Thursday, March 4, 2010

♥ February Favorites ♥

 
In the month of February, I really enjoyed using these following products:

♥ YSL Parisienne Perfume -- fiance got this for me for Valentine's day and I've been wearing it every single day since I've received it. To me, this is the perfect scent, it's sweet, floral, and not too strong that will make me sneeze, haha. Yes, I do sneeze to a lot of perfumes that have overpowering scents, since I have very sensitive nose. The perfume is light lavender in color and the bottle looks elegant. I actually first sniffed this scent from a Cosmo magazine insert that Edna told me about, and I fell in love with the scent right away. I guess those magazine inserts and samples sometimes do work! :)

Skin MD Natural Shielding Lotion -- I am sure many of you have heard of this product by now from various bloggers who have received it and reviewed it. I was one of the lucky ones to have also been contacted by the company and was sent a bottle to try out. But this bottle that I am currently using was actually sent to me by a wonderful friend and fellow beauty blogger Audrey. Earlier last month, I was complaining to her about my eczema troubled hand, and she told me that she's sending me a bottle of the Skin MD shielding lotion to try out. I've been carrying this bottle with me everywhere I go, and religiously applying it to my hand every time I wash my hands, when my skin feels dry, and before I go to bed. I was so pleasantly surprised to see that it really helped my skin! I am not going to show you gross before and after pictures, because I didn't want to take a before picture of my dry, scaling patch that had bothered me for months during the winter, but I am so glad that my hand is back to looking normal now! The area is still feeling sensitive sometimes as it is still healing, but I just apply my shielding lotion, so it can help to calm down my skin, and lock in the moisture. It did not cause any irritation to my wounds at all. Thank you so much Audrey for giving me this life saver! I have yet to try this product on my face, I think it will feel great because it doesn't go on greasy and absorbs very quickly. I will definitely repurchase this product again and again after I run out.

♥ Kose Clearturn White Essence Mask -- These sheet masks came with 22 pieces per box. Unlike other individually wrapped sheet masks, these are all folded up and soaked in essence in one plastic container, you can take them out to use one by one through the resealable opening on top. Compared to individually wrapped sheet masks, these are a much more economical option if you want a quick mask session daily, since they are only around $9 from sasa.com. They are suppose to work as a quick 5 minute treatment. I usually use them after I take off my makeup and cleanse my face at the end of the day to help me to relax. Sometimes I even put one on right out of the shower while applying moisturizer to my body. They work pretty well as a quick daily treatment. I will post a full review on this product later :)

Clarins Sun Wrinkle Control Eye Contour Care SPF 30 -- Since I ran out of my Shiseido SPF eye cream, this Clarins one was my backup. Putting sunscreen on my face is an essential step in my morning skincare routine. The eye area should not be neglected as well. Compared to the Shiseido one (which I mentioned in my Monthly Favorite post here), this one does the job pretty well too. It does not sting my eye area, doesn't not feel dry or sticky, and are easily absorbed. 

♥ Ole Henriksen Fresh Start Eye Creme -- I really love this eye cream. It comes in a very sturdy glass jar. It looks thick and creamy in the jar, but once applied, it's smooth, absorbs easily, and feels non-greasy and moisturizing. I use a tiny spatula to scoop out the product for sanitary reasons.

♥ MAC Ripe Peach Blush Ombre -- Need I say more? My absolute favorite blush color to wear at the moment. Creates the perfect peachy glow on my cheeks. Even when I didn't have time to put on a full face of makeup in the mornings (which are most of the mornings during the weekdays haha), I'd make sure I sweep some Ripe Peach on my cheeks so I can look fresh and awake. Read Me. :)

18 comments:

  1. Thank you for the reviews! I have a sample of the Skin MD lotion, but I have yet to open it up and try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww, cute favorites! The YSL perfume sounds so pretty! It's so cute of your DF to get it for you. :D

    Sounds like a lot of skincare favorites for February. I love the sound of the OH eye cream... their toner is HG for me, so I think I'm gonna check this out. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah nice favorites! i really like the MAC blush but i don't think i'll get it. i got a lot of js mix blush already but it just looks really nice so i may change mind. and you forgot about your kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried that YSL parisienne the last time I went to Ulta...& It really smell so good...
    I use the skin MD on my face sometimes....hehe...that's how desperate I am for more moisture.....and ughh...those ripe peach...hehe...great list..

    ReplyDelete
  5. That ripe peach ombre is like sold out everywhere I heard? I don't know if that's the blush but I heard so many raves about it =) I also wanna try that Skin MD lotion :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. a lot of people is loving that ripe peach ombre blush!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely favorites, Lulu! Wow, YSL Parisienne smells so luxurious! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. And mommy and baby HK too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seems like everyone have trie Skin MD. makes me want to try it too :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like Clarins products, they're generally good !

    ReplyDelete
  11. you are very welcome! now if i could just get my hands on that ripe peach blush. Oh why didn't I get it when I went to the launch party? WHY!?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. awww SPF eye cream!
    Everyone love that MAC blush!hehe

    ReplyDelete
  13. i'm loving my ripe peach as well! the eye cream sounds interesting, i'm such an eye cream whore! lol but i should really use up the one i have first :/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay to monthly favorites posts! Love reading 'em. =D Can't wait to read your review on the Kose Clearturn White Essence Mask. I'm always eyeing these babies...hehe.

    Thanks for joining my giveaway, Lulu! Good luck, girlie and hope your weekend is going well too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh thanks for sharing your list! I love these kinds of posts!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all your favorites:) I will try the Clarins eye sunscreen next (2011 haha).

    ReplyDelete