Tuesday, October 6, 2009

September Favorites

Oh no, it's already October! Which means it's time to talk about my favorite items to use during the last month. Is it me or is time going by super fast this fall?!

♥ OPI RapiDry Topcoat -- Thanks to the super sweet Kalmo for giving this to me! I love using my new OPI topcoat because it really dries super fast. And being the impatient person that I am, I tend to smudge my newly painted polish easily, this top coat on the other hand dries super fast and protects my nail polish from smudging!

♥ OPI Pink Flamenco -- This cute mini bottle of OPI is from the Senoritas collection Kalmo sent me :) I love this color on me, super bright hot pink!

♥ Orly Poison Apple -- A very pretty shade of red, perfect for the fall :) This is also my first time using Orly nail polishes, and I like it so far! Goes on really smoothly, and Poison Apple is so pigmented, one coat could do the job!

♥ Wet n' Wild Gold Mine -- Thanks to the wonderful Nic for sending me this in her prize package :) This is a shimmery shade of gold color. I wore it this past Saturday to my school's football game, because one of our school colors is GOLD :) I felt so school spirited, hehe. Too bad we lost the game! :p


♥ Essie Sensitivity Base Coat -- The basecoat that I am currently using for all my weekly manicures.

♥ Softlips Lipbalms -- I love Softlips lipbalms, especially since they come in this super thin and slick packaging, and they have tons of yummy flavors to choose from. Best of yet, most of their lipbalms contain an SPF of 20. The ones I used the most last month was vanilla and honeydew flavored. Applying an SPF lipbalm is a must in my everyday makeup routine, someitmes I just apply my Softlips lipbalms and go w/out any lipglosses or lipsticks.

♥ Stila Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 -- I have been neglecting my BB creams and foundation in September, and have been using this tinted moisturizer every day. I love how light and easy it is to apply TM. My skin has been really good to me recently, smoother, less breakouts, less oily, and less visible acne scars (fingers crossed that it'll keep up being good :p), so I didn't feel the need to cover it up with heavy foundations.

♥ CoverBlend Multi-Function Concealer SPF 15 -- It doesn't crease under my eyes and has pretty smooth and good coverage. I love it! Thanks Kalmo <3

♥ ghd Fat Hair Lotion For All Over Volume -- I originally blogged about it here about how I received a sample from Sephora and loved the result. I purchased a full bottle of it during the summer but haven't been using it much because I haven't been blow drying my hair. Recently the weather turned colder, and being the night owl that I am, sometimes I didn't get to shower and wash my hair until the wee hours in the morning, and by that time I already don't feel like spending more time blow drying my hair. But sleeping with wet hair on a cold night is not fun! So for the past week or so, I've been religiously blow drying my hair and using my Fat Hair Lotion again. It does a good job keeping my hair protected, soft and volumized. I was also hoping that knowing that I have to spend extra effort blow drying my hair will make me want to go shower earlier and sleep earlier, but I guess I still like to be a night owl...:p

♥ Clinique Turnaround Concentrate Visible Skin Renewer Serum -- Truly a cocktail for the skin. It makes my skin feel so smooth! I actually look forward to using this product everyday because of how good it feels.

♥ Paul & Joe Whitening Serum -- Even though I've only been using this product for about 5 days, I think it's working already! My acne scars have been looking slightly fainter these days, and I love it! I love how light the texture feels, and how it smells yummy like orange creme :) I'll keep using this and report back on how well it works :) Thanks so much May!!!

So these are the products that I've been using and loved in the month of September. What about your favorite products? :)
Last week was my best friend/college roommate's birthday, I sent her a love package filled with her favorite chocolates and candies, and also made these for her:

A chocolate cake (her favorite) charm :)
Necklace :)
I hope she will be surprised when she receives the package!

24 comments:

  1. Great Sept. favorites! I've been looking for those WnW polishes to no avail! Hahaha.

    What pretty presents for your friend! Lucky girl her! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The charm is so cute. I was trying to learn how to make those kinds of knots, but never got around to it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Thanks for sharing your monthly favorites with us Lulu! I'm glad you like the OPI top coat. :) Ahhh I really want Poison Apple nail polish and especially the GHD Fat Hair lotion, I need to use up my current stash before I make a new buy though haha. Glad to hear you like the Clinique Turnaround and Paul & Joe Whitening, they both sound really promising. Wow, I love everything you made for your roommate Lulu, the charm and necklace are gorgeous!! The cake looks so real!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great list, Lulu! I need to get my paws on some of that P&J whitening serum! Love your cute creations. Super sweet of you to send a love pack to your friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving your September favorites:) I glad the P&J Whitening Serum works for you. I think I'm going to get the Clinique Turnaround Concentrate this week for my gwp..heehee

    The chocolate cake charm is so cute and the necklace is beautiful. You're such a sweetie to send your friend a love package, I'm sure she will love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lulu, RYC - I press my rhinestones into wet polish (so like, for whichever is the last coat before top coat, I'll do each nail one at a time: polish, then rhinestones, then next nail, etc). I find that this way, the nail polish really forms a grip *around* the rhinestone as well as underneath it and that really helps to keep it from falling off (or being pulled off). I also then do a pretty thick globby coat of topcoat on top to seal. HTH =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi!!Thanks for posting this.....your creation is super kawaii....:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh you're so sweet hehe:) i'm sure your best friend would love these thoughtful presents.

    I'm very interested in that Stila TM, please do a review when you have the time :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much nail stuff!! :)

    I like how you got straight to work after Mr David told you to! Next time we hang out, me you and Daniel should bust out with our iPhones and make Mr David jealous. Oh wait, does he read this?!!

    You got the PJ whitening seruM?!! OOOO, I wanna tryyyyyy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE the clinique turnaround and p&j whitening serum
    two of my HG

    http://sparklemidori.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. =D Ahh thanks for sharing your favourites! Glad to hear the P&J whitening serum is working well!

    The presents you made for your friend are also ADORABLE. By the way, what glue did you use to keep your charm attached to the hook? Mine keep falling off. I've tried glue-gunning (and burnt myself), and I also tried a duo adhesive for plastics, but it was completely fail. =_=

    ReplyDelete
  12. great favorites!! i really need to get my hands on the clinique turnaround serum and the fat lotion now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great favourites & it's not just you, I also think time is flying by this fall!

    && lovely charm you've made there!!! Your creations are so pretty. Hope to purchase some in the near future ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  14. P.S I def love noodle soup on a cold day...yay! Time to whip out those Converse shoes girl!

    ReplyDelete
  15. agree...the time is flying by! pink flemenco is so pretty! the stila TM sounds really good!! i need to get my hands on it..stat!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awww that chocolate cake charm is super cute! & I love the necklace, too (=

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice favorites!! I love soft lips too.. and you are so lucky winning the give aways here and there!! Yay!! you deserve it though :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi hun, I don't think you got my last comment, I need you to email me your address so that I can send you your winnings :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. great faves for September :) I've been a loyal fan of softlips since HS, lol...always carry one in my purse and have a couple backups with my makeup. The little cake charm is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  20. hiii :)
    hope you don't mind the shameless advertising buuut we feel our product is worth being shameful for lol

    We sell SWAROVSKI crystals and everything else you need to make that perfect unique piece of jewellery. More importantly, we also educate people on the basics of jewellery making :)

    please check out our blog:
    23Crystals.blogspot.com

    anddd our official store:
    My23Crystals.com

    last but not least, join our online store community here:
    http://www.my23crystals.com/index.php?p=newprofile
    . . . to be eligible for our MONTHLY giveaways :)

    xoxo
    Anne and Toots :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for your sweet comment, Lulu! :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think your friend will love the package... the little chocolate cake is cute!

    *loves*

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for the lovely comment girl! :) And yup, our apartment is small but fits us two! ahahah! We barely have any visitors anyway. I need to start buying baking pans so I can learn how to bake :P

    ReplyDelete