Sunday, January 24, 2010

BF's Adventures in Sephora and LUSH

I *heart* my bf, not only because he loves and cares so much about me. But also because he is the one who always tells me to go update my blog and encourages my beauty obsession, since he knows this is what I enjoy doing.

Over the holidays, my grandparents and parents were over in California to visit us. Since it was such a rare opportunity especially for my grandparents to travel, I wanted to spend as much time with them as possible. Over the New Year, I stayed at home to spend time with my family while the bf travelled to LA to visit his. Since he knew that I wouldn't be able to have time to go to any after-Christmas sales in the mall, he offered to grab some stuff for me :) Keep in mind, just like most guys out there, he hates shopping with a passion! Imagine how lost he must be in stores like Sephora and LUSH!



LUSH was having an awesome after Christmas sale, and this was my first time hearing about this great deal. When I posted about how much I love Snow Fairy shower gel in one of my previous posts, a helpful blogger (Thank you!) reminded me about the sale and that I should stock up then. Imagine my excitement when the bf came home with THREE bottles of my favorit-est scent in the whole world! He also knew that I love LUSH bubble bars, and got me these cute No Name (Gnome Name) bubble bars, the eyes were chocolate chips, how adorable is that :) All of the LUSH holiday items were buy 1 get 2 free.



Sephora also had a $10 and under sale.I asked him to get the NARS duo concealer and a Benefit to Go Beauty Bestsellers kit. Both were $10 each. December was his birthday month, so he got a free shower gel as the birthday present. I guess they don't give out lipglosses to the guys :p




The NARS concealer was in Ginger/Custard, and is suitable for medium skintones. The consistency of the concealer is creamy and easy to blend, yet it doesn't crease much, which is awesome! The shades also suit my skin tone very well. I use the lighter color for under eyes, and the darker shade for the rest of my face to cover up any blemishes.




The Benefit kit is super adorable. The OPI nail polish bottle on the side is for size comparison. As you can see, all the products were sample sized, but they are sufficient for many usages. So far I've tried the Highbeam as a highlight, and Posietint as a cute pink blush.



There is more! Hidden under all the Sephora goodies were a cute red box tied with pretty ribbons. What is it?



He got me a heart shaped white gold pendant with sparkly diamond accent. I love it so much! I've been wearing it every day since I got it.




He even got Mia something :) A blue and gold raincoat (our school color) that Mia was too fat to fit in, haha how sad! And a pink mousie cat toy. The towel is actually for me, it has an embroidered cat face on it, which looks just like our Mia.

Even though the bf was only in  LA for a few days, but he got me so much goodies! Thank you for being such a sweetheart, and for supporting my beauty obsession :p

How's everyone's weekend so far? Yesterday (Saturday) was a sunny day, which was very special since it's been pouring nonstop in California for a week now! So off to the mall we went!




A box of See's chocolate that we both love. I guess we are celebrating Valentine's day early :) Look whose stinky foot got into the picture!



The bf also bought me a YSL Parisienne  perfume set. Edna told me to go sniff the YSL ad in my Cosmo magazine, and I fell in love with the scent right away! It's such a lovely floral scent, very sweet, but not over powering. This set is a Valentine's Day set that includes a 1.6 oz bottle, a small travel sized bottle, and a body lotion in the same scent. I am so excited about this, and plan on wearing it everyday now because I love it so much!

19 comments:

  1. Yay for all the gifts:) You are officially the queen of Lush:) David is so sweet:) He got you all the goodies. Let me know how you like the NARS concealer was in Ginger/Custard. I really want to get the YSL perfume now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your BF is indeed great :) awww wonderful hauls :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, your bf is awesome! My bf would never do some shopping for me (since he always keeps saying, what if he gets the wrong something? tss... tss...), haha...

    The heart pendant is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl! First off I just wanted to thank you for the sheet masks you sent me =) I received them a few days ago! Also, your bf is so great that he supports your love of beauty blogging! My bf would never do that lol He's always complaining I spend too much money on makeup and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww....how sweet of david.....I'm so happy for you!!!!hehe....I also got those sephora $10 stuff...but I haven't tried it yet...and I see mia wants to grab those chocolates....miss u girl...

    ReplyDelete
  6. your bf sounds so sweet! haha i think my bf gets bored when i tell him about my blog and how i get excited when i buy new products and experiment with them! lol

    i wish i had a bf who could shop for me as well :) ooh darnit, i wanted to pick up the nars concealer too but missed out on the chance and now they are sold out! great lush haul i think u have a full stock of snow fairy to last you until next christmas maybe?

    the heart pendant is super adorable as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow the bf is so sweet! I lol when you wrote that Mia couldn't fit into her raincoat. Hee hee. One of my kitties is a fatty and he looks even fatter than he really is bc he has such long hair. I just say the more to love, right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw how sweet! My bf is the same and asks if I'm blogging haha! He also always asks and sometimes encourages me to go into sephora because he knows I usually want to hahaha! You got some good deals! I should really take advantage of the Lush sale if it happens again! And wow are those great goodies you got for under 10?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the nomes are so cute!!!!! the heart and ysl stuff is awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. awww me also want that ysl set!
    lol
    ur bf is too sweet!:P

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG, he got you the lil knomes?! They are so cute!! GRRR I want the YSL perfumeeeee

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awwww, what a sweet BF!! Oooh, I've been eyeing the Parisienne perfume for a while now but I feel like I should actually wear the perfumes I do have LOL. Awwww, so sad Mia couldn't fit in her raincoat!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow.. u have the sweetest bf ever! so jealous~~ haha.
    same as jess.. my bf never buys me cosmetics/ skincare coz he's afraid of getting the wrong stuffs... :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. lady, you got some nice stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  15. aww that's really sweet of your bf to get those things for you and encourage you to keep up with beauty blogging :) my bf is ok with sephora now - only because he's got to get his zirh products there!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your bf rocks...yay to all those goodies! XD I missed the $10 sale...d'oh!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness!! David is just the sweetest ever!! I'm jealous XD Raymond NEVER encourages me to blog. He went from calling it a healthy hobby, to a bad obsession! >.< LOL

    But seriously, you are one lucky gal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely gifts!

    Your blog is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your boyfriend is such a sweetheart!! My guy is very encouraging, too, but he doesn't supply me with "materials" like yours does! You do realize this means you'll have to have a REALLY good reason to ever stop blogging! Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete