Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Accessorize Earrings

Today I will show you my little DIY project that I did over the weekend, to accessorize a plain ol' pair of hoop earrings. I have a few pairs of hoop earrings at home that have been sitting in my drawer for a long time. So I decided to take them out, accessorize them and show them more love.

(1) All you need is a pair of simple hoop earrings:

(2) Gather up whatever charms that you like, attach jewelry findings on them if needed, and decide on an order as to which charm will show up in the front.


For me, I chose some pink pearls, a bird charm, key charm, golden leaf, "love" charm, and a bow charm.

(3) Loop the charms through the earring, and ta-da!


From the front, the key charm is the first thing you see:


Now my new earrings are cuter and just the way I like it. Pretty simple project, no? Hope you liked it!

17 comments:

  1. How creative! Thats why LULU wants to goto Michaels!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow I really love the charms you chose. they complement each other perfectly, and now you've made those hoops so unique! pretty :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg these are super cool and totally cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww...cute....what a great idea...I like that you put pearls on it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice!! I really want to do that too :D Seems simple enough :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This is fantastic. I never thought of this simple trick : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing this idea! the earrings look much cuter now :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea, I have some earrings like these that I bought, I never thought of making some myself, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the pink pearls with the silver charms - looks really cute and dainty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will definitely be more careful while driving! Thanks, babe. =) Hiring an attorney is unfortunately not cheap but when I weighed it against the possibility of my insurance doubling and having the incident on my record for 10 years, it was the better and less costly option.

    You, my dear are a genius. These earrings are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness This is a really great idea I'm definitely gonna try this out!

    ReplyDelete