Thursday, March 18, 2010

Haul: Nail Polishes

I made a big nail polish haul with May through Victoria Nail Supply a little while ago. This was my first time purchasing nail polishes from an online seller, and my experience was pretty great! Victoria Nail Supply offers nail polishes in many brands, such as OPI, Essie, Orly, China Glaze, to name a few. They have a pretty wide range of selection, and even have the latest collections from each brands in stock. Best of all, their prices are very affordable. For example, each OPI nail polish sells for about $8.50 normally, but on Victoria Nail Supply, each bottle is roughly $4.75. However, do keep in mind that they charge shipping according to weight, and nail polishes are not the lightest thing in the world to ship around the country for. Together, May and I bought 18 bottles of nail polishes, and I believe shipping was around $12. But even with the shipping cost factored in, the nail polishes are still of a great value.


I purchased 4 polishes from China Glaze: Something Sweet and Lemon Fizz from their Spring 2010 Up & Away collection. Mr & Mrs, and Bad Kitty.

Something Sweet and Lemon Fizz are such cute pastel colors for the spring. To be honest, I loved almost all the colors in the Up & Away collection, the pastels are just so eye-catching and pretty! But I had to make choices, otherwise my order would have been twice as much :p

Here is Something Sweet on my nails:


I also did a black crown Konad on top of Lemon Fizz the other day while playing around, I also tried out rhinestones on my nails for the first time, inspired by Cat.


Bad Kitty is a pretty bright pink with chunky glitters:


I also wanted something from the OPI Hong Kong collection:


From left to right, in Jade is the New Black, Suzi Says Feng Shui, and Meet Me On The Star Ferry.

Here is another of my Konad-icure with Suzi Says Feng Shui as the base color:


Meet Me On The Star Ferry on my nails:


There are more! I also bought Essie's Mint Candy Apple, Orly Snow Cone, Orly Bonder Rubberized Basecoat, which I heard is a great basecoat that keeps nail polishes on longer, and Seche Vite. I can never find Seche Vite in my local Ulta since it's always sold out. Since many people about this so much, I wanted to see how I like it. I have to say, I am impressed! It drys super fast, and leaves my nails really shiny. It's suppose to make nail polishes last longer as well, but since I am always changing my polish, I have yet to test that out. I never have enough patience to let my polishes dry after doing my manicure, and often times my nail polishes would get smudged before they were completely dry. Seche Vite is a life saver! Within a few minutes after applying this top coat on, my polishes were pretty much dry to the touch, and I could go on with my life. I am sold on this product!

17 comments:

  1. Bad Kitty is my total lemming color... I love your Konadicures! So cute, I have a thing for crowns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa baby! you made quite a haul! haha im very jealous of your konad skills. why can't i master it!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome haul! that crown konad is really cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. the china glaze up & away line has really pretty colors...as well as the orly ones....I always try to control myself with those line...and I'm wearing mint candy apple right now...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooooh, lovely colors! I'm planning on making an etailer haul soon... I want more of the OPI DS series!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay lots of nail polishes ^^ love the yellow one with cute nail art

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Seche Vite too. I get mine at Sally's in case you need to buy a backup in the future. I checked out the OPI HK collection at Ulta and came away empty-handed as the colors didn't seem to look right on me. However your pic of "Meet Me On The Star Ferry" gives me a tinge of regret now...haha. Lovely lovely polish haul and oh my I feel like I might need me some Konad too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. your nail look so cute especially the yellow color with crown on it. the 1st pinkish purple color is lovely too <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I pretty much ENVY your nail polish supply! I really need to get Konad... I really want to put bows on my nails and maybe do it for my wedding.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice haul! i'm loving lemon fizz, it's such a bright and fun color :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi lulu nice name
    wata beautiful nail paints i like all of the

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your nails! They look so nice!

    BTW, just wondering, if you wanted to meet up? I'm going to be in the San Francisco area during April 1st to the 4th! :D Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  13. cute nail haul! I think singly handedly in this haul you have exceeded the number of nail polish I own LOL! The crown is cuttee

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely nail polishes you got! You have a really pretty colorful collection! My nail polish collection is kinda boring, since I always stay to pretty much the same shades most of the time, hehe...

    My favorite on you isMeet Me On the Star Ferry. Very unique, since I haven't seen a shade like this before.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great nail polish haul Lulu. The yellow nails with the crown konad is super cute. Yeah, I wish nail suppliers used a flat rate shipping box instead of doing it by weight, still a good deal like you said though! Seche Vite is awesome! Mine is getting too thick and now I need thinner though...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great nail polish haul - now you've got me interested in the OPI Hong Kong collection, in particular the Jade is the new Black and Suzi Says Feng Shui. The China Glaze Lemon Fizz looks like a perfect colour for spring/summer - so cute!

    ReplyDelete