Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Skincare Routine -- Morning

It's been a while since I talked about my everyday skincare routine. It's changed a lot since the last time I talked about my routine.

A little bit of background info about my skin:
Combination to oily skin, oily around T-zone, visible and easily clogged pores around T-zone, redness around nose and cheek sometimes, dark circles and bothersome laugh lines under eyes, occasional breakouts, hyper-pigmentation from breakouts that take a long time to disappear.
 
Want to concentrate on:
Reduce visible pores, reduce shine, more radiant and flawless skin, relief dark circles & fine lines under eyes.



Today I will talk about my morning routine:


I start off with washing my face with the Clarisonic Mia and Clinique Liquid Facial Soap (Oily Skin Formula). It is still quite cold in the morning in the Bay Area even though it's the beginning of May already. I warm up the Clarisonic brush with warm water, shake off the excess and then pump only about half a pump of the facial soap onto the brush, then turn on the brush and let it cleanse my face for the full one minute duration. Then I'd rinse off the soap, take a wash towel, dampen it up and rinse in cold water to make sure all the excess soap is rinsed off, and the cold water helps to close up my pores.

Then I'd move to my vanity area, apply Clinique Clarifying Toner (in #3 for oily/combination skin) to prep my skin. Then I use one pump of The Face Shop Control Brightening Essence, apply it all over my face, but concentrate more on the areas where I have acne scars in hope to help lighten them quickly.

First layer of eye protection is the Clinique All About Eyes Serum. It comes in a metal roller ball packaging. To be honest, I haven't seen any visible benefits of this eye serum. But I do like the coolness of the roller ball when it rolls against my skin. It helps to depuff and wake me up.

Then I use a pearl sized drop of the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish  Clear Skin Cream.

Zirh Herbal Under Eye Cream is my new love. It helps to de-puff and reduce my dark circles pretty well. I think it's because of the caffeine in it, it's like coffee for my eyes in the morning.

For moisturizer, I use Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. I prefer the gel consistency much more than the lotion. Gel is really easy to spread and apply.

For sun protection, first I use Clarins Sun Wrinkle Control Eye Contour Care SPF 30 around my eye area, and Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion SPF 55 PA+++  for face.

20 comments:

  1. I neeeeeeeeeed the Clarisonic Mia haha. Off to ebay to find good deals! ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your skincare routine!
    I always hear so much good things about Clarisonic, but it is again not available her in Austria, haha...

    I'm glad that the Clinique skincare line work for you. It didn't for me.

    Would like to try out that Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish Clear Skin Cream too, and again this products is not available here. Argh!

    Oh, you have that Clinique All About Eyes Serum De-Puffin Eye Massage roller too, hehe... the cooling/refreshing effect is awesome, huh? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lulu, thanks for sharing! I've been eyeing Shiseido's face sunscreen for a while now but I'm afraid that it will feel sticky & get my t-zone oily like the other suncreen. How is it for you? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your routine! It's a great routine :D I'm using Clinique skincare line too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this! i def. want to try the neutrogena anti blemish cream and the shiseido spf lotion. :) thanks for sharing, love

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would get so lazy doing all those steps every day... >_< then again..watch...later on it will pay off versus me.. I'll look older than you!! lol maybe i should try to make a routine haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow. thanks for sharing your routine. Your skin sounds like mine! The hyperpigmentation from old pimples stays forever. I can't seem to get rid of it even when the pimple is long gone. Are there specific treatments that you recommend for this?

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahhh! hello kitties :D clinique is the besttt

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha after reading your post, i want to do my skin routine too. for the sunblock part, i think you may want to use something in lower spf if you don't stay out all the time. i read it in a book recently. too much spf is going to put stress on the skin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is clinique nice? Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can I ask if both sunscreen, eye and face, have oxybenzone or avobenzone? I'm on a search for a new one but I'm allergic to those chemical... hehe~

    When I looked at your post, the first thing that I thought was how cute are those Hello Kitty dolls!!! I didn't even realized the products on the bottom... lol~

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just realized I don't have a skincare morning routine.....I'm that lazy...hehe

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how you have the Hello Kittys in the background. *^_^* Thank you for sharing your routine with us! I have the older Clarisonic and haven't touched it in a while. I'm so lazy. =\

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow you used a lot of the Clinique Toner and the moisturizing gel already. I tried Daniel's and that stuff is amazing! I'm going to have to get the 2nd set + the moisturizing gel from now on!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing, love the Hello Kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  16. i looove hearing ppl's skin care routine!

    and ur hello kitties are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great routine, The Face Shop's stuff smell sooooo good!! I wish they worked better for me. Gotta love the Neutrogena clear skin cream.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for sharing your skincare routine! Hm. I don't use the Neutrogena treatment in the AM since retinol degrades in sunlight... but maybe the salicylic acid would be useful since my pores always clog up during the day. I'll have to experiment a bit hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Haha I don't know why I love seeing people's skincare routines. It just makes me happy. I want to try that Zirh Herbal Under Eye Cream that you were talking about. Where did you order it from? They opened The Face Shop in L.A. I want to go there soon and get that Brightening Essence and the mud nose pack Pam was talking about in her post.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great morning daily routine. Always happy to hear about others who are serious about skincare!

    ReplyDelete