Thursday, February 4, 2010

Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Lip Gloss

Even though I've seen these colorful and flavorful tubes of lip glosses every time I step foot into a Victoria's Secret store, I have never tried one until now. While shopping at their semi-annual sale a few weeks ago, I decided to grab one to try out. I chose the flavor Bananas!. It is so yummy smelling, like banana cream pie! I was also attracted to the cool looking swirl design in the tube. The product looks beige with tiny sparkles in the tube, but it applies on very sheer, just like a clear lip gloss. It gives a great amount of shine on my lips.


While I love how sweet smelling the gloss is, I am not too fond of the sticky texture. Hair stuck on the lips is not the look to go for! I find myself pulling this product out of my purse to apply when I am sitting in the office, when I don't need to bother about how sticky my lips would be. Plus smelling the sweet yummy scent makes my mid-afternoon hunger go away, hahaha :D

The angled tip on the tube makes application very easy. And unlike the clicky-pen kind of lip glosses, you can control how much product you want to squeeze out each time.

Now that I've experienced what a VS Beauty Rush lip gloss is like, I will probably not re-purchase one for a while, as I have many other non-sticky gloss options to go to (NARS and Korres lip glosses, to name a few). But these do make great stocking stuffers or to toss into goodie bags/party favors. Who doesn't like yummy smelling lip products! I know I'm a sucker for that!

15 comments:

  1. I wanted to get these too when I was at VS, I actually looked at them for awhile but for some reason decided not to! I actually ended up getting their mixed body mist instead and they smell absolutely yummy as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a couple of these! I have the minty ones, and a couple of cherry ones as well! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lulu!

    (hugs) I miss you. We keep missing each other on gchat, I'm going to be on tonight if you want to catch up. :)

    Oh thanks for the great and detailed review. I smelled one of these lip glosses before and you're right, they smell so yummy! They make your lips look so nice and sparkly too. ^^ When you say it makes your hunger go away, it makes me think this will be an effective dieting too lol. I only apply lip gloss when I know stickiness would be a bother too! They would totally make great stocking stuffers since they go on sale a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a sucker for yummy smelling products too! XD I agree with you on the stickiness of these VS l/g's. However the thing I didn't like even more was that it barely offered any color. Is it too much to ask? Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with everything you said in this post. I bought 2 of those glosses a couple months ago. It's not that they're horrible, they're just not as great as some other brands. Everytime I see them I'm tempted to try them again since they come in so many colors! But I always stop myself now. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never tried this lipgloss, but I don't like sticky lipgloss either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey girl~ if you're not used to wearing high heels, I think you should definitely try out the boots that I have because the heal is not too high and is very wearable. I definitely can not tolerate wearing high heels so these boots are great. Look for something around 2 inches to 2.5 inches tall, thats a good height to start with.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the smell/taste of these glosses, but not the stickyness as well! I also agree the color is very sheer, but still pretty =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bought 5 of these at the end of the year, 2009, because of the great reviews I heard... hehe~ I like the smell *drool worthy*, I don't mind the stickiness, but I was disappointed how sheer it was. I was expecting a little more color... hehe~ It's all good though because it smells great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi lulu! i heard lots of ppl raving about this lip gloss too but like you, i found it too sticky when i tried it out myself! i don't like the feeling of having my lips stick to whatever food i'm eating (gross!) or when my hair flies onto my lips in the wind =S

    the little scrub works great.. it's so soft! i'm curious to see the L'oreal one too. i wanna see how it compares to the japanese one haha ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow I've heard soo many people talking about this lipgloss i wouldn't mind trying some later on :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been wanting to try those glosses for a long time now, but they aren't available here in Quebec! Nothing seems to be available in Quebec! I WANT TO LIVE IN THE STATES!! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mmm they sound yummy!! I will have to check these out sometime!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. yea i have some too and they are sticky so not so great...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never picked up any of these for the exact reason they seem to be very sticky. They're SO CUTE THOUGH LOL. I'm tempted every time I'm in VS.

    ReplyDelete