Wednesday, July 8, 2009

My new vanity ^_^

Tomorrow is a big day for us, our new house officially closes and we will be getting the keys and officially become house owners :) Tomorrow will also be the day when we can start moving!

Two weeks ago when my parents first arrived California, we visited the IKEA furniture store to look at potential furnitures we wanted to get for the new place. This big vanity table caught my eyes!


Image courtesy of Ikea.com

It has a big drawer that pulls out, inside contains 4 compartments that are lined with felt trays, perfect for organizing my makeup and jewelries. Also, the counter space is big and long enough to allow me to put all my goodies on top. I am planning on putting it against a wall and putting up a big long mirror right in front, like what Julia aka MissChievous did for hers. 

I love my parents for getting this vanity table for me :) I am so excited about start organizing and decorating my new place :)

16 comments:

  1. Lulu!!! I have the same vanity. Lol. I love it and kitties love sticking their paws in the the long drawer. You'll know what I mean when you put it together. So happy for you on your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new vanity! I need one badly myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! I like it! Congratulations on your closing. Good job! I'm still hunting... and it's hard and exciting...next week will write couple offers and wait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ cleung341: yay we are vanity twins!!! haha oh no, forgot about the annoying kitty that i have around the house! she better not be stealing my makeup and brushes! hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh wow, the vanity looks nice in the pictures!! I've been wanting to get a new one, and I'll have to check this out. Thanks for sharing this. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahhh i wish there was a close IKEA store near our area! i was looking for vanitys too for our new place! hahaha &still searching... congratulations on your closing lulu!

    ReplyDelete
  7. :( I want a vanity table too, but I guess my bathroom counter will do. I cant wait to visit you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll be raiding your makeup and playing with it (just like what Genia does to mine!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow..exciting..!!n happy moving.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. IKEEEEEEEEEEA! Did you have fun roaming that place? Dude it's SOOOO huge, I feel like I walked a million miles after looking at everything. But nice find! And do take a photo of your completed vanity! I only have a pseudo-vanity ... a.k.a. everything on top of the desk LOL... I hope to get one like yours one day ~ ~

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! I wish I had a vanity to put all my makeup stuff on. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi again lulu! well lancater, is in the desert area of california! lol i really dont know how to explain where it is located at, sorry... maybe just google it..? haha

    ReplyDelete
  13. oooh is that from the Malm collection? That's the furniture I have :) but no vanity, even though I want it...I just spread all my stuff out on 2 small dressers, haha - take pics of your vanity once you're all moved in & set up!

    and my bf is totally an outdoorsy guy - I mentioned that you went to Ranier and he was totally jealous (it's on his list of places to hike/climb)...I think he's trying to make me an outdoorsy girl that he can hike/climb/bike with, haha

    ReplyDelete
  14. GEEEEZ =] I'm so jealous! I wish I can get a vanity! ENJOY IT WELL DEAR.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hmmm.. I do not know if my comment gone through but I like your new vanity! :D I need to organize mine :)

    ReplyDelete