Monday, July 13, 2009

Continued: Project 20 Pan

Sorry it took me a while to get this post up. I had all the pictures and product descriptions taken before my vacation, but never had the time to post up this post. Better late than never, so here are the rest of the products I've used up in the month of May and June that helped me to complete my Project 20 Pan with Edna :)

Continued from last time...

Product #12: Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque

It’s a thick green minty paste that you put on cleansed face. Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes, and then remove with warm water. It’s suppose to help dry up acne pimples, rinse away blackheads and shrink enlarged pores

I like to use cream masks like this type 20 minutes before I shower, so I could rinse it off in the tube instead of making a mess near my sink. While I’m waiting for the mask to dry, I’d brush my teeth, and clean around the kitchen or around the house before I get ready for shower. 

This mask is very affordable (around 3 dollars at Walgreens I think?) and easy to use. I use this as often as I remember, however it could be a little drying for more sensitive skins. I also heard some people use this as a spot treatment and leave it on overnight.

Product #13: Dermarest Eczama Medicated Lotion:

I use this occasionally when I have annoying eczema outbreaks. Mom bought it for me, it’s a very effective anti-itch cream. It contains 1% hydrocortisone as the main ingredients.

Product #14: Elizabeth Arden SkinSimple Unplugged Pore Refining Mask:

Another cream mask with exfoliating bits that I put on before shower and rince them off during shower. Can’t really say if it does anything, but I usually try to do a different kind of mask (let it be a sheet, cream, peel-off or sleep mask) everyday so this was one of the ones I alternate. Probably won’t re-purchase since I don’t see any effective from using this product. I do love the exfoliating beads in there since it makes my skin feel smooth afterwards.

Product #15: Jurlique Deep Penetrating Cream Mask:


I bought this mask right before they changed their packaging to the more colorful kind (as seen in Sephora). It was expiring this month (had it for about 1 year and half), so I’m glad I used it up on time. Nothing too special either, it’s got a nice smell to it, and very light and easy to spread around on my face. It’s suppose to help hydrate your skin.

Product #16: Naris Up Eggshell & Charcoal Mask:


This mask comes in two tubes, the first one (step 1) is an moisturizing essence that you put on before Step 2, which is a charcoal and eggshell peel off mask. It is to be used for removing black and whiteheads around the T-zone. This is by far the best whitehead removing mask I’ve ever tried, even better than those Biore pore strips! I need to stock up on this! Love it! You can buy it from imomoko.com.

Product #17: The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Blemish Fade Night Lotion:


A light gel moisturizer for oily/blemished skin. The tea tree oil formula is suppose to help improve the appearance of acne scars and blemish-damaged skin. This is actually my 3rd bottle of this. I use it as a moisturizer for warmer days and as my first layer of moisturizer for the winter. Honestly, I am not sure if it does anything, but I do like the light weight and non-greasy texture. It’s about $18 at the Body Shop, but if you’d like to try it, I suggest you to wait until their BOGO free days so you could get 2 for $18. Probably won’t be purchasing this again since I have so much more moisturizers to finish at home!

Product #18: The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Facial Toner:

Also bought this during the Face Shop BOGO free event. It claims to tighten pores, remove impurities and excess oil, and helps to combat blemishes. I am not sure how effective it was for me. I didn’t feel like it was helping me to tighten my pores after shower as well as some of the other toners I’ve had in the past. Plus this toner is not an alcohol free formula. I bought a bottle of this before and didn’t like it much. I don’t know what got into me that made me purchase another bottle! Glad it’s all used up now.

Product #19: LUSH Angels on Bare Skin:


Cleanser and soft exfoliator, suitable for all skin types. This is one of LUSH’s more popular items and I can see why. I absolutely love this all natural facial cleanser. I use it every night during shower. A small container like this lasted me a long time. You just take a little bit of the product, wet it with a few drops of water and mix until it forms a paste, apply it to face like a normal facial cleanser and then rinse. It makes my face feel so soft afterwards, and it’s not drying at all. The only downside about LUSH products is of their fast expiration date, since they use all natural ingredients. I believe Angels on Bare Skin only last about 3 months, so if you like to stock up on products like me, you better remember to finish up your LUSH products before you use anything else!

Product #20: Huggies Shea Butter Lotion:


Not sure why I bought this, but baby products are always the way to go when you have sensitive skin, and if they are good for babies, they are good for you too! I used this as body lotion.

Product #21: St. Ives Warming Scrub:


Bought this out of curiosity when I was purchasing St. Ives apricot scrub (an old HG of mine, but no longer because I’ve discovered something better!) It’s suppose to be an all natural exfoliant that relaxes pores for a deeper clean. It warms up on contact with water, so it could help open up the pores while cleansing. The warmth doesn’t last too long, but it’s fun to use while it lasted.

Product #22: Listerine Whitening Pre-Brush Rinse:


I always use a mouth wash after I brush my teeth every night, but this is my first time hearing about a pre-brush rinse that helps to whiten teeth. I thought I’d give it a try and hoped that it could replace a session of those whitening strips that I use once in a while to keep my teeth whitened. I gotta say I didn’t see an immediate difference after a bottle of this, and the liquid itself taste a little weird too. Like bleach? But at least it didn’t give make my teeth super sensitive like the whitening strips did every time. Curiosity fulfilled!

Product #23: Silk Oil Blotting Paper

See my review for oil blotting papers HERE!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yay that was more than 20 products finished. Project 20 Pan COMPLETED!!! :D I am really glad of this experience, because not letting myself buy any new products forced me to use up my existing ones, and made me rediscover some old loves. Also, even after I finished the project, I didn't feel an urge to shop for new stuff all the time anymore. I'd rather think first whether if I need this project or if I can buy it later after I use up my current one of the same kind. Because it is way more satisfying to use up something and see that empty bottle in hand!

Edna, Narita and I are planning on doing a make-up only Project 10 Pan later in the summer. Unlike skincare products, make-ups are actually a lot harder to hit pan with. We'll see how that one goes, wish us luck! And please join us if you want to :)

16 comments:

  1. Omg, I can't believed yyou finished so quick~! Wowzers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you have so many moisturizers and scrubs!

    I wanna try the Naris Up Eggshell & Charcoal Mask! Are we doing online purchases when you come back from your business trip? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. you have a lot of scrubs! I don't own any due to my sensitive skin, but if I have spots, I use The Body Shop's tea tree oil! :) it works on me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww.... u finished a lot items... i'm on my way to complete my 20 hit " them" too... haha xD

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow you're doing well.. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoah! That's lot of stuff you finished! Congrats!! I'm almost out of my skincare stuff too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. After looking at this post, i reallllly want to get my hands on that Naris peel and mint julep mask! hope i can find it in hong kong and toronto hehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. GREAT JOB! You totally made use of everything :] I always half ass use it. Weh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats! I would do if I could but it's too hard for me because I'm such limited edition MAC fiend and I feel like lots of stuff gets sold out really quick, but reading about this makes me want to live vicariously through you guys lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG you used up the Mint Julep thing?!! LOL... I somehow have 2 bottles of this, and I have yet to put a dent in either. Good job Lulu!

    p.s. - You are super-Perky! Come get your blog award missy! :D

    p.p.s. - By the way, have you tried ACT's fluoride mouth rinse in Bubblegum? DUDE, you have to try it! I love how it doesn't have the strong minty taste. And it's pink! And it has the coolest dispenser too! ...I think it's for kids... but oh well! *shrug*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of stuff you have mentioned! I love all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, Awesome job, hun! You went extra mile and exceeded 20 products! Congrats!
    I've been very busy last few days that couldn't even do any posts and read any blogs. I'm finally opening an escrow on Monday. So till Monday I can relax a little bit and regain my strength for another hard process. hahaha...
    Talk soon, sweets! Hope your moving is going smooth!:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oy, sadly no - the essays just keep coming! I swear last night I hit an application plateau~ all I wanted to do was pass out on the couch LOL! A get together with you and Edna would be a welcome break from the stress he he ~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Lulu :) Thanks for dropping by, you're doing so well with your project 20 pan... my project only 10 pan is suffering a little, cos I still have a lot of stuff to be finished, oh well, one day...:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. hey thanks for commenting on my blog :] the oil blotting paper looks so...professional , and i guess now i learned something...so it is true that tea tree oil gets rid of acne :D thanks

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, I need to do my own Project Pan!!! I'm moving in a month *crosses fingers* so I'm trying to finish up stuff, less to pack :)

    ReplyDelete