Sunday, April 25, 2010

My Weekend

Wow time really flies, the last weekend of April is already coming to an end :T I am excited yet nervous about May. April has been a relatively relaxing month for our wedding planning, not much has happened this month. But we have a whole bunch of tasks planned for the month of May, such as start shopping for wedding rings, my accessories such as tiaras and jewelries, start choosing wedding favors, and order invitations...But at the same time this also makes me nervous because with May's arrival, it also means summer is coming right around the corner, and soon enough, September will arrive in no time!


This weekend was rather a relaxing one. On Friday evening, fiance and I participated in a wedding registry event at our local Macy's. While we have decided not to add too many household items onto our registry, but focus on a honeymoon registry instead, it was fun to browse around the store with our scanner and talk about the things we would like to have. They also had some food and drinks available to all the couples, which was really nice. At the conclusion of the event, we received a goodie bag filled with useful registry information, a lipgloss from Clinique (Long Last Glosswear SPF 15 in Air Kiss), and beautiful flowers :)


Also, Macy's is having a FF sale starting this coming Wednesday, everything is 25% off. You can also use the code MACYSFF online, I believe it's free shipping for orders $99 and above.


Because April is my birthday month, this cute bear is mine thanks to Build-A-Bear :) haha I am such a big kid sometimes :p


 Now onto some makeup/skincare related hauls from this weekend:


I got this Beauty Bible to read. It seems like a very informative book, that addresses topics such as ingredients in our cosmetic products, sun protection, makeup application tips, product reviews, etc. While it is always useful to read product reviews from other users before purchasing a product, it is also important to stay informed and learn about the ingredients and their purposes. I can't wait to go through it. I will probably pick out relevant sections that I learned from reading the book and share with you guys sometimes too :)


I picked up this Zirh set to try out, mainly because of the eye cream. Even though Zirh is a skincare line designed for men, they have some really good products that women can use as well, for example, this Herbal Under Eye Cream. It contains caffeine that helps to stimulate circulation underneath the eyes to help remove dark circles and decrease puffiness. It has a light gel consistency, makes it ideal to use in my morning routine to help de-puff my eyes. I'll keep you updated whether if this product holds up to my expectations!


I also picked up the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish clear skin cream, after reading Fuz's review. The salicylic acid in the cream helps to combat blemishes, while the retinol helps to reduce fine lines and wrinkles. Even though it is a tiny tube of only 1 oz. of products (and costs about $12), you only need a little drop every time to cover the entire face. I've used it twice so far, and really like the consistency. It's not greasy and heavy, and absorbs into the skin quite nicely. It also has a nice scent. I hope I like this as much as Fuz and all these reviewers on MakeupAlley do.


I also was lucky enough to pick up three bottles of Seche Vite Fast Dry Top Coat at Ulta. Usually it's almost always sold out whenever I visit, but I guess I got lucky this time and they had just restocked :) It was on sale for buy 2 get 1 free. This is definitely my favorite top coat to use, nothing dries faster and leaves a shiny smooth finish as this topcoat does! I am glad to discover this product, because I am always the impatient one who end up doing stuff too soon after I paint my nails and smear the polish. With Seche Vite, it dries my nail polish super fast (within a few minutes) and then I can just move on with my day :)


Ulta also has OPI, Essie, Orly, and China Glaze nail polishes all for buy 2 get 1 free this week, if you are in need of picking out a few new nail polishes. Don't forget to use their $3.5 off coupon.

22 comments:

  1. Awesome products! I really want to try the Seche Vite! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha... we all are influenced by FUz. I was checking on Neutrogena yesterday too. But ... my local drugstore didn't carry this line from neutrogena... perhaps i will order it from drugstore.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey lulu, I have got Paula Begone's Beauty Bible book too hehe :) i have to confess i didn't read it all, probably 1/2 way through :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted to try Seche Vite too after seeing a lot of bloggers posting about it. Love the bear, sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bear is so cute! :) The Neutrogena cream sounds really promising!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lulu, what a wonderful weekend! That orchid flower is soo beautiful! The only beauty book Ive read is the Bobbi Brown Teenage beauty a few years ago..I should really look into more.
    and Buildabear is soo cool. I love the kissing of the heart and putting in the bear-I think thats my fav part!
    Dark circle cream-ooooh cant wait to hear how it works out for you!

    Just got your email! Sending you one back tonight! <3 J

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds like a good weekend :) what pretty orchids!

    I like using the Zirh shaving cream, haha...it lasts a lot longer than a can of shaving gel since you only need to use a little bit! hope the eye cream works well for you!

    ahh seche vite...love love love that stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Planning a wedding is so much fun, but the next couple of months will go by superfast so watch out!

    OMG that eyecream contains caffeine! I need that! My eyes are so puffy in the morning it's scary sometimes. I want to try the Neutrogena cream too, darn Fuz for making me want it. =P

    ReplyDelete
  9. fuz is powerful bc i also bought the healthy skin lotion after her review! hahaha i also picked up my first seche vite, cant wait to try it tonight!
    Glad you like the neutrogena also!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never experience that wedding registry thingy which I think is fun...that why i have to get married again...hehe...and i still have to get the seche vite....hope may's not going to be that stressful for you...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you had a fun weekend =) I hope all the wedding planning is going as smoothly as it possibly can! May really is just round the corner! =D Are you super excited??

    The bear is sooo cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty flowers!! And lol the Build-A-Bear is so cute! I totally love that Neutrogena treatment! Hope it works for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ooh the flowers are very nice. And I love Build-A-Bear! My friend had a birthday party there when I was in middle school, and I had the most fun ever :D Good luck with all the wedding planning in May! I'm sure it'll go wonderfully. omg buy 2 get 1 free??? aah must head to Ulta, I love Seche. Love China Glaze and OPI too...sigh. Darn no buy. Maybe the next time they save a sale, I need to keep my makeup cravings under control lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. build-a-bear!!! i'm a kid at heart too! hahaha i fall for kid stuff like that all the time :)

    omgoodness what a good deal for seche vite!! i still want to try that sooo badly but i dont think its widely available where i live :( so sad because i've heard so many raves about it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The bear from Build-A-Bear is so cute! You never get old for things like that or at least I think so... hehe~ I can see myself have stuff animals when I'm 80 years old... lol~ :X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome haul! I really want to try the Neutrogena anti wrinkle cream as well. I've heard nothing but good things about it and 1oz for $12-ish is not bad considering other brands that go well beyond $40 for the same thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like it was a very lovely weekend. Dang you hit up so many malls this weekend! All the popular ones around our area. Sounds like my ideal weekend, going to all the malls. {*hehe}

    Did you get the bear for free? I didn't know they did free bears for your birthday month. If I knew I would've got one myself or took my bf's little sister to get one. There's always next year.

    The Beauty Bible you got sounds very interesting and informative. I think it is definitely important to learn as much as you can about the products you put on your skin, especially on your face. Your face is the first thing people see. Excited to read about stuff you learn from this book. =]

    As for buying products for me, I don't think it really matters if its for men or women. As long as it gets the job done right? I actually got a lip balm from a line for men [Jack Black] as well. It's actually one of my favorites, right next to burts bees. If I need more protection and healing I use the it.


    <3 Serena.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Build-a-Bear! Did they make you jump-up-and-down-and-turn-around and make a wish thing? HAHAHA~ Seriously, never too old to build a bear - or any stuffed animals they offer there!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, that's so cool to have that wedding registry! When I eventually get engaged one day, I won't be able to do that though since my culture just gives money haha!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your weekend sounds really fun, Lulu! I love the flowers you got. So Build-A-Bear gives free bears out on your b-day? I had no clue. I haven't tried the other stuff you purchased but agree with you on Seche Vite! =D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great haul! I've used the Neutrogena cream as well, and I really liked it!

    You are so lucky to find that top coat! It was in my to-buy in the US but I couldn't find it!!!

    ReplyDelete