Monday, March 15, 2010

Finished Products in February -- Makeup edition

Here are the makeup (and makeup related) products I've finished in the month of February and my thoughts on them:


Daiso Desktop Oil Absorbing Paper --  I bought this for my office. I can't go a day without blotting my oily T-zone and having a box sitting on my desk will remind me to do so. It does the job all right. It is a really good deal at $1.50 for 250 sheets. Although I tend to use multiple sheets each time. The paper is soft and thin, which also makes picking just a single sheet out every time a bit difficult, since it is not a pop up design like the Clean & Clear oil absorbing sheets. For a more detailed review of some of the oil absorbing sheets I've tried, please read my post HERE.


✔CoverGirl LashBlast Volume Blasting Mascara -- This is a great inexpensive drugstore mascara that really helps to lengthen and volumize my lashes. The rubber wand is scarily huge at first, and I thought it would be a messy application. But surprisingly, besides skipping out on the tiny lashes at the hard to reach corners of my eyes, the mascara wand applies mascara at where it's suppose to be. It is not flaky and stays on lashes pretty well.

  
✔Stila Multi-effect Mascara -- I really wanted to like this mascara because its curved brush tip is really easy to use. But the formula in the tube is on the dry and flaky side. Amazingly it's not really flaky when applied to lashes. However it didn't do much for my lashes.


✔ Kirkland Brand Premium Unscent Baby Wipes  -- Yup you read that right. Baby wipes! It is unscented, so no baby powder smell that will remind you of...babies, hahaha :p Believe it or not, it's actually a great wipe for removing makeup quickly and gently, or just as a refreshing wipe on a hot and humid day. I use it often when I am testing out different products on my hands or trying out lipsticks. It also works as a quick and convenient makeup brush cleaner in between washes.

9 comments:

  1. I use baby wipes to remove my makeup :) they are so gentle on the skin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been using the face shop wipes to remove my makeup...but it's kinda difficult to look for it...so I would surely use baby wipes next..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on finishing those up =D

    I LOVE CoverGirl LashBlast Mascara!

    I use baby wipes to quickly wash my face in the morning when I'm in a hurry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! time to get some new stuff haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for sharing your finished products :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanted to use baby wipes to remove my makeup too, but was afraid if it's too harsh for my face. but now i decide to try it :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use baby wipes too but only to clean up messes in my car...lol. Thanks for the beauty tip, Lulu! =D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hehehe, wow!!!! I am really impressed! I really need to do a used-up post for next month... but I don't think I'd have 3 posts worth of stuff lol. I actually can't even remember what I have used up since the beginning of the month... =x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! I like kirkland baby wipes too:) I takes it from my friend's house hehhe

    ReplyDelete