Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Finally an update & Happy Thanksgiving!


I'm alive! I'm back! Sorry for the long absence since my last post.  Some of you might know, I have been working on my thesis, and the past two weeks have been extremely hectic! The good news is, several late nights later, I am finally DONE! I can't wait to print it out on nice paper and turn it in once I get all my professors to read and approve it! It's such a relief to finally not have to worry about it anymore! Thanks to those of you who encouraged me and motivated me through emails, blog messages, and tweets! My blogger girls are so loving and supportive! *hearts*



Last week I went to San Francisco and had the chance to finally meet up with May! May and I have been emailing each other for a while now, and she has been such a great friend! But it wasn't until last week that we were finally able to meet up in person! Of course, being the nicest girl that she was, she had to prepare me a goodie bag, filled with her favorites! She got me my first Dior Addict High Shine lippie in Cranberry Coquette! I am super excited about that! I am loving the Bath and Body Works mentha lip tint lipgloss as well, a breath re freshener, color, and shine all in one, how cool! Thank you so much May! I can't wait for us to hang out again later this week! May and I are planning on going shopping together in SF this weekend :)



When Hard Candy line first came out in Walmart, May was telling me how excited she was about it. She told me what she purchased back then, but little did I know, she got me something too! This nail polish in Hypnotic is super gorgeous, it's a sparkly rosy color that looks great under sunlight! My picture did not capture how pretty it was since I took it at night with the flash on :( This will do the polish more justice.


  
Here is what NARS Orgasm nail polish looks on my nails:


It's pretty sheer, here I was with 2 coats and you can still see the white tips of my nails peaking through. I love the color, it's not as orange as my picture is showing in real life, more like a pinkish peach color against my skin tone.

♥  Mihoko was having a Morse code contest the other night, and I was one of the lucky winners! Mihoko is super sweet and always has interesting contest ideas, please make sure to check her blog out!



A Koji Active Eye Talk double eyelid glue, which has been really fun to play with. I don't have mono-lid, however, I have been using it the way Mihoko showed us here, for a restless night when my eyes were more swollen than usual and my crease wasn't showing up evenly. She also sent me a cute little hair spray, Kao Style Lock hair spray, which she told me is a fragrance free hair spray. Thank you so much Mihoko! :)




My small Sasa haul finally made its way through! Sasa packages are a true test to your patience, especially now during holiday season, it has been slower than ever. But it's okay, the wait is always worth it :) The star of this package was the BeautyMate Anti-Blemish Repairing Nano Mask. After purchasing so many masks that are targeted specifically for anti-aging, and whitening. I figured it's time to stock up on masks with other functions as well. BeautyMate is another Taiwanese company, and just like Beauty Story and My Beauty Diary, they make a range of masks for all needs. It is slightly more expensive than Beauty Story masks at $6.40 for 7 pieces (instead of 10), but it is still an awesome awesome deal! I will be writing a review comparing all three of the masks sometimes soon!



I also got another pack of the Dariya hair Velcro in baby blue, to keep in my bathroom when I wash my face in the morning.  Another pack of the Kose Softymo nose strip that I love, and two packs of Kuan Yuan Lian's green bean face powder to try out. It can be used as both a face wash, or a mask.



Korres was having their F&F sale a few weeks ago, and I used the opportunity to grab a few X-mas stocking stuffer items -- their highly rated cherry oil full color lip gloss, mango butter lipstick in SPF 10, a guava body butter and lip butter set (lip butter is for me to try), an organic lemon lip scrub for my dry chapped lips during the cold weather.



Last weekend, I went to my local Ulta to pick up some Essie nail polishes for a special friend :) Which was a big mistake, because I came home with so much more than just the couple bottles for her! I'll admit it here: My name is Lulu and I am a nail polish addict! 





I picked up a few of the Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Extreme Wear nail polishes. So far I've tried the deep purple one on the left (Flirt), and the bright green one that the bf picked up for me (Ivy League). I am pleasantly surprised with these polishes, I love how wide their brushes are, like the OPIs. Wider brushes offer an even coverage and I prefer them so much more.

Look what I found! Days of the week Hello Kitty socks :) When I was younger, I've always wanted a set of days of the week underwear, somehow I never got my hands on any. But the desire to look for days of the week items have since been in my head and I was always on a lookout for them. So I was super excited when I found a set with Hello Kitty on them, hahaha :)



Bad me, bad me. I not only convinced myself to get my hands on these oh-so-pretty Jill Stuart blush compact, I convinced two of my fellow blogger friends to get them too! This was my first time purchasing from Cosme-de.com, and I am sure it won't be the last. Their service was excellent, and shipping was extremely fast. The blush arrived at my house safe and sound all the way from Hong Kong in a week!



I got the Jill Stuart Mix Blush Compact in 09 Little Bouquet. This is from their Fall 09 collection, I believe. It's so pretty! The peach square is my favorite part of the blush, because I've been wanting a peach blush for a while now! The detachable retractable brush is dense and soft, plus it's super adorable with the shiny handle and the pink gem on the side. This is sooo pretty! I have it placed on my vanity table and I couldn't stop admiring it! hahahaha

And finally, the bf and I bought our first Christmas tree and put it up together. Mia is happy about the addition in the livingroom too, because she gets to sleep on the fluffy "snow" and dream about her Christmas presents all day long!
 



Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I will be making my first ever turkey on Thursday, oh boy, wish me luck!!!

21 comments:

  1. congrats on finishing your thesis! i'm still struggling to do mine :(

    wow, what a haul! you got the JS blush too! i just got mine as well :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow great haul!! im totally getting addicted to nail polish we have great make up range called barry m which does the most amazing colours! Ps love your cat sleeping under your xmas tree so cute!
    magpie-girl.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, but i have to hand her the money first LOL

    yup, i'm at last year now, hopefully will graduate next year. how about you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're only on november and it feels like christmas time already ^^ Congrats for the thesis, it must be hard :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. *high fives* Congrats on finishing that thesis, sweetie! :D And holy haulness! "My name is Lulu and I am a nail polish addict!"...hee hee. I need a darn Ulta by me. Love everything you got! The HK socks and pic of Mia under the tree made me smile. That is so cool that you got to meet up with May. She is so sweet. Love all you Bay Area girls!

    P.S You can totally pull off red nails/lips! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, you beat me to it! I still have to get my first Dior lippie haha. That looks like such a pretty color too!

    Congrats on finishing that thesis! Phew, I can't even survive a take-home final, much less a thesis LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice hauls!!! yeah sasa takes forever , I usually already forget about what I order before I get it hehe

    The JS blush is so cute, I have the exact same color and love it

    ReplyDelete
  8. hooray!!for finishing your thesis.....so nice of may to give you all those stuff.....& I want a JS blush..everyone already has it except for me..:( Love all your hauls.....& Mia looks like a part of the X'mas tree....hehe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi hUn! yay for new post and congrats on finishing your thesis! you already got your cosme-de blush >_< IM still waiting for mine :( oh well,, I was that sheet mask on sasa and wondered about if it was good hehe so please do a review when you can! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. :) Mia looks so cute under the tree! I want my JS blush! HMPT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. congratz on finishing ur thesis !hehe
    the blush looks so pretty !hehe

    ReplyDelete
  12. congrats on your thesis! must be nice to have that off your shoulders! :)

    WOW.. i love coming to your blog <3 so happy i found it! hehe i can't stop oogling (is that a word??) at all your goodies. you always feature unique and pretty products for us to see. thank u!! <3<3 now i'm off to check out the cosme-de site.. hehe xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW Lulu!! So much awesome stuff!! Hello Kitty, Dior, Hard Candy, Jill Stuart (!!!) and OMG THE HELLO KITTY DAY OF THE WEEK SOCKS!!!!

    What are the lipglosses from your Ulta haul? They look sooo cute!

    And awww, I really want to convice SO we need a tree this year... hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey baby! Yes, you need to get thee to Tarjay! I love peeking through the clearance racks to look for gems. Doesn't always happen but every once in a while you find gold. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow... what a great haul! Yay, the JS mix blush is totally worth to get! 09 Little Bouquet looks so pretty! <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. wah!!! omg omg, so many great stuff u got, sooo nice great haul, & hapy thanksgiving

    lulu i tagged u
    http://ohwowsorandom.blogspot.com/2009/11/happy-happy-thanksgiving.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey girl!
    Hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving with family and friends. =)

    I really like that Jill Stuart blush compact. It's so pretty. I think I'm convinced to get some Jill Stuart stuff myself. =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Omg what a post! Hahaha :)
    I love all of the things you got esp the cute little gifts from May and Mihoko~ Not to forget also the JS blush ^_^
    Thanks for your comment and hope you had a nice thanksgiving too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. so many goodies!!! i think there are a few nail polish addicts out here, haha :)

    your tree looks so pretty! I think the best I'll be able to do is to buy a rosemary bush and decorate it with tiny ornaments =P

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi LuLu! I have that hairspray too and I love it to bits:) ur blog is so cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Omg, I'm becoming a nail polish addict too! Now I feel like I have to get my hands on that hard candy lacquer. So pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete