Friday, February 5, 2010

LUSH Comforter Bubble Bar

There is nothing more relaxing than taking a warm bubbly LUSH bath :) I never thought bubble bath would be so much fun until I got introduced to LUSH bubble bars. Before that, I only knew those liquidy bubble bath solutions that makes a moderate amount of bubbles when you pour them under running water. Half way throught the bath, most of the bubbles would vanish. But a LUSH bubble bar seriously makes tons more bubbles, and don't go away for a long time! Plus each bubble bar has a distinct yummy-smelling scent, making your bath not only fun, comfortable, but really relaxing as well.


My favorite LUSH bubble bar of all time is the Comforter bubble bar. It is a pink and white swirly bar with fruity blackcurrant scent. The website described it as "feeling like you are getting a big, yummy hug", and it really feels like that when I take a Comforter bubble bath! The bubble covered bath water retain the heat in longer, it feels so comfortable, like I've been wrapped in a warm, soft comforter! I could seriously take a nap in my tub. Plus, it makes your bath water a shade of pink, how cool is that :)

According to LUSH website, each 7 oz. bar is big enough for at least two baths. I actually find 1/4 to be sufficient for my normal sized tub. That amount produces enough bubbles to look like the bubble bath in movies. I also tried it in a jacuzzi tub in my hotel before, and look at how much bubbles I got with just 1/4 of the bubble bar! That was the most comfortable bath ever, and it makes me really want to get a big bath tub in the future! :p


If you have a jacuzzi tub or any tub w/ water jets, then turning those on would really help to produce even more bubbles. I also read somewhere that you could use a hand-held mixer to help make more bubbles in the tub, but I would rather not try that and electrocute myself because of how clumsy I am, hehehe :) Normally I just let the bar crumble under running water, and it would produce enough bubbles.

So if you've never tried LUSH products, I suggest you to give this bubble bar a try. It seriously makes your bath experience that much more fun! Speaking of which, I should go prepare a bath right now! :D Good night :)

16 comments:

  1. I love LUSH! I didn't see this at Lush when I went yesterday, but I will look into it when I go next time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comforter is my favorite too:) Yay for another update<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. believe it or not, i've never tried bubble bath. ha! I'll definitely try this if i've encountered it :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. you make me feel like getting it one now!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. eek this bar is amazing. pink bath =win. wow you have alot of bars im always scared they\ll go out of date.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i loads of people rave about this bubble bar.. i must try it i thinks lols.
    Sounds so yummy! haha

    Shan x

    ReplyDelete
  7. whoa!! that's a lot of bubbles!! ive got to get my shopaholic hands on those babies

    ReplyDelete
  8. Every time I see a picture of that bubble bar, I want to eat it. It looks like candy! LOL!

    I would love to have a huge tub like that! How relaxing!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Lulu!

    That bubble bar looks so cute, It's making me want to go to Lush right now! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooh, sounds FAB! Sadly, I seem to be sensitive to the detergent ingredients they use in the bubble bars. So sad because they're seriously like, the BEST BUBBLES EVER. ;_;

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bought the comforter this morning at NYC......I can't wait to try it....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Lulu, you have such a NICE bathtub! XD Lucky!! hahaha ;D

    ReplyDelete
  13. hmmm...I think I need to try out one of their bubble bars...I've only tried the bath bombs so far and I want some bubbles!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love lush bath stuff, and i just want to jump into that foamy bubble bath of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LMAO at the hand-held mixer tip! Ok, I lurve my bubble bath as much as the next gal but I cannot seriously be bothered using that in the tub and like you said, risk getting killed...hahaha! XP I'm a bubble bath fan so this bubble bar is def on my "to try" list now!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow the Lush comforter bubble bar sounds fantastic! It creates so many bubbles and it's great that they actually last. It's cool that one bar last 4 uses too. Thanks for the review Lulu. :)

    ReplyDelete