Saturday, March 13, 2010

Finished products in February -- Bath & Body edition

Today I am starting a series of blog posts that I will do every month, to talk about some of the products I've finished within the past month. I will discuss each of them briefly, tell you whether or not I enjoyed using it, and my thoughts on each products.

We'll kick off the project today with bath and body products I've finished in the month of February.


LUSH Smitten hand cream -- This is a really moisturizing hand cream with a sweet almond milk scent, almost similar to one of my favorite LUSH soaps - snowcake! I am personally not a huge fan of hand creams that make my hands feel greasy and slippery, so I use this cream at night before I sleep -- massage a thick layer on my hands and cuticles, sometimes even elbows. The sweet yummy scent puts me in a good mood before bed time. My only complaint is the pump bottle stopped pumping out products when there were about 1/3 of products left. No biggie though, I just stored the bottle upside down and unscrewed the cap each time to dump some products on my hands. LUSH does sell this hand cream in a jar too, which will make using it a bit easier (although not as sanitary).


Shiseido Sun Protection Eye Cream Sunscreen SPF 32 PA+++ -- I talked about this product in last year's June Favorites. Even though it's a tiny tube, it's lasted me quite a long time. I started using it at the beginning of last year, and I've been using it daily! Sun protection is also important around the delicate eye area. I like this product because it is sensitive enough to use around the eyes without causing any sort of irritation, yet it has a pretty high level of SPF. I will definitely keep purchasing this product.


Victoria's Secret Hydrating Body Lotion in Pure Seduction -- Pure Seduction is one of my favorite scents from the VS's Secret Garden collection. This body lotion is not too bad, it does its job and is fairly moisturizing. But I definitely prefer the body butters much much more -- the body butters are so much easier to rub in and not as greasy feeling.


Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew Daily Anti-Fatigue Eye Cream --  this is a light weight eye cream that's good for day time use, or as a first layer in my night time routine. It absorbs easily, and doesn't cause irritation. However, I didn't really seen any improvements around my eye area after using this product, my dark circles were still there, obviously. I think this eye cream is adequate to help prevent the problems from getting worse, but it is not easy to get rid of existing eye area problems. I believe that getting enough rest every night will solve my dark circle problems, but I've been a night owl for years :T My goal this month is to try to go to bed early so I will be most rested and energetic the next day!


Paul & Joe Whitening Serum -- This stuff is so wonderful! After using this persistently for months, I really do feel like it did a great job at brightening up my complexion. It also helped to diminish the dark spots left form pimples quite a bit. It has a yummy orange cream scent, and is very light in texture, a few pat in the cheeks and it's all fully absorbed into my skin. The packaging is also super sturdy and the flower details near the pump is so pretty! Usually when I use a product in pump bottle, it is always hard to suck up the last bits of products. I thought the same thing was going to happen for this bottle, but amazingly the pump was effective enough to pump out all the products to the last drop! I would definitely keep purchasing this product. But first, I want to go to The Face Shop tomorrow and get the Spot Eraser that many blogger ladies have been loving and try that out :)


LUSH Silky Underwear Dusting Powder --  When dusted lightly over my arms, it served as a light weight moisturizer for the summer that also helped to keep me dry and smell nice :) This product is especially useful when used in conjunction with LUSH massage bars, because dusting this on top of just moisturized skin will get rid of the greasy feeling and keep your skin matte. I also used it often when I suffered from eczema around my arms and legs, it helped to reduce the abrasion my sensitive skin would suffer from when rubbed against clothing.


CVS Daily Facial Cleanser -- This cleanser from CVS is compared to Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser, at half of the price. I love using Cetaphil to wash my face in the morning, it is extra gentle and makes my skin feel soft and moisturized. Now that I am adding Clarisonic brush into my face washing routine, I love Cetaphil cleanser even more because it doesn't foam up, so it is not as messy to use as foamy cleansers that can easily get into my mouth and eyes as I am using Clarisonic over the sink. This is a product that I will keep buying, Cetaphil brand or generic brands alike. I don't really have a preference over one or another.


Kuan Yuan Liang Green Bean Cleanser -- This is a refill pack that I purchased from sasa.com. This cleanser is a multi-use product that could be a face wash, a mask when packed on thickly, or a gentle facial scrub. I always use this product in the shower to avoid the mess because it is a powdery product. I dump a good amount of powder in the palm of my hand and slowly add drops of water to create a paste-like mixture and apply it on my face as a mask for a few minutes while I am washing my body, shaving, or exfoliating my body. Then I'd gently scrub my face with the products before rinse off. It made my face feel really clean and refreshed afterwards.


Union Street Soapworks The Healing Bar -- Diana sent this soap to me for Christmas and told me that it had helped to relieve eczema flare-ups. Look at all the rich and moisturizing ingredients in this soap: olive, coconut, emu, avocado, castor, and wheat germ oils; shea butter; lavender, rosemary and tea tree essential oils! I have found this soap to be very soothing to the skin. It foams up nicely, and smells really great as well!


Clarisonic Gentle Hydro Cleanser --  This cleanser is perfect to be used with Clarisonic brush. It is gentle and non-foamy, and does make my face feel very clean afterward. It is also easy to rinse off, which is important for a face wash that I use over the sink instead of shower.  However I found the scent to be a bit weird and hard to get used to, is it suppose to smell like green tea? or...fake cucumbers?? *shrugs*


✔ The Face Shop Fruit Bowl Hand Cream in Apple -- How can you not love this hand cream that's in a cute apple shaped container? Best yet, it smells like apple as well :) It makes me happy every time I use it. The cream itself is not too greasy and is easy to rub in.

I hope you enjoyed reading about the bath and body products I've finished in the past month. Next up, I will talk about makeup, hair and nail products I've finished in the the month of February. Stay tuned! :)

11 comments:

  1. WOW Lulu! Great job!! I feel like I should start doing this too - it'll help me get on track with using up products or finally tossing them (I still have empty shampoo and conditioner bottles in the shower from like, two months ago LOL...) instead of buying more stuff. Also, I never thought about dusting powder that way!! My legs sometimes get *really* irritated in the winter time when they're really dry when I wear jeans (I have dermatographia, worse than SO and his mom, but not as bad as his little brother's) and I never thought to use a dusting powder on them! (And I even have a dusting powder lol!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading this...I so agree on u with body butters I much prefer it than lotions...and I want to try the Lush dusting powder....what is exactly that for?but i think I need it.. I get redness all the time esp. with clothes & jewelries...and I'm so intrigue with that green bean powder..can you recommend it to dry skin??

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice post LuLu. how does the pj serum compared to the dior whitening serum. i'm looking for something that works better than dior. and thanks for showing the lush dusting powder. i really need to get it for my daughter

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww, those stuff are wonders. I have not try silky underwear yet but I'm very tempting to buy one after reading the review in your post

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you've done such a great job! I'm still working on my project 10/15/20/whatever pan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! you finish so many products! amazing lol 2 hand creams in 1 month?
    The PJ whitening serum i am on my 3rd bottle, cannot live w/o it lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have finished so much stuffs already while i haven't :D i want to try The Face Shop spot eraser you're talking about too but it's hard to find here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so proud of you!! You finished soooo many products!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, you made quite the dent in using up some of your products! I think TFS spot eraser works better than the P&J whitening serum (at least for me) - I know my scars/pigmentation spots take longer than most to totally go away, but using the spot eraser seems to work faster than the serum did when I used it - hope it works for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous idea to feature a finished products post monthly, Lulu! =D I have yet to try P&J whitening serum, can you believe it? I feel like every blogger's tried this but me...hehe. And wah...how much cuter can that Face Shop hand cream look?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow you did a great job in finishing so many bath and body products last month! Keep up the good work. ^^ It makes me feel satisfied when I hit pan on products too.

    ReplyDelete