Thursday, May 20, 2010

Weekend: Graduation


Fiance and I both received our Master's degree last December, however the campus wide graduation ceremony isn't until May. We weren't going to walk at first, but changed our mind last minute because our advisor insisted that we shouldn't miss out. He was right, it was a once-in-a-lifetime chance to walk across that stage again, and we had a lot of fun!


Here we were getting ready to walk across the stage! Yes, we were students in the same department :) It was freezing cold Sunday morning and I was so glad I didn't wear a dress like I had originally planned to.


Look at all these people! It was a shame that my parents couldn't make it this time due to the short notice, but fiance's dad came celebrated with us and took tons of pictures for us  :)

On the shopping front from this past weekend, I met up with my college roommate and we went to the mall together.


I've been looking for these pump like flats and these were perfect, I especially love the tiny bow detail at the front. I also picked up a pair of silver flats. I've totally been in a flats mood lately. One question, do you ladies wear your flats with socks (those no show socks) or barefoot? I find that I sweat a lot more if I don't wear socks, but it feels weird to wear socks with flats...dilemma...


I also bought this purple skirt from Khol's. It's made with thin cottony material that feels extra soft and light.


Interesting cotton swabs that I picked up: the one on the left are individually packed, and has a regular cotton Q-tip on one end, and a plastic scoop thing on the other for cleaning ears. The one in the middle is also individually wrapped, and one end contains olive oil! I thought this would be perfect to toss in the purse, and to clean away any running eyeliners or makeup smudges in the middle of the day.

21 comments:

  1. Cutue haul! I find that if I wear my flats with those {flats} socks, thin like stockings.. that I don't sweat. You should invest in some! they are super soft and made to fir your heels and toes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your graduation! I love those flats you got! I agree my feet really sweat if I don't have socks on :/ But I can't seem to find socks that fit without showing so I can wear 'em with skirts/dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Lulu! I love the silver flats-so cute and versatile! I usually wear mine bare or maybe with stockings. I like those rhinestones..Do I sense blinging nail posts in the near future? lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats again lulu~!
    those flats look gorgeous especially the silver one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw congratulations again! It's really cool how you guys got to walk across the stage together. I didn't think I'll would walk before this post as I've been to dozens of graduations being the youngest of eight but I kind of want to after seeing your cool pictures. :)

    I don't wear socks with flats (like the look better) but have the same problem as you, I just wash my feet before/after and the inside of my shoe with cleaning tissue. XD

    The skirt looks perfect for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats on graduation! i really like those black pointed toe flats. i never wear socks with flats xD yeah my feet get sweaty but i ignore it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on graduating! It really is once in a lifetime experience :) Love the skirt! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that is my dream to wear a gown like that one day...

    ReplyDelete
  9. If I haven't said it already, congrats Lulu!! Yes, every graduate *must* walk! You don't have to answer this if it's too personal but what was your Master's in? I never wear flats with socks. I tried the no show kind and it shows...lol! It also moves around on me. =\ Nice haul! I have never seen such q-tips before. I'll have to pick some up if I ever see 'em. =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woo hoo~ congrats yo! I didn't want to walk for my BS degree loL~ just figured it was pointless, but it actually a lot of fun. :) Doesn't look like Berkeley has any sunshine, eh? SF was totally sunny today, it was crazy.

    I don't wear socks with flats. I'm still on the hunt for flats though. My feet are hard to please. I love both pairs that you've picked out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. congrats, again, doll!! looks like such a fun graduation! and it's so funny, the other day i bought those floss sticks, too! lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. yay congrats!!!!!!cute flats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats! I'm going to graduate too on next month, I can't wait :D.
    I don't wear socks with flats, I feel weird too, hehe

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations Lulu!! :D :D :D

    And hm. I usually choose to wear argyle trouser socks with flats... but maybe I'm just weird LOL. (Yes, even with skirts, but usually then with the socks scrunched down.)

    ReplyDelete
  15. congrats! I bet it feels great to finally have that Master's degree! whenever I wear flats, I usually just go barefoot unless there's a lot of walking involved...then I'll try to wear the little no-show sock things or thin trouser socks (if i'm wearing jeans) to avoid getting blisters

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations to you both!!

    And I love your shoes and clothes! To answer you question, I usually wear black socks..it looks slightly weird, but if I don't wear them I feel like my feet sweat more too, and end up sticking to the shoe..if you know what I mean? It's not a particularly comfortable feeling! Most girls that I see hospital either go barefoot or where black-sheeny tight looking things (with trousers)..

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats to you Lulu and your fiance! That's quite an achievement! The place looks fantastic, quite like you said, nothing quite like that one moment =)

    Great haul, I've also been wondering about that flats question.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I wear socks with flats, because of the sweating :/

    ReplyDelete