Sunday, February 21, 2010

My Secret Valentine

Thank you so much to all you sweethearts who congratulated on our engagement in my last post! It means the world to me to have such wonderful and caring friends like you! Thank you!  ♥♥♥

I participated in the Secret Valentine's Exchange event hosted by Diana and Kay. This was much like the Christmas Secret Santa gift exchange, except this time for Valentine's day. This kind of gift exchange events with other lovely blogger girls is such a great idea, and so much fun to participate in!!!

I was Eki's Secret Valentine: http://ekimura.blogspot.com/2010/02/love-packages.html :)

And my Secret Valentine is Melissa from Fabulously Thrifty! I got her festive looking red package a week earlier and we weren't allowed to open and peak inside until Valentine's Day. The wait was so painful but so worth it when I finally got to see what Melissa got me =D


Melissa really spoiled me rotten! The package was stuffed with goodies! She knows I love Korres products, and got me a set of 3 little shower gels in summer fruits scents -- guava, fig, and kumquat! I am so excited about the kumquat scent because I've never tried that before at all!  She also got me a bath set from Victoria's Secret -- a Pink To Go Travel Minis, which included a body wash, body lotion, lip butter, and a refreshing body spray. This would be a really good kit to bring along on trips.

It's like she read my mind about what I wanted. I've always wanted to get my hands on these Revlon Matte eyeshadow, she got me Rich Sable (dark brown color) and Venetian Blue (a lovely bright sky blue color). I think Rich Sable would be a great crease color for the wedding makeup that I will start practicing on since I want to use all matte colors for the eyes and cheeks :)

Also, she got me a Revlon ColorStay Lipcolor in Natural Cashmere. I've never tried a long wearing lipstick before but I know these are a great choice for weddings as well :D Along with that, she also got me the Revlon ColorStay Mineral Eye Shadow in Midnight Garnet -- very nice neutral colors for everyday wear!

Of course, Melissa wrote me a lovely Valentine's card, along with some cinnamon hearts, and two pink sparkly pencils.

Thank you Melissa for all the goodies you got me! The gift exchange was so much fun, we should all do this more often :)

 

Also, this surprise package came from Stacy from Stacieeelovesit!  This girl was so sneaky, she never told me she was sending me something! It was such a nice surprise, thank you so much sweetie :)

She got me cute heart shaped lollipops along with Valentine's cards, and a delicately wrapped gift box with chocolates inside. It was very thoughtful!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Lulu,

    What lovely presents you got from both bloggers. It would be great if you posted your practice wedding makeup here, you're going to be so pretty! I can't wait for your review on the Victoria Secret stuff. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. kumquat is a funny word. I cant say that word without a straight face. GIGGLE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lulu! What wonderful goodies you received! I bet the Korres shower gels smell uh-mazing. =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with kalmo...do post your practice wedding looks.....love lots...:D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh..secret valentines. That's so cute!! She's such a lovely girl for getting you so much stuff ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, how sweet!

    Your package is coming soon! I just have to get one last thing teeheehee. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw so sweet! Good luck practicing for your wedding!!! Maybe show us some progress along the way???? =D

    ReplyDelete