We had such beautiful weather this weekend, sunny with a light breeze, just the way I like it :) However my stupid allergy was acting up, I was sneezing the entire weekend. Has anyone else been suffering from spring allergies? It's so annoying!
Two of my good college friends visited us and wanted to celebrate my birthday. I made sushi for everyone for dinner. For dessert, they brought me a very yummy chocolate mouse cake!
Kat brought me Victoria's Secret goodies: A Sexy Little Things body mist and a Vanilla Craving Edible Shimmer Powder. The shimmer powder comes in an adorable heart shaped container, and has a matching heart shaped puff.
While fiancé was outside watering our garden, a baby squirrel came to him and followed him around, It was the most adorable thing ever!
Random buy of the weekend: a set of super cute flashcards, the smaller bear is about the size of a thumb! Not sure what I can use them for though, but they are cute nonetheless :)
Finally, a simple how-to on homemade hotpot --
(1) You will need an electric pot, the kind that can be plugged in and be constantly heated up. For our hotpot this time, I used a pre-made hotpot seasoning packet to make it extra spicy.
(2) Chop up some green onions, garlic, put the hotpot seasoning into the pot, pour in 2 to 3 cans of chicken broth as soup base, let them boil. If you don't have hotpot seasoning, just the chicken broth is good enough too.
(3) Prepare your food. You can have anything you'd like to eat, typical food includes slided pork/beef/lamb, fishballs, rice noodles, tofu, cabbage/veggies.
(4) Prepare dipping sauce: This is also where you are free to choose the kind of sauces you like to eat your food with. I like to use a little bit of sesame oil, soy sauce, tiny bit of Chinese vinegar, sesame paste, Chinese BBQ sauce, and Sriracha hot sauce.
Mix everything together:
(5) Take a slice of meat, swish it around the boiling soup until cooked, dip into the sauce, and eat! Throw in the food you like to cook into the pot, and fish them out when they are ready. It's just that simple. We like to eat hotpot because each person can choose their favorite and cook the food themselves. It's also a great fun thing to do when you have friends over.