Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Alice in Wonderland Haul

Both of these hauls were from the end of January, I believe. I received the products at the beginning of February. I wanted to post my January hauls slowly and spaced out, to help me get through my February no-buy more easily, since I get to look at my haul posts throughout the month :)


When OPI came out with their Alice in Wonderland nail polish collection, I knew I had to get my hands on these. In particular, the two glittery ones, Absolutely Alice, and Mad as a Hatter were so attention drawing and one of a kind, and I never owned anything in my collection similar to those. I rushed to my local Ulta on the first day of release, but sadly they were all sold out! Now I know, girls in my area are crazy about pretty stuff that I like too! hahaha :p The Ulta girl told me that they were going to have a new stock coming in the coming Thursday, but I know I couldn't wait any longer, so I went ahead and ordered two sets of the minis on Amazon, one for myself, and the other for a very dear friend :) I figured the set will let me try out all the colors (4 of them) in the collection.

Here I am with Mad as a Hatter on my nails:

Absolutely Alice:

The chunky glitters made them kind of hard to spread across my nails evenly, and it was also hard to remove the glitters that accidentally got on my cuticles :T Plus these colors are so sparkly and vibrant, definitely not very work friendly :p Nevertheless, they are so fun and too pretty to pass up!

Also, Urban Decay came out with its special edition Alice in Wonderland Book of Shadows. I've never owned any Urban Decay book of shadows before, and thought this would be a great place to start! Sadly, Urban Decay's website sold out of its own BOS the day of its release. So a few days later when Sephora finally had it in stock, I ordered it right away, fearing that it might be gone again very soon.

 
Sephora haul: Urban Decay Alice in Wonderland Book of Shadows, 
and an Ed Hardy Sephora tote as a free gift. 


This eyeshadow palette is so delicately made with my favorite pop-up design that opens up the scenes of Alice in Wonderland, along with a pretty decently sized mirror.


The eyeshadow drawer pulls out to 16 brilliantly colored shadows, two 24/7 eyeliners, and a mini bottle of Urban Decay Primer Potion -- which I have never tried before and was always curious about it. A lot of the colors are pretty neutral and are suitable for everyday wear.

 

 

25 comments:

  1. wow so nice! haha i wanted to get the UD palette but then i kinda hesitated. and now it's gone -_- haha stupid me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the nail polish is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waahh! Love it, love it! Lucky girl =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so envious that you managed to get yourself an Alice in wonderland palette. I attempted to order myself one online on the day of release in the UK (at 8am too!) and it was completely and utterly sold out already. D= Sad...

    I love the nail polishes too~ I don't know if OPI is doing them here though..Maybe I will try to get the Alice in Wonderland by Paul & Joe when its released here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, gorgeous haul! I think it's so awesome that you got the full set of AIW stuff. I am still kind of sad I passed on all of it lol...

    ALSO OMG LULU! I just realized that you sent me strawberry mochi in that package!! LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. must get my hands on the opi polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great haul!!! I was just playing around and applying the alice nail polishes today too hehe The glitters are nice but definitely not subtle :)

    I wanted to get Alice BOS too but it was too pricey for my budget!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ah you got this! so jealous! its always out of stock, the colors are gorgeous and jewel like!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ALICE IN WONDERLAND!?!!! =DDD

    The Urban Decay Alice in Wonderland Book of Shadows is so pretty! Great shadows but I doubt I'd ever use them all. BLEH.

    And the Mad as a Hatter nail polish caught my eye as well. So tempted to get myself that collection. Do you think it was worth it? The glitter polish is awesome but what do the reds look like?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love Alice in Wonderland polishes!!! So amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I still havent tried my Alice nail polishes yet. Im afraid of wasting my time to remove the polish color. :T

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing lulu, the alice in wonderland shadow palate is soo prettyyy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Alice nail polishes are sooo pretty! I'm tempted!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooooh alice in wonderland goodies! The nailpolish is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't like glittery stuff on myself, but on your short nails it looks very cool :p

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this post cuz' it makes me want to kick myself for not getting these when I was at the store & holding it...

    ReplyDelete
  17. ooooh gorgeous gorgeous nail polish! i want them too! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great Alice in Wonderland haul! I love the OPI Mad as A Hatter nail polish too, looks great on you. :) I regret not getting Absolutely Alice now. Boo. Weeee it's cool that you got the Urban Decay palette. I don't wear eyeshadow or know much about it but I know everyone wanted that palette so good job in getting one. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely Alice hauls. Absolutely Alice is such a gorgeous color:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Pretty pretty! I'm doing the same thing of spreading out my haul posts haha! I'm no longer working at the moment so no more big buys for me! ><

    ReplyDelete
  21. omg Lulu! u bought the Urban Decay AIW palette!
    so jealous of u... more swatches n EOTD pls hehe... the packaging is so cute and really really creative! :D

    ReplyDelete