Monday, June 21, 2010

Hair Extensions

I've always been curious about hair extensions. Having super fine and limp hair, I always wished for voluminous long hair, and I had hoped that hair extensions could help me to achieve that.

I got my clip-in extensions on Ebay (sundanceimport). The hair extension is 100% human hair so it can be straightened and curled. This seller offers very reasonable prices for the extensions. You can also choose various lengths depends on your needs. I chose the 16" one.

It's been a while since I've bought this, if I remember correctly, the shade I got was an off black shade (1B), which matched my natural hair color pretty well.


This is my hair before the extensions were put in, very straight and not so much volume:

With the extensions:


Excuse the messy crown, I am such a noob at this, and also did my first try in a hurry. I should have hid the clips better and also brush out the hair afterwards so it doesn't look so messy. But here is how my hair looks like with the extensions all clipped in -- a bit longer, and even though you can't tell much from the pictures, but in real life, I was super happy with how much more hair I had. My ponytail was about twice the size as before and i was excited about that, and just the possibily of be able to do more hair styles with those extensions' help.

16" was slightly longer than my natural hair at the time of purchase, I think it might blend in with my hair a bit better now that my hair grew longer. It also might blend in better once I curl my real hair and the extensions together. I also need more practice so I can hide the clips in my hair better.

I finally satisfied my curiosity with extensions. I haven't really been using them much since I received them, and haven't wore them out yet. But I think these are good to have for the special occasions where I want to look like I have fuller, more voluminous, and longer hair.

11 comments:

  1. i'd feel weird using hair extensions, especially if they're real hair lol. but i don't really need it anyway.... D= *brags* ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have extensions but not clip on ones. :3 They're more or less permanent. I had cut and colored my hair with them on and I just had them re-rooted last week. :3 It'll take a while to get used to extensions but I'm really lazy that's why I opted for ones that were bound to my real hair. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to try extensions and I want a longer hair now.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got mine done at home. :3 My friend referred me to her hair stylist and she does home service when she's available. It's 200php per strand which is about 4 dollars I think. I have about 80-100 strands of hair extension on my hair. x)

    I just get mine re-rooted every 2-3 mos. and re-rooting costs around $20. This has reminded me that I need to do a review on hair extensions. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have always wanted hair extensions as well! my hair is long but fine and limpy too :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a noob too. I still haven't tried these! And I could totally use some...lol. I love that it adds length yet still looks natural.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have too much hair to add hair extension :D. Your hair looks really beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! those blend in so well :D i want to try some too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a great color match! I think I have less hair than you do, but I've yet to try extensions! I suppose it's an easy way to get more volume and texture~ Perhaps it'll be a good idea for those 2nd hair days, hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  10. L! I love your weave! (thats such a funny comment btw) Seriously tho, it looks great on you. Very natural looking!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Damnnnn... there is so much more volume! My hair lacks in volume too =( But I'm too lazy to do anything about it -___-' I know.. what the heck is wrong with me hahaha!

    ReplyDelete