Monday, May 3, 2010

♥ April Favorites ♥

It's time to talk about my favorite products from April:


♥ BioSilk Silk Therapy Hair Treatment: I am sure many of you have heard about this product. I can't believe I've never tried it until now. I've been noticing that my hair has been rather dull recently, especially towards the ends. So I picked up a bottle of BioSilk, because I want shinier and healthy looking hair! Every night after washing my hair, i squeeze out a tiny drop of the product into the palm of my hand, then evenly rub it around my hair, concentrating on the ends. I try not to put the products near my roots, since my scalp tends to get oily, and therefore weigh my hair down. I think the product has a very pleasant smell too. Since I use so little every time, this bottle will probably last me a super long time!

♥ Seche Vite Fast Dry Top Coat: I've used this top coat every time I applied my nail polish this past month. It has truly been a life saver, as it dries my polish super fast, and leaves my nails with a super shiny finish. I don't think I ever need to go use another top coat anymore. The only problem I've noticed though, is that the consistency has gotten gloopy overtime. I plan on getting a bottle of the Seche Restore Restoration Thinner, which is designed specifically to restore the consistency of Seche Vite top coat and other polishes as they get old.

♥ Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish Clear Skin Cream: This cream has been working out great for me. I haven't had a single break out since I started using this cream every day and night. It has a light consistency, is very easy to apply, and smells nice too. The retinol keeps the wrinkles away while the salicylic acid keeps skin clear. I highly recommend you to give this a try!

♥ Urban Decay 24/7 Eye Liner in 1999: This liner is light purple with a little bit of shimmer. I've been using it to line my lower lashes to give my eyes a more defined look. From far away, the addition of the light liner gives the illusion that I have fuller bottom lashes than I actually do. Urban Decay 24/7 liners are all really great, they stay on really well and have a rainbow of colors to choose from.

♥  LUSH Buffy the Backside Slayer: This is my first time trying a LUSH body butter. It is to be used as an in-shower body exfoliator that also leaves the body moisturized. After shower, I'd turn off the water, and lightly scrub Buffy all over, then rinse off. It even works with my sensitive, eczema prone skin. I am not going to lie, the scrub was actually not very pleasant to use at first, as the exfoliating bits are rather harsh and hurts a lot, so don't press on it too hard, and use gentle circular motions. I thought I was going to hate it after the first try, but after I rinsed off the grainy bits, my skin felt a lot smoother and softer, and it was instant love!

♥ LUSH New! Solid Shampoo Bar: I love LUSH solid shampoos, they are so convenient to use, easy to travel with, foams up super well, and actually lasts a super long time despite how small looking the bars are. New! shampoo bar is a pleasant discovery. It has a very strong cinnamon smell, so if you are put off by cinnamon scents, then stay away from it. I happen to really love it so it's no problem for me. New! is designed to encourage healthy hair growth. Not sure if it made my hair grow faster, but it definitely leaves my hair feeling really clean and soft.

13 comments:

  1. the seche vite is def one my april favorites also!!!! its amazing!
    I also bought the neutrogena cream and love it! i gotta review it soon i havent broken out since =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom had a small bottle of that Biosilk hair treatment before! It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great favorites. I kinda wanna try the solid shampoo bar from Lush. I brought a bunch of stuff there the other day. gotta love their comforter bubble bar and bathbombs.. their stuff are addicting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm scared of the retinol in the Neutrogena - otherwise I'd pick that up in a heartbeat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I may just have to get myself some of that LUSH exfoliating body butter. I'm becoming desperate to find something that will help moisturize my skin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol @ buffy the backside slayer XD. I love how LUSH names their products. I sgree, Seche is the bomb. I haven't had mine long enough for it to get too thick yet, and I will probably finish it before that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i like LUSH shampoo bar too, it makes my scalp feel sooo, sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. the seche vite top coat seems interesting. i should do my april fav post too ^^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seems like everytime you do a favorites post, my NY HK is in the background ... such a lurker!

    OMG, I put my enjoy's shine and smooth (used this brand after biosilk mucho years ago). great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, I <3 Seche Vite and the Neutrogena Treatment too! But man I wish it stopped all my breakouts!!! It is working quite nicely to slow my breakouts but a few are still popping through.. T_T;

    & I totally want to try Buffy now! I have the scrubby bars but they're a little too harsh I think.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have that UD 1999 too, but haven't used it yet :p. Wow, Seche top coat seems to be everywhere right now, it sounds so great. I wish we have that Neutrogena at here...

    ReplyDelete
  12. "Favorites" posts are always fun to read. :D I heart Seche Vite Fast Dry Top Coat too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I bought that Biosilk treatment for my mom. She still has so much left.. I wonder if she even uses it -__-'

    ReplyDelete