Monday, February 22, 2010

MAC Ripe Peach Blush Ombre

The bf, or should I call fiance now (haha still need to get some used to :p), bought me the MAC Ripe Peach Blush Ombre for Valentine's Day and I've been loving it so much. You bet it will be one of my February's favorite products!

This pretty looking blush is from MAC's Spring Colour Forecast collection. The blush ombres are larger than the normal MAC blush size, they are the size of my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish powder, or Hello Kitty beauty powders. For $25, I think it is a good value because this huge blush will last me for a long time!


Blush ombres have a gradient effect that fades from one color to another. For Ripe Peach, the top is a light peachy shade, and the color gradually darkens into a peachy pink. I fell in love with this color at the MAC counter right away, the powder feels so smooth and silky, and are pretty pigmented as well.

The top left color is swatched from the lighter colors near top of the pan, the top right color is swatched from the darker colors near bottom of the pan. The bottom color is all the colors swirled together. Pretty huh?

Ripe Peach is a peachy-orange with subtle gold sheen/shimmer when you look closely. But the shimmer is very minimal when applied, so it definitely does not make your cheek look sparkly. Instead, this color gives my cheeks are very nice glow! Not too powdery either, just a really natural, sun-kissed glow, so amazing!

Here is another swatch on my finger tips, with the blush in the background for reference. Left most color is the darker color swatch, middle is when all the colors are swirled together, and right most is the lighter color swatch.

I heard that this blush is getting sold out everywhere, I  grabbed the last one in the MAC store I went to :T But try to search for them in different MAC stores, you'll never know. If you want this, you need to go quick! Good luck :)

26 comments:

  1. Gorgeous but it seems so pigmented that I would be afraid to try it on my skin, which is kinda pale in winter ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that looks amazing! i wanted that one but they were sold out!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is the first MAC blush that I desperately been wanting & It's all sold out...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's SOOO pretty. I haven't seen it in MAC stores here in the UK yet though. We've still got all skin colours, races and whatever it is collection which I can't be bothered to go and look at...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving mine as well, been using it a few days in a row now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet fiance. [Helping you get used to it. Cause I'm pretty sure you'll be hearing/saying it more often]
    =P {*heehee}

    This blush looks amazing! I'm tempted to get it, but I just bought a NARS blush not too long ago and I don't use blush too often.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am kinda in lust over that! I just bought a Chanel blush I probably shouldn`t get another one

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this blush looks really pretty! And I love the pastel shades a lot - very unique to what I have seen yet I think. Too bad, I have ways too much blushes already! :p

    And congratulations on your engagement, Lulu!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This blush looks super pretty, I love combination colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, thank you Lulu for the swatch! I went to 3 counters and they were out. =( Will keep trying!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty color. Now you dont have to feel bad for not getting the PJ bambi blush (although the darkest orange here is really pigmented). Don't worry, LOVE, you aren't missing out on the PJ <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah, this is so, so pretty! I already have too many peachy pinks though..... lol. I think it actually looks surprisingly like LM Apricot in the swirled together pic but I might also just be making excuses to myself for not getting it LOL.

    Congrats again!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeous! i have this also, will post soon. How are youn wearing it, all swirled or with layers going down your face?
    Congrats on ur engagement!~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the awesome review and swatch pictures Lulu. I really really wanted to buy the Ripe Peach Blush Ombre but it was all sold out when I went to the MAC stores or counters. I went to four different locations. Boo me haha. It's good that you got your hands on it though, I'm sure it looks lovely on you. Congrats on your engagement again girl! (hugs)

    P.S.
    I'm coming back to Northern California around mid-March. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats and the blush looks sooooo beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ur bf is simply the sweetest and greatest!
    I'm so happy to hear that u're engaged! congrats girl =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. YOU'RE KILLING ME OVER HERE!! *keels over* xxxx ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. That blush is so versatile! It'd be great to bring on vacation or traveling! It's like 3 blushes in one man!

    ReplyDelete
  19. ugh i want this bluch so badly buht cant find it anywere :(

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you to tell us so much useful information. So nice sharing. I’m glad to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for the awesome post. Looking forward to staying current with your blog. Keep it up with your good work. I will share your blog with my friends. Thanks

    ReplyDelete