Thursday, June 17, 2010

Finished Products in May

A little belated, but let me share with you the products I finished in the month of May, and my thoughts on them.


✔Kose Seikisho Mask White -- My favorite peel-off type mask, it grabs onto whiteheads on the face really well, and even those fine hair on the cheeks, and cleans them all off in one try. The most amazing thing is, it really does make the face look more brightened/whitened afterwards. The only bad thing about this mask is, it really hurts when you pull it off. So I try not to use it too often, usually once a week or sometimes even once every couple weeks.

✔LUSH New! Solid Shampoo -- Cleans hair well, smells refreshing, and makes my hair feel soft and bouncy. I did a detailed review of the product here.


✔CVS brand 10% Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Treatment Gel -- I have a love/hate relationship with 10% benzoyl peroxide acne medications, sometimes they work wonders for me, sometimes they don't do anything. I think it also depends on what type of pimples they are. The red cystic ones are harder to get rid of with this, but the ones that have a white tip and ready to burst (sorry for the graphic description) work better. (I am trying out Mario Badescu Buffering Lotion for my cystic acne right now, and I am loving it -- combined with B.liv Spot Got Shot -- reviews coming up soon! I am so glad my pimples are healing now, I never used to get ugly cystic acne like this time before. I was so depressed over it. Still not quite sure how it started in the first place :T)


✔ Kuan Yuan Liang Green Bean Cleanser -- This is a refill pack that I purchased from sasa.com. This cleanser is a multi-use product that could be a face wash, a mask when packed on thickly, or a gentle facial scrub. I always use this product in the shower to avoid the mess because it is a powdery product. I dump a good amount of powder in the palm of my hand and slowly add drops of water to create a paste-like mixture and apply it on my face as a mask for a few minutes while I am washing my body, shaving, or exfoliating my body. Then I'd gently scrub my face with the products before rinse off. It made my face feel really clean and refreshed afterwards.


L.A.M.B. All Over Me Body Scrub -- I won this big jar of body scrub from Nic's giveaway last fall. I told her that this is such a perfect gift for me, because the L on top is for "Lulu", hehehe. It took me a long time to finish this because this jar is literally really huge! I scoop out a good amount and rub it all over my body for exfoliation, and then rinse off. It makes my body feeling very soft afterwards, and also leaves a nice fragrant scent (I suppose it would match Gwen Stefani's L.A.M.B. perfume scent).


✔John Frieda Luminous Color Glaze Clear Glosser -- There is lip gloss, but this is my first time hearing a gloss for the hair. At first I thought this is a conditioner that would make the hair look shiny and smooth. Except, not quite. It doesn't have as much moisturizing effect as a hair conditioner does, it's more like shine booster that's to be used after shampoo and conditioner. I'd apply it all over my hair and leave it on for a few minutes, then I'd rinse off to even smoother and shiny hair.  It is a nice pick me up for dull looking hair.


Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps 18-in-1 Hemp Unscented Baby-Mild Pure-Castile Soap -- The most versatile bottle of liquid soap I've ever purchased. This huge bottle (1 quart sized) lasted me since 2008! Especially since you only need a little bit of product each time for it to lather up nicely. Another reason why it lasted me a long time is, I mainly use it to wash my ears -- weird right?

Believe it or not, I was first introduced to this product when I pierced my ear lobes 3 years ago. I have super sensitive skin and the first time I pierced my ears when I was younger ended up with a super bad infection and my piercings closed up. So when I decided that I wanted to do it again in 2007, I wanted to make sure I do everything right. I went to a well reviewed tattoo/piercing parlor and the very knowledgeable employee there told me to soak my piercings with warm sea salt water everyday, and use Dr. Bronner's soap to wash my piercings to prevent build up and infection, since it is such a mild formula. I took really good care of my new piercings and religiously did those things for a long time. My piercings healed up very slowly...it wasn't until last year that I can almost freely change my earrings on my own without hurting or having any problems. I think I might just be a very extreme case, because my body refused to accept the fact that I am sticking foreign objects in my earlobes -- for two years I'd always use the most genuine earring post material, and never take my earrings off, even when I sleep. Every time I wanted to change earrings, it became painful and sometimes almost impossible to insert the earring posts through. As you can tell, it took a lot of effort and TLC to keep my piercings, all for the sake of vanity, so I can wear pretty earrings :p But I am glad I stuck with it!

Whoa anyway, I digress!! The soap!! I love this soap because it is very versatile. I also use it to give my cat baths, and sometimes to wash my brushes. It could also be used as a face wash, a shampoo, a body wash, and get this, as a toothpaste! I've never tried that before, has anyone else?


✔L'Oreal Sublim Slim Tightening +Toning Treatment Gel -- I purchased this out of curiosity, but I didn't have high hopes that it would actually work! Well the first few times, I really did feel a difference, the skin on my abs would feel tighter after I woke up. Over time, that tight feeling is no longer there despite using it everyday -- so I am not really sure if it really does work or not, but I enjoyed using it because it gave me a chance to massage my tummy. When you apply this gel on your stomach, there is a nice cooling sensation. Then I'd message around my tummy gently until all the gel is absorbed -- it takes a bit of time to do so, so in the process, I feel like I gave my arms a nice workout as I was moving around doing the massage motions, and it made my tummy feel good. Would I repurchase? Probably not. I got lazy with using the product in the end, because my night routine is already long enough, and I just couldn't wait to hop into bed every night and fall asleep, so the less steps the better :p

16 comments:

  1. it feels so good to see your list of finished products right???? :D :D :D thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. the green bean cleanser sounds so neat! will check out some items like that! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont have kose mask but I am using the amway mask and avon mask

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay! thats a lot of finished products! time to shop? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. He he he he he the Lush shampoo looks like a giant button! xD

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've finished so much products! The magic soap sounds really magical :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, Lush and their shampoos, my love/hate relationship with those bar shampoos...

    OOH, I remember the Dr Bonners Soaps, Daniel uses the Peppermint one for the shower and supposedly the mint "wakes" him up. He's almost done with the huge bottle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I was like you Lulu.....u get to finish your stuff...as for me I could get stuck up on mine like forever...glad you liked & finished that body scrub.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can never finish as many products as you can! Haha. I'm super tempted to try Lush's shampoo bars now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOh Dr Bronner. i am obsessed with his pure castile liquid soaps. I use it for everything too, washing some of my precious cloth items to washing anything that needs a good clean! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what a lot of finished stuff! You're my hero Lulu! =D

    I'm really curious about the Kose Seikisho mask now. Need to go hunting.

    Also, the lush shampoo bar looks.. DELICIOUS. One of the reasons I don't buy lush things, especially the massage bars often is because I reckon one day I might take a bite of it, just to see how it tastes T___T

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love that kose mask as well! it lasts forever since i'll switch between other peel-off masks, but it's by far the best one.

    love dr bronner soaps - i have a little bottle of almond soap and sometimes i'll use it to clean my makeup brushes if i can't find my baby shampoo :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. hahaha I'm so impressed whenever you do these finished products, I can never get around to finishing anything! I love Kose products, that mask sounds cool. I'm really loving my Queen Helene Mint Julep mask right now though

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh, it always seems like you're finishing products when I can never finish anything! lol
    I'm always so impressed when I see your "finished products of the month" posts

    After reading your review on the solid shampoo, I wanna try it! :D looks pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wowww, amazing that you can finish all these products! Unlike me...lol! Where did you purchased that first product you finished, mask white?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for sharing your list with us, Lulu! I have read about Dr. Bronner's soap and seen it at the store but never tried it. Now, I am way curious! I feel you with the whole sensitive ears thing. So glad to hear your ears are getting "cheaper". :P

    ReplyDelete