Saturday, April 3, 2010

♥ March Favorites ♥

I can't believe another month has gone by so quickly. The month of March was an exhausting one, yet also a very eventful and productive one. Now I look forward to the start of April, spring weather is finally here, and I am an April baby so obviously April is my favorite month of the year! :)
In the month of March, I really enjoyed using the following products:


♥ The Face Shop Control Brightening Essence: I stopped by The Face Shop to pick up the the spot eraser that many blogger ladies have been recommending, which is a post acne scar fading/brightening treatment. Unfortunately my store ran out of it at the time of my visit. Instead, the helpful SA recommended this essence/serum to me, which is also from the same line as the spot eraser, so I was told. It is as a light weight, oil free serum that helps to brighten up complexion and diminish scarring left from breakouts. I've been using it day and night for two weeks now, and so far, I really enjoy using it! It absorbs very quickly, leaving the skin feeling smooth, clean, and left no greasy film at all. It has a pleasant light floral smell. I did notice that the scars on my forehead from a previous breakout faded significantly after using this serum. Normally it would take over a month for the scarring on my face to fade away, but this serum definitely helped to speed up the process. Now I can't wait to try out the spot eraser as I believe the spot treatment will be even more concentrated and effective at helping to diminish annoying acne scars :)

♥ Hello Kitty Bubble Gum Scented Cleansing Hand Wipes: I picked this up from Target's little Hello Kitty section for only $1. This wet wipes are really useful during traveling, to clean dirty hands before eating when water is not available, or to wipe away messes. Best of all, it has a light sweet bubble gum smell, w/ its cute HK packaging, I can't help but to love it :)

♥ The Face Shop Fruit Garden Hand Lotion in Peach & Pomegranate: This is one of the best smelling hand lotion that I've ever encountered, and it does a really good job helping me to moisturize my hands without that extremely greasy feeling. I am glad that I finally picked one up to use now that my TFS Apple hand cream is finished. I've been wanting this ever since Edna's dear sister picked on up during one of our last TFS adventures last year :)

♥ L'Occitane Rose Hydrating Face Mist: I work in an office setting most of the time and commute approximately 1.5 hours by car everyday, which can be really drying to my skin. Face mist is a great way to refresh and moisturize my face throughout the day. It could also be used to set my makeup. Since this face mist also has a refreshing rose scent, I find it to be a great pick-me-up during the long afternoons to help wake up. I really like the fine mists this bottle sprays, it won't make my face extremely wet looking, so there's very little to pat in and risk smearing my makeup (if I'm wearing any).

♥ Paul and Joe Eye Makeup Remover: This is a great makeup remover, it removes my eye makeup very easily, even when it comes to tough-to-remove Kiss Me Heroine mascara (My HG mascara!). On top of that it comes in the most adorable frosted glass bottle!

♥ ELF Eyelid Primer: A few weeks ago I made a small ELF haul to try out some of their studio line products (I still have yet to post about that!), and spotted this eyelid primer. Out of curiosity, I added it in my cart. Being only $1 a piece, I figured there was nothing to lose even if it doesn't work out. To my surprise, it is not so bad at all! The packaging itself is very simple, it comes in a doe-foot applicator just like lip glosses. With the primer on my oily eyelid, my eye makeup were really able to stay put. My only complaint is that the applicator was a little bit hard and scratchy, there was one spot on it that was particularly scratchy so I had to be careful not to let that side touch my sensitive eyelids. Has anyone else tried this super inexpensive primer, and what are your thoughts on it?

♥ MAC Give Me Liberty of London Lipstick in Ever Hip: This has got to be my most favorite lipstick at the moment, I've been using it nonstop ever since I got it and used it every day during my trip to Vegas last week. It is just the most perfect coral lip color for me, perfect for spring. It is a cremesheen formula, which feels nice and moisturizing on my lips. And just look at that adorable packaging!


♥ Ole Henriksen African Red Tea Self Heating Body Soufflé: OMG so good! It is really light weight, almost a gel consistency, which makes it very easy to spread on the body. The most amazing thing has to be its self heating property. On slightly damp skin, this cream will heat up a bit, makes your body feel all warm and comfortable. This is perfect to be used in the winter, or after a work-out to sooth out sore muscles. I love it!

21 comments:

  1. Hi Lulu!

    I really enjoy your monthly favorites because you write great reviews and introduce a bunch of new products to me. :) The Face Shop stuff sounds great. The eyelid primer sounds nice, I'll tell my sister about it. ^^ Bubblegum hand wipes sound yummy too! Now I really want MAC Everhip lipstick! It looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice lips Lulu! The color looks great on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww love everything u have!hehe
    the mac lippie looks pretty!
    btw scars in forehead heals faster than any part of your face,thats normal
    hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh that's a great shade of lipstick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. everything sounds great! im running out of my paul & joe whitening serum, im gonna go check out the face shop's control brightening essence if we have it here. :)

    i love those hand wipes! i also use hello kitty wet wipes but mine doesnt have a bubble gum scent :|

    the MAC Everhip looks so pretty on your lips! i understand why you wear it everyday, its lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. the essence sounds good! i have to visit the face shop tomorrow! anything that fades acne scars faster is always a prospect for me, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The PJ makeup remover looks so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. the hello kitty cleansing head wipe is so cutee! hahaa =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. the face shops is very promising. I think I need to do another brand review for this korea item soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. the lip color looks so natural, you like the ELF Lid Primer? Glad it works for you there, down here, with the humidity, it doesn't !:(

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Ever Hip" looks beautiful on you, Lulu! Hee hee...the Hello Kitty wipes made me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to try the face mist.. I've never tried face mists before

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you'll get the spot eraser soon! The HK wipes packaging is so cute :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm happy to know that the ELF primer is working, I'll add that to my cart next time I place an order :p

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing your favs =D The P&J makeup remover is so pretty, but I still have over 75% of a bottle of Bi-facil to get through.. D=

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooooooh, lovely March favs!

    I've been so curious about that OH souffle, it sounds fab!

    ReplyDelete
  17. great list...I have to agree that faceshop hand lotion smell oh so good...now I want the ever hip...looks so nice on you...

    ReplyDelete
  18. nice march faves - i love the mini reviews :) i hope you're able to get the spot eraser soon! I think it has the same scent as that brightening essence :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. hey first time on here :D have you ever tried the powder brush from Elf's studio line? it's super dense and super soft, definitely my favorite out of all their brushes. I have not tried their eye primer yet, but I think I might next time I order something from there

    ReplyDelete
  20. ooo you make it all sound good! Especially the Ole Henriksen body soufflé!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've been using the brightening essence & spot remover & I really love both. My skin definitely looks more even & glowy since I've been using this essence.

    ReplyDelete