Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Say I Do on O'ahu

Tonight, fiance and I went to a special event hosted by theknot.com in Palo Alto. I only recently discovered theknot.com, thanks to Edna :) This website is THE place to go for wedding planning! They have tons of info on just about anything and everything related to wedding.


Now that we are engaged, we have come to realize that some serious wedding planning needs to go underway as soon as possible for our September wedding! It is March already, September is only 6 months away! That's scary! The good news is, the venue that we are interested in having our ceremony and reception at finally contacted me back today, and we are meeting with the planner this Sunday to discuss our wedding plans in details. We are so excited! I still cannot believe all of these are happening, and happening so fast!


This "Say I Do on O'ahu" event is an information session that offers people inspirations, ideas, and advice to those that want to either get married in Hawaii or have honeymoons there. Fiance and I are planning on getting married in the Bay Area since most of our friends and relatives are near here. But we have been considering going to Hawaii for honeymoon. So this event was perfect for us.


At the event we tasted yummy island themed wedding cakes (in coconut -- my favorite!, and passion fruit), drank bubbly champagne and Mai-Tai, watched makeup demonstrations, and ate yummy Hawaiian inspired hors d'œuvre. At the end of the event, there was even a prize drawing for hotel stays and airline tickets to O'ahu! Too bad we didn't win :p Congrats to the lucky couple who did!

 

  

  

  

 
They also gave us a ton of information brochures, coupons, and Hawaiian related souvenirs to take home! Along with the knot Northern California magazine, which was so timely because I was just browsing their website earlier today and thinking about purchasing! :)

11 comments:

  1. I would love to go to Hawaii for my future honeymoon! My boyfriend's family is mostly over there. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow.... congrats on the upcoming wedding

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's definitely awesome to have your honeymoon in Hawaii! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited for you too! Looks like a really interesting and helpful evening! September eh? I'm sure it'll come really quickly actually! And a honeymoon in Hawaii sounds lovely!

    By the way, is it rude to as how old you are? I'm hoping I can get married when I'm around 25 (i.e. when I've graduated and actually a doctor) but I guess I can't exactly make things happen by myself! xD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww, how fun!!! OMG. I'm so excited to see all your wedding preparations and stuffs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow super lucky girl~! everything looks great there. good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A Hawaiian honeymoon would be wonderful! And the coconut cake sounds yummy, a nice break from boring lemon or vanilla!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, yes, yes...cake testing is the best part! XD What a fun event, Lulu! A honeymoon in Hawaii sounds so dreamy...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wedding planning is such a big task! I have friends who take 1-2 years to get everything together, but of course it's all worth it in the end. I think what I look forward to the most if I ever get married is picking out the cake and doing cake tastings lol i'm such a pig

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh so exciting! Thanks for sharing your experience!! I saw that magazine on the stands and thought of you haha!

    ReplyDelete