Saturday, February 13, 2010

Can't resist a peachy blush!

Happy Valentine’s Day + Lunar New Year + Long Weekend!

This weekend is awesome! Not only is Sunday both Valentine’s Day and the Lunar New Year (yay year of the tiger!), and it’s a long weekend for me because Monday is President’s day! 

Some of you might know that I have decided to do a “no buy” project for the month of February because I felt like I bought too much stuff in January (still haven’t even gotten to try out some of the stuff I bought yet!), and I really don’t need any more makeup/skincare/clothes in my collection just simply because I want them (but not necessarily need). I’ve been doing great so far, and finished a few products already in the past two weeks.

But this weekend, my lovely bf told me that I am allowed to break the rule and he will buy me whatever makeup I liked for me for V-day/new year. Isn’t he the sweetest guy? So after work on Friday, I walked into a MAC store and tried out a few things I’ve been eyeing on.

The first thing that caught my attention was the Ripe Peach blush from Spring Colour Forecast collection. I have been really into peachy blushes recently. Ripe Peach is about the same size as a powder compact, much bigger than MAC’s regular blush pans. It has a cool gradient that moves from light to dark tons, with a little bit of shimmer, but not extremely noticeable. This blush color was truly love at first sight. I grabbed the last one in the store too, lucky me!

Then I went over to the All Races Ages Sexes display to check out Myself lipstick, as I heard it’s an awesome MLBB mauvy color. But unfortunately my store ran out of it already. Oh well, I suppose I don’t need another lipstick since I never have any luck finishing lipsticks anyway.

The last things I looked at are the two Viva Glam lipsticks named after Cyndi Lauper and Lady Gaga. Both are such pretty colors, but I didn’t end up getting them because Lady Gaga was really creamy and totally exaggerated the dry peeling lips I’ve been suffering this week, and Cyndi Lauper, well, I figured I just don’t need any lipsticks at this moment. Maybe I will change my mind later though! I always comes back from the store regretting things I’ve looked at but didn’t end up getting, why oh why do I do that to myself! Even the bf tells me that I should just get the things that took me more than a few minutes to admire in the store because I will definitely regret not getting them later! Oh he knows me so well!
  
So in the end, I came out of the store happily with my Ripe Peach blush and a MAC brush cleanser because my current one is almost running out. Didn’t I tell you that I have the sweetest boyfriend ever?


I also picked out two shirts from Forever 21. See a trend there? I really seem to like the ruffled bottoms :)

17 comments:

  1. happy chinese new year

    nlngstar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for all the gifts and having the sweetest bf:) We are officially ripe peach buddy hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. the shade is super pretty!!!! :) I like it and glad you got it! such a sweet bf :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your boyfriend is so nice and thoughtful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute! I wanna see the swatches :) Gosh, we've gotten into this whole orange blush phrase. Orange over pink any day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year to you hun!! :D Hope u had a fab day :)

    OMfgz I am going gaga for the blush.. i love ANYTHING dipdyed/ombre and that is the most amazing gradiated blush ever.. blimey. I love me some peaches too! I had this peach blush in a too faced II small palette and I can't find a good dupe for it.. it's beaaaautiful!! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been eye-ing that blush too!
    Happy CNY and Valentine's Day to you~ :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy new year!
    The blush looks so pretty! Now i must seek it out at MAC...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want your new blush...hehe..... & pretty ruffles...do wear it & post an OOTD.....hehe...yeah...I googled those chinese characters one by one....haha....so it's a hard work...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice picks! Would love to see a swatch of that blush! You have a very sweet bf =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i wanted that blush too! is it pigmented? just curious if it would show up on me since i have medium tone skin :)

    love the f21 goodies

    ReplyDelete
  12. the blush looks so pretty! if I didn't have tons of blushes to work through already, I'd go see if my MAC still had any in stock =P what does it look like when the colors are all mixed together?

    ReplyDelete
  13. That blush looks amazing! :D Pls show a swatch or how it looks on your cheeks :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay to ruffles! Great F21 haul, girl! =D

    If you have time, would you mind swatching that blush? TIA ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This blush is so pretty!! I haven't been able to find it anywhere... =(

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Lulu!

    Your SO is such a sweetheart to buy you your much loved makeup. :) The Ripe Peach blush ombre is gorgeous. I went to three MAC locations and they were all sold out sadly. XD You should listen to David and get Cyndi, it's sooo pretty (got it yesterday).

    Is the MAC brush cleaner better than baby shampoo?

    Love your F21 clothing haul. :)

    ReplyDelete