Friday, November 6, 2009

October Favorites!

I'm terribly sorry for being late on talking about my last month's favorite product. The first week of November passed by SO fast, I can't believe it's already the weekend!

This month, I loved using:

Click on picture to enlarge!

♥ Clarisonic Mia -- This was love at first sight (use). Not only is it super easy to use, super cute, easy to take to travel with, and it's PINK! Best of all, it really did wonders for my skin! I use this twice a day, in the morning with my Cetaphil face wash, and in the night with...you guessed it, Cetaphil, except the oily/combo skin version that has more cleansing power and would help me to take off any residual traces of makeup that my cleansing oil might not have. I like using Cetaphil with the Clarisonic brush because it's foam free, and therefore less messy to use over the sink. I also heard Philosophy's Purity Made Simple works well with the Clarisonic, I shall be trying that next after I am done with my current bottle of Cetaphil.

Ever since I started using Clarisonic, I've noticed that my skin has been a lot smoother, which is awesome because it makes any skin products I use right afterward absorb into my skin like a dream. Also, I've noticed the one pimple on my forehead when I started using Clarisonic had dried up and flattened the day after I started my new routine, the gentle yet effective brush head drove the nasty gunk out of my pimple! Awesome!

Oh and of course, the most important reason I am love my Clarisonic Mia is because it shares the same name with my Mia Catcat! hehehe just kidding :p


♥ LUSH Smitten Hand Cream
-- It's an yummy almond milk scented, nourishing hand cream. It smells like my favorite LUSH soap Snowcake.

♥ Essie Matte About You -- This topcoat transforms any colors of nail polish into a matte finish. Instead of buying individual bottles of matte polishes, this one bottle does it all. So when the trend dies down after the season, I won't end up with bottles and bottles of matte polishes.

♥ Sephora by OPI 212 -- This is the perfect color for winter! It's a smokey black color with tons of various sized sparkles that looks gorgeous under the sun.

♥ LUSH the Big Tease -- A little bit of this hair cream goes a long way, and really does a good job controlling any flyaways. It's the best smelling hair products I've used -- smells like LUSH Olive Branch solid perfume!

♥ Smith's Rosebud Salve -- I've been using this ever since I finished my manuka honey lip balm (I can't believe I finished a lip balm completely!). I use it as my night lip treatment. It smells really pleasant, and does a pretty good job keeping my lips moisturized for the night.

♥ Yes to Carrots C Through the Dry Spell Delicious Rich Body Butter -- I put this one every night after I get out of the shower to keep my skin moisturized. It is important to moisturize, especially since the weather has gotten cooler. This body butter comes in a huge jar. It smells pretty nice. I love its texture, it's really easy to absorb and feels non-greasy, which is a big plus for me, I hate the feeling of greasiness in my hands after I apply moisturizers. It's a really good drug store body butter!

♥ Cover Girl Lash Blast -- I've been using this mascara only for the past month instead of switching a different one everyday because I am trying to work on my Project 10 Pan, hahaha. I like Lash Blast for the volume it gives to my lashes, the huge wand does take a little getting used to though!

♥ Stila Lip Glaze (Raspberry) -- pssstt...here is a secret -- I don't like raspberry scent! So why do I like this product? Well the raspberry scent in this lipgloss is really faint so it doesn't bother me much. The color is pretty, and Stila lip glazes are really easy to use and take along. I've been actively using this lip gloss daily for Project 10 Pan, hahaha :)

So here are my favorite products to use for the month of October. What are your favorites? Please share :)

Hope you are having an awesome weekend!

25 comments:

  1. I like your october faves....and I agree with the matte top coat..don't waanna be stock with lotsa matte polish after....and I like mia's argyle shirt..so preppy...hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Smith's Rosebud Salve too haha ..^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. wooow this Hello Kitty mascot is so cute <333
    I love it :)
    And ur cat is also cute :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing =)

    Your kitty is soooooo cuute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh now i want to try the yes to carrots!! i am almost our of moisturizer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay for yes 10 carrot... I saw a lot of beauty bloggers raving about it. too bad, it is not available in M'sia... uh

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving Lash Blast! I think it's the best when it comes to volume (=

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice favorites! now i really want a mia! i was meaning to do a favorites post as well, i'm so behind

    your kitty is so cute, i try to dress up mine but he acts all funny when i put clothes on him (he just lays there like he's paralyzed haha)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooo I've heard so many good things about the Mia! ahhh!! and Mia cat cat is so cute, love her sweateR!

    ReplyDelete
  10. awww the cat is so cute with the little sweater!! and I wanna try that clarisonic mia too~ High five for Lash Blast fans!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great favourites! I really want to try the Clarisonic but it's too pricey for me. Saving up never works..T.T I end up spending it on something else =P

    And I have the Essie Matte About You too. It's much more practical than bottles of matte polish. =]

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw, Mia Catcat is a cutie pie! :) I love my Clarisonic for when I get the flakies on my face. Yours is cooler b/c you have the newer one. ;) What a great list of faves! I had no idea LUSH made hand cream. *lives under a rock*

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need to do my Monthly favorites too! :] Yay for Clarisonic! I only use it at night.. Maybe I need to use it in the mornings too but I am always in a hurry :[ Well maybe 1 minute of my life is worth to use. ahahah :P

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Lulu, I really love that song too hehe :) I've got the MP3 if you want it I can email it to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. LuLu~ When I get a chance I will go to Claires and see if I pick the crown earrings up for you =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know it can be so dangerous! But I figured some ladies may still want to get stuff...lol. :) Happy Sunday, lovah!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ah, I've heard such awesome things about the Clarisonic but it's still out of my price range. Glad to hear it's working for you though!

    And omg, I love Lush! I was so sad I wasn't able to stock up on face masks when I was up in the Bay Area this time!

    ReplyDelete
  18. great october faves :) I know a lot of blogger ladies got the Mia during the sephora FF sale - it's on my wishlist but i'm going to try and get through my clean & clear scrubber thing to see if that improves my skin first =P ♥ matte top coat too! definitely nicer to spring on a bottle of top coat vs the matte shades that will sit around longer than a top coat.

    aww, hehe you checked out my blog for korres info! the lip butters are wonderful - i think i have umm...5 now? and they're supposed to work as cheek stains too! i liked their mascara, but had to toss my tube of it since it's been a few months. can't wait to see what you hauled from korres though!

    ReplyDelete
  19. aww mia is so cute!
    a lot of people got the clarisonic it seems, i still am not sure if i want to try it yet [cos i also read some bad reviews before] but its awesome tats working for u

    ReplyDelete
  20. Macau's definitely worth a visit if you're going to HK! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lulu thank you SO SO much for the extremely detailed comment and advice! Also hearing your story made me feel thankful that my ears aren't that infected.. I'm so glad that your ears are finally ok now!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What?! You had a mini- blog meetup and I wasn't there?!?! How could this be?! xD Let me know if you gals area getting together again - I'm totally there!

    I was thinking of getting the Mia - I'm a little afraid it'll break me out, as some have experienced. Perhaps if I use it sparingly?

    ReplyDelete
  23. absolutely LOVING the clarisonic mia!

    ReplyDelete