Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My name is Lulu and I love shopping!

It's haul time! Again :)

After much pondering, I finally decided to give in and purchased the La Mer the Powder. I have heard so many good things about this huge jar of loose powder. It claims to be light weight, non-cakey, and simply luxurious! And it did not disappoint! I love how light it feels on my face. I don't normally wear too much makeup to work during the weekdays, so most of the time, I just apply some concealer to cover up any blemishes I might have, and then swirl on the powder to finish. It helps to brighten up my complexion, and really makes my skin feel flawless, yet makeup free! I bought the shade in Neutral, which is a matte sheer shade. Translucent seems to be a popular choice, however it's contains fine sparkles, and I did not want to look shiny with it on.


I got my package gift-wrapped :) I wanted my La Mer purchase to be a reward for myself. I even wrote myself a card! hahaha I'm silly like that :p But it made me really happy when I saw my package :)


Inside is my huge jar of powder. Plus 3 complimentary free samples :) 


The powder comes in a huge frosted glass jar. Not the most convenient thing for traveling. But it sure makes a pretty vanity center-piece! hahaha just kidding :)


Also comes with a super soft and cute puff! But the puff is not the most sanitary option. I just use my kabuki brush to apply the powder. One jar comes with 25 grams of powder for $65. Considering how much product there is and how long this will probably last me, it is not a terrible deal at all. 


The three samples I got were the original Creme de la Mer, the moisturizing gel cream (which is a lighter formula designed for oily skin), and the moisturizing lotion. I am super excited to try out these products.

So far I have used the Creme de la Mer, it's very moisturizing, and sure feels luxurious. I noticed my acne scars on my forehead from breaking out recently have healed and faded very fast this time, not sure if it had anything to do with the cream. The cream has a powdery floral scent. I like how they came in these cutest little jars.


Thanks for Mihoko, I also got to try out some Paul and Joe products from softsurroundings.com, which offered a small selection of Paul and Joe at such affordable prices. Everything they offered were about 50% off of retail price!

 

The only Paul and Joe product I've tried so far is the Whitening Serum that I won in May's contest last year :)  I fell in love with Paul and Joe's adorable packaging ever since I laid my hands on the bottle of serum. So this was my first time trying out Paul and Joe cosmetic products. 


I picked out a bottle of eye makeup remover, a lip gloss in Gala (golden sheen with fine sparkles), an eyeshadow in Atelier (green and brown colors), and a lipstick in Muse (dark mauvy red with tiny gold sparkles). The eyeshadow pan and the lipstick tube both came in cardboard packagings with pretty designs, and the eye makeup remover bottle is frosted glass with a chrysanthemum design. Adorable!!!

 

Here is the lipstick in close up.  My camera failed to capture how pretty it is :T The lipstick has the chrysanthemum pattern carved on the sides, and the cardboard case has pretty floral design printed on it.

I am a sucker for sales. So when Hautelook was having an Urban Decay sale, I had to pick out some goodies to try out! With the $10 credit I got from opening my account, I think I only paid about $3 for both of these items, such a steal right?!


An Urban Decay brow beater eyebrow pencil. It has the pencil on one side, and a clear wax on the other, with a little brush on the cap. I don't usually do anything to my brows, but I want to start concentrating on it more. They say a pair of nice looking eyebrows frame your face and totally transforms your look right? The pencil doesn't give a lot of color payoff, and you just have to use small light strokes to fill in. But this is exactly what I wanted, because I tend to have a heavy hand with my brows and end up messing it up. The wax is very useful for the days when you just can't get your hair to stay in place! And the brush on the cap makes it travel friendly too.


The eyeshadow I picked out is called Chains. It's a dark green color. Can you tell that I've been really into green eye shadows recently!


23 comments:

  1. wow, that's called a great haul! the La Mer Powder sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely new things! You're actually right about the loose powder being not that bad a deal! 25g is HUGE! Love the P&J stuff. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow girl! you've been shopping :) I was too late in ordering from soft surroundings and most things I wanted were sold out :( I really want to try the La Mer powder now!! sounds so luxurious

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice haul.....I always want to try la mer products....and I also visited softsurrounding.com ...& I was controlling myself not to get anything....

    ReplyDelete
  5. la mer! that brand is soooo expensive! my mom bought a jar of foundation there and it cost like $100 something! @_@ crazy! but their stuff works wonder! and i really like the smell of their lotion!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOO! Nice haul! Definitely a good idea to treat yourself with nice things once in a while. Good going! xD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh! I was going to pick up some paul & joe items, but I never got around to it. Great Haul!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lulu, I love your post title! XD Eep...I smell a lemming coming on with that La Mer powder. I swear by the original CDLM. Yummy haulies...I'd love to hear your feedback on that P&J eye makeup remover. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh... what a luxurious haulie! I'd love to try the La Mer Loose Powder myself some time (for now it is not available her in Austria).

    And the P&J items are adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice haul lulu! sometimes. i also have things gift-wrapped for myself just for fun. hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to try the La Mer Loose Powder, I've seen some YT gurus using it and it looks luxurious! love all your hauls! You hauled my favorite brand P&J!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice haul you got. ^^ I want to try the La Mer Powder now. The Paul & Joe packaging is soooo cute!! I got some stuff from the Urban Decay sale from HauteLook as well hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovee your P&J haul, I wasn't fast enough to grab the stuff I wanted! :( I love La Mer skincare stuff, ahhhh <3 I love how moisturizing their stuff is! :)

    PS. New follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fantastic Haul you did there, I love everything you bought, especially the La Mer powder !!!! I wish one day I could try it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. arghh super ncie haull!!im so jealouss
    haha

    ReplyDelete
  16. great haul! i'm so envy of u!! Lamer powder.. i'm actually also still pondering if i should get it. it's so expensive! anyway, pls let us know what do you think about it yea.. n reviews for the many many other stuffs u bought! lulz

    ReplyDelete
  17. So so so jealous of the haul especially the powder :) Please follow me back? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. ahhhh!
    Paul & Joe
    I love their packaging and the lipstick is to die forrr!
    The wrapping on the La Mer is so pretty :)

    Lovee Eliza @ chocolatecoin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. looks like some very decadent treats for yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. those are some awesome items you got..very interested in the La Mer powder! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ooooh.. for some reason I never knew La Mer made cosmetic kinds of products! Do tell us how it works out for you! I'm very interested!!

    ReplyDelete