8: Pantene Pro-V Restoratives Breakage Defense Shampoo

Suppose to strengthen and fortify weak and exhausted hair to provide up to 90% less hair fall due to breakage in 1 month. Never completed the test to see whether if it was effective since I’ve only been using it on and off (too much shampoos in the shower to finish up, haha, it’s all LUSH’s fault :p). It’s an okay everyday shampoo.


Product #9: Gillette Satin Care Sensitive Skin Shave Gel

I’ve been using this brand of shaving gel for many many many years now and I’m always stocked up with this.


Product #10: Puritan’s Pride Vitamin E Cream

A scent-less creamy moisturizer for the face, neck and body. I’ve had this for a while, so glad to finally finish it off (I slathered a lot of it on my body every night…it’s the fastest way to finish off a product, hehehe :p)


Product #11: Daiweili OPC Multi-Effective Energizing Eye Cream

I bought this eye cream during my trip to China. It’s supposedly to be made from grape-seed extract as well. I didn’t want to put this around my eyes because it stung my eyes a little bit when I tried it. So I used it as a neck cream nightly. It’s very rich and makes my neck smooth and moisturized.


Last picture for today…my favorite appetizer: Onion Rings!!! *drool*

18 comments:

  1. Wow, hun! You're doing great! Even 10 pan project sounded hard for me. Maybe I'll start after all! Loove onion rings! And kudos on your new home. I imagine how busy you are cuz I'm looking for one too, but realtors are asking me to do the loan application first. So I'm wrestling with the paperwork!hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you're doing so well with your project 20 pan.... keep it up! Congrats on buying your first home. What an accomplishment! Will it be in the same city as you're living in now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. great, haha, I'm thinking to join the 10pan project too, haha, perhaps 30 i think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep up the good work with the ban! Yaay~ Your own house!

    And OMG onion rings. O_O They're HUUUUUUUGE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are doing great with the project 10 pan.. keep it up..yumm.. those onion rings look huge..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good work on Project 20 Pan!! I lurve onion rings as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. CONGRATS ON THE HOUSE LULU! I think people are saying it's a good time to buy... but I think it's still rather hard for poor-er people (a.k.a. miss wiggle) haha xD Oh well! Hopefully, by the time I get out of school, some sweet house will take pity on me. *^^* ...hopefully I won't have to move out of California...... :/

    ReplyDelete
  8. CONGRATS ON THE HOUSE LULU! so exciting isnt it!? the family and i will be moving out next month too. so excited!! yay, cant wait to hear more about your contest too! =] btw, i looove product 4 & 5! my favesssss =] thanks for stopping by and leaving ur comment, which reminds me too, i need a dental appt soon, thanks for reminding me.. lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL, you blame LUSH's shampoo. heheh

    I just realized most of your creams = in jars.

    I like how you slather as much lotion all over your body to hit pan. I'm doing that with my body lotion too (my favorite smell... ginger lime :( .... It's almost gone!!!!)

    Oh and by the way, I claim the bedroom that's on the same floor as your master, so I can bug you in the middle of the night :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love the satin care gel too! it does not irritate my skin unlike the skintimates or whatever it's called.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, you are doing so good!!
    haha I love it when I finish up a product too. It's a lot harder to finish a makeup item than like skincare or body products, so I get extra excited when I hit pan on makeup! :P

    BY the way! we're not going to move into that apartment close to Tolman anymore! We've decided to just stay at my boyfriend's current apartment because it's pretty spacious and rent is way cheaper, just gonna be kinda far from school though, but at least I am pretty close to the BART station!

    Oh and...CONGRATS on finding your first home!! I'm soooo excited for you! Party at your house hahah :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your first home! =)

    Wow, you've finished a lot of products! Only 9 more to go! Woohoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. project pan 20?! thats a huge number!! good luck, youre doing well :)

    Congrats on your first home!

    ReplyDelete
  14. congrats on your new home! and ill be looking forward to your contest! im announcing my theme probably tmr! so be on a look out! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow..congrats to ur new home..
    n yay..i have to start this project as well..!!
    have to make plans..

    ReplyDelete
  16. more than halfway there - yay!

    as far as I can tell, I'm only allergic to pollen (whether it's tree, grass, or weed, I have no idea, lol)...but no real food allergies except maybe brown rice, but that just popped up this year.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey sweetie! I have some random train case, I bought it in OBI (similar to Rutar or bauhaus) for 30€. It doesn't have any power supply or a power generator or anything, it's just a plain train case.

    I so envy you all your BB creams, hehe and the fact that you can buy so many different items from neutrogena (here are only hand creams avalible).

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ahahaa... ya, I come from Slovenia! We don't even have MAC here! hahaha....

    Yes some train cases have power supply, so you can do some hair styles too!

    ReplyDelete