Friday, March 5, 2010

Trying out Konad

It is finally about time that I jumped on the Konad band wagon! I've been so curious about this cool nail stencil tool, but never had a chance to do research about where to purchase one, until I found out about wowsocool.com. They offer a variety range of Konad image plates, nail polishes, and kits that you can choose from. Best of all, their shipping is very inexpensive, and it's free shipping on orders $20 and above.

Wowsocool.com is really WOW so cooool!!! I ordered on a Friday afternoon and they processed and shipped my order that VERY evening. By Monday my package arrived at my front porch! I am extremely satisfied with their customer service, and would definitely buy from them again soon!


I purchased a basic kit that came with a mini special white nail polish (its consistency is thicker than normal nail polishes, and is suitable for Konad stamping purposes), a scraper, one image place, and a rubber stamper = all the essentials to get you started. I also ordered another image plate, mainly because of the bow tie design in the middle. I have a thing for bows and crowns for sure! I also ordered a few nail art stickers. I figured, hey, if Konad-icure doesn't work out, at least I have some cute stickers to play with! hahaha :)



Turns out I won't need those stickers after all. Konad stamping is fairly easy to master, and I am loving the result! Not bad for first try eh? I am using OPI Bright Lights - Big Color as the base color.

 

 

31 comments:

  1. Cute bows! Good to know it isn't that hard. I just ordered from the site a couple days ago, I hope it arrives soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i seem to almost always mess it up so i gave up on konad..LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got my Konad plates too. Unfortunately, I can only play with them on nail tips, since my nails are already done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww, I totally wanted to get soemthing before jen's coupon for 30% expires but I can;t and it sucks too bc I am CRAZY over nails right now!! I am in love with that color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay i have that exact plate haha i really had fun when i first got mine but now i'm too busy to play with it. anyway it looks cute on you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your nails look amazing! I love bows too. I made an order from wowsocool.com a day or to ago as well. You're just a natural at Konad aren't you?
    I recently got a Konad kit but I suck at it. {*LOL} The stamp doesn't show up completely. I tried it on one hand and all of them were partials except one. haha. Fail for me.

    Do you have any tips? =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous! love the nail polish base too1

    ReplyDelete
  8. really cute... you are so good in using it! so pro!

    ReplyDelete
  9. awww...I've visited that site twice this week & been eyeing those plates...but decided against it cuz' you know...moving....but I like the M03 & M59 so much...

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a success :p I've never tried stamping because I'm lazy but it's so pretty that I might try it out !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow well done on your first try, they look sooo cute!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wowwwww adorable!! I wish I had some of those stamps and stickers~!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oOo super cute, I can't wait to see what else you do

    ReplyDelete
  14. very cute bow manicure :) maybe i'll unbox my mini kit this weekend and try using the konad stamps when i paint my nails!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks great!! Your first time was that easy?! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. your nails are so adorable!! now it makes me want to try it out too since you make it sound so easy

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG those are the cutest designs!! i must practice more so mine will look good as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great choice in plate! I love the design! I too love bows hehehe.
    Great that you found good website with great customer service.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very cute and nicely done<3

    ReplyDelete
  20. I want to try Konad too! it looks so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh my gosh I love that!!!! I love bows and that is extremely cute, and I think it would look fabulous on my wedding nails . I must find that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. P.S Thanks for joining my giveaway, Lulu! Hope you had a good weekend. =D

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMG this bow is so cute!! I always hear so many mixed things about using the konad..I think I need to buy this & test it out myself. =)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats on your engagement! :D and yes please nothing better than motivation, losing weight and staying on track is not easy!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hey, you first! :P I bought LUSH Snow Fairy after reading your post, remember? Hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  26. so cute! your nails turned out great! would never have guessed this is only your first time. i still have trouble with mine, i'm such a noob LOL :P

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. I hope the TM works for me too b/c I've yet to find one that does. =\ I have finished lipglosses before but it takes f-o-r-e-v-e-r!!

    ReplyDelete