Monday, April 5, 2010

Finished Products in March

Before I start, I want to say Happy Birthday to Cat!!!  I am so thankful to have gotten to know you through Blogger, and thanks so much for being an awesome friend!

Today I will talk about the skincare products I've finished in March. I did not finish any makeup items during last month. Is it me or is it impossible to hit pan on makeup products!

✔ Kanebo Kracie Naive Deep Cleansing Oil (Olive) -- This was an essential step in my everyday makeup removing routine for the past year or so, yes, that's how long this (what looks like a tiny) bottle lasted me. You only need a few drops each time. This cleansing oil is to be applied to dry skin, I'd rub the product all over my face in circular motions, and pay special attention to the corners around my nose, the jaw line, hairline and eyelids to make sure all the makeup on my face are dissolved. Afterward, I'd head to the sink, wet my hands so water will activate and emulsify the oil into a milky white product, at this time I'd know that my makeup are all dissolved away. Simply rinse my face with water and it'd feel so clean and fresh afterwards! Just to make sure there's no more residue left on my face, I would follow up with a facial cleanser + Clarisonic brush so my face is squeaky clean and ready for the evening at home and a good night's sleep! Some people might think oil cleanser will make oily skinned people more oily and prone to break outs, this was exactly what I thought before I started using cleaning oils, and found out that this is not true. In fact it makes my skin feel more cleansed and I have never broken out from using this product at all. Diana did an excellent review of the Orange version of the cleanser here. She also loves the Olive one just like I do :) I love this product so much that I have already purchased two more bottles (an orange one to try and an olive one) as back up!

✔ Walgreens Nature's Finest Alpha Hydroxy Face Cream -- I bought this cream for its original purpose, to be used on my face, as I heard this is an excellent face exfoliator that acts like a chemical peel to get rid of dull skin on the face for a smooth even tone. This was a huge jar and I was not seeing the end of it for months and months (you only need a little bit every time on face), so I started using it on my elbows, knees and back or anywhere on my body that needs an extra boost to get rid of dead skin cells that would make your skin rough. Now that I am done with the jar, I am not sure if I would repurchase. I didn't particularly enjoy using it on my face as it felt a bit harsh and possibly made me break out from it. On my body it was fine and my skin had no adverse reaction to it, however there are many other good ways to exfoliate the body with, my favorite being LUSH Buffy the Backside Slayer.

✔Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief gel moisturizer -- This light moisturizer is perfect for oily/combination skin because it's just the perfect amount of moisture without making the face feel too heavy/greasy. It could even be used as a quick 5-min moisture mask to rescue super dehydrated skin sometimes. I am a huge fan of moisturizers with gel consistency, so this is a perfect product for me (along with Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel)

✔ Suzuran Attirer Puff cotton pads -- This is my all time favorite cotton pads, I use it for removing makeup, nail polish, put on toner and many more. It's thin, soft yet absorbent, plus lint-free so no annoying traces of cotton on your face. Best of all, it is really inexpensive as 240 pieces is only around $2 on sasa.com. For more information on this product, please read my more in-depth review here.

✔ Vanicream Moisturizing Skin Cream -- I finally finished this product, it was a huge tub and came with 1 lb of body cream!!! While this scent free, sensitive skin friendly cream was so soothing and helpful when my skin was at its worst with eczema flare-ups (dry, itchy and rashy skin is no fun!), its formula does feel a bit too heavy on normal skin and during the warmer weather. All in all, an excellent choice for dry, sensitive skin for sure, and I will make sure to stock one up in case of any skin trouble next winter (but hopefully never again, eczema is so much pain to deal with and my skin is still suffering from it now -- scars left from me unconsciously scratching during my sleep, and a dry patch on the back of my hand that constantly comes back to bug me every once in a while).

✔ Skin Appetit Nutri-Collagen Daily Moisturizer SPF 15 -- I've been using this as my SPF for indoor days for a while now and just finally finished it. It claims to have a ton of nutritious ingredients that will give skin  its youthful appearance, but the smell of the cream is just not pleasant at all. The formula is also on a greasy side, so I did not appreciate how it made my face oily even before I put on any makeup in the morning. I will not re-purchase this product, especially since I still have other SPF products to try out soon!

✔ Everyday Minerals blotting paper -- Not my favorite blotting sheets as these are very thin and rips easily. Speaking of blotting sheets, have you read my blogging sheets review?

✔ Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15 -- This is definitely my HG lip balm while it lasted. Would I repurchase? Probably not for a while, unless if I find a good combo-pack deal or with Sephora sales again, as it is pricey for a lipbalm at $22.5 a piece. After the lip balm leveled up with the plastic base it sits in, I noticed that I could keep scooping the product out from its base with a tiny spatula, and so I did because I did not want to part with my lip balm yet. To my surprise, I was able to dig quite deep until the product completely ran out.

✔ Ole Henriksen African Red Tea Self Heating Body Soufflé -- I really enjoyed using this body cream. After working out at night and right out of the shower, I'd apply this on my legs, arms and back, it felt like an instant spa experience as the product warms up a bit on my skin, to sooth my tired body. Plus it is moisturizing to the skin as well.

✔ Aveeno Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer SPF 15 -- Aveeno has great and inexpensive face and body products that are all very suitable for sensitive skin. I started using Aveeno products ever since high school. This moisturizer contains SPF, so it is great for the morning before heading out.

✔ Equate Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover -- This is the Walmart store brand that compares to the original Neutrogena Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover -- my all time favorite product when it comes to remove eye makeup, as it removed all kinds of tough to remove products with ease! Walmart, Target, CVS and a bunch of drugstores all have their own store version of this product, and usually sells for a few bucks cheaper than the Neutrogena one. But they all work equally as well.

23 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing lulu! I was always curious about the cleansing oil & wanted to try them but I was afraid that it would make my combo skin oilier. Thanks for the clarification & I admit that eczema is a pain to deal with too!! =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. please do a detailed review on the Moisture Surge if possible. it looks promising to me ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually hit pan on a few eyeshadow, but it's because I use them nearly everyday :p But blushes seem to never end !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you!! It does feel like it's impossible to hit pan on beauty products. All the products I've been able to finish are hair products and skincare products. Well.. I did finish my BareMinerals foundation. That's about it.

    Do you think Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief gel moisturizer is going to be too heavy for the summer time? I need a new night time moisturizer. I just sent you an email and I 4got to ask what products would you recommend from Clinique. I want the GTP!!


    <3 Serena.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you finished a lot of products Lulu! The Vanicream sounds really great. Where do you buy yours?

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, you were able to finish lots of product. :)
    Thanks for sharing lulu.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's a lot I haven't finished any in a year...hehe...what sunblock do you use on your face when you stay outdoors for long hours??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwww, ty!!! ♥

    I am so, so impressed Lulu!! I am so lazy with my moisturizers, etc so I don't think I'll ever finish anything LOL.

    I have to try out that olive cleansing oil now. Sounds really nice! And OMG I so need lint free cotton pads!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow you finished a lot of products in the month of March *shocked*!... hehe~ I can't seem to finish much especially makeup. You are right I never hit pan... lol~

    ReplyDelete
  10. hie dear, work's making me stucked in my own world and gave me no time to hop around blogs... saw ur post on LasVegas. WoW~~ that must have been really awesome and you bought alot of stuffs! hahahha how i wished to go for a holiday too... anyway, i find ur reviews here very very helpful and u got me wanting to try them..
    take care! *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good job on finishing this much of products! I'm curious about the Kanebo cleansing oil too after reading Diana's review. Hopefully I can find one on my trip :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Aveeno... they are sooo nice. I'm currently using the Aveeno Baby sunblock SPF55, it works remarkable, non sticky but moisturizing...

    ReplyDelete
  13. WHOA!!! YOU CHANGED YOUR LAYOUT!! so colorful, so cute, so pretty...
    Just had to comment. =P


    <3 Serena.

    ReplyDelete
  14. that's quite a lot of things you've finished...usually takes me so long to finish one thing, even if it's down to almost the very bottom.
    i'm using the same cleansing oil too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey girl! I love Aveeno also; as for the Alpha Hydroxy Acid have you ever tried Alpha Hydrox? They sell it at Ulta in a red box on the mass side and it works wonderfully! I like the Souffle one the best. Just found your blog but I love it!!!

    Make sure you check out my giveaway! Its all NYX stuff and you get to chose the colors! :D

    Hope your having a great week so far!
    Ashley
    awfulbeautifuldisarray.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Whoa! Love your new blog layout, Lulu! Totally gets me in the mood for Spring. =D

    Yep! Been using the P&J lip treatment ever since I got it. Though it looks pigmented, it's clear. =\ Haha...you are too cute! I am usually like that too. That is, I won't use stuff b/c it's too pretty! In this case, I forced myself to...lol! XD

    ReplyDelete
  17. looks like you finished alot of good products.

    Your username sounds so cute!

    thanks for sharing =)

    lisa
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is awesome. I am so interested in the Naive cleansing oil! I've seen the brand but never really dwelved into the product line so much. If I ever find the cleansing oil, I will buy it. I like cleansing oils are so great! :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. lulu, i have a few blog awards awaiting you on my page!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wah love your new layout Lulu, super cute and spring-y!

    I looove these posts and your cool reviews. Good job on finishing all these products. I like using AHA to get rid of my acne scars faster but I agree it is harsh at first, now my skin is used to it though. I want to try Vanicream but I never see it anywhere. I like that Aveeno sunscreen too but I have it in SPF 30. I always use the generic version of the makeup remover as well hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great post. Love your blog!

    xoxo
    http://www.onceuponafad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. congrats on getting through all of these products last month! I definitely like the olive oil cleansing oil more than the orange...the scent of the orange one is a bit odd the more I use it, and I've been using more than I normally would if it were the olive version

    ReplyDelete