Thursday, May 6, 2010

Skincare Routine -- Makeup Removal & Night

To read about my morning skincare routine, please go to the previous post. 

Today I will talk about my skincare routine for every night before I go to bed.

A little bit of background info about my skin:
Combination to oily skin, oily around T-zone, visible and easily clogged pores around T-zone, redness around nose and cheek sometimes, dark circles and bothersome laugh lines under eyes, occasional breakouts, hyper-pigmentation from breakouts that take a long time to disappear.
 
Want to concentrate on:
Reduce visible pores, reduce shine, more radiant and flawless skin, relief dark circles & fine lines under eyes.




I usually remove my makeup as soon as I get home. What about you? Do you tend to remove your makeup once you get home, or before bed?


For eye makeup, I'm using Paul and Joe Eye Makeup Remover. It is a bi-layer makeup remover, so make sure to shake it up real good to mix the two layers of solution together. I soak cotton pads full of makeup remover, gently press onto each eye for a few seconds to dissolve all the makeup, then (again, gently) wipe away all the remaining eye makeup.


For face, I first apply a pump of Kose Sofymo Cleansing Oil onto dry skin, gently rub around until makeup have dissolved, then wet my hands over the sink and rub all around my face again to emulsify the oil, and rinse until all the oil have been rinsed away.


I then go over with my Clarisonic Mia brush and Clinique Liquid Facial Soap to make sure all the remaining cleansing oil and makeup are washed away, and that my face is squeaky clean.




For night time skincare, I start off with the Clinique Clarifying Lotion (toner) all over my face.


Then I apply The Face Shop Control Brightening Essence all over my face, concentrating on any redness and pigmented areas due to acne scars. Following that, I apply The Face Shop Post Acne Night Time Spot Eraser onto the dark spots I want to concentrate on. These two products work great together to help my acne scars diminish faster.


For eyes, I first use the Clinique All About Eyes Serum and roll the metal roller ball over my eyes a few times to sooth my tired eyes.


The back to face, I apply Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish Clear Skin Cream all over my face.


For night time, I like to use a richer eye cream than the light gel consistency of the Zirh Herbal Under Eye Cream. My current favorite is the Ole Henriksen Fresh Start Eye Cream. It's rich and creamy, yet it absorbs quickly without leaving a greasy film on my eye lids.


My daily moisturizer is the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel.

To finish off, I apply Smith's Rosebud Salve all over my lips. This is a very moisturizing lip balm, great for night time treatment. It keeps my lips moisturized until the next morning.

16 comments:

  1. Ohh, the Face Shop! Haven't been in there in a while actually. Is it still at Westfield/Valley Fair? (<---have you been to that mall?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing, I also use the CLinique mild facial wash :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep hearing great things about the Smith's Rosebud Salve. I can't wait to try mine out... hehe~

    Thanks for answering the questions on the sunscreen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice routine...love the smith's rosebud salve too...it's my very first purchase at sephora...years ago...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Ahleessa. I always hear good things of the Salve!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've been trying to find that TFS spot corrector but its always OOS! how long does it take before diminishing acne scars? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, thanks for the eye cream rec! I just posted a request on my blog for HG recs...hehe. What benefits have you seen from Ole Henriksen Fresh Start?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the day and night skin routine posts! =]
    I really like reading about what products other people use. I really want to buy something from The Face Shop now but I don't know what's good. {*LOL} I want to buy the products you use because they sound so good. But thing is... I don't think I need whitening products. {*hehe}

    OH and of course I can help you dye your hair. FYI though my mom helped me with mine. It's just too long to do on my own. =X I usually help my mom with her hair though!


    <3 Serena.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Smith's Rosebud salve as lipbalm. Hmmm, if the Face Shop brightening stuff works well, I will need to try it when I get back to the Bay Area!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I usually remove my make up before going to bed, unless I'm in for the night then remove it when I get home.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooo I wanna check out the fresh start eye cream!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Lulu! Great to hear Ole Henriksen's fresh start eye cream does a good job hydrating. If you have dark circles (like me), does it help with that too? Thx! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Big yay to the weekend! Hehe. XD Thanks for answering my q again! *makes mental note of Zirh*

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing your nighttime routine too! I don't use an eye cream yet... I feel like I must be the only beauty blogger that doesn't LOL! I'm curious to try the OH one. I'm always so afraid to try heavier creams though, because I'm pretty prone to millia.. =/

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow! Thanks for the post :) I love to hear about other peoples skin care routines. Yours sounds pretty similar to mine! How long does it take you to go through everything?
    I really should take of my makeup when I get home. You're smart, it's supposed to be better for the skin. But I live with my b/f...

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow the clarasonic!

    im using the same kind of cleansing oil as you :) except im using the collagen version i think..

    nice skin routine!

    ReplyDelete