Sunday, June 6, 2010

♥ May Favorites ♥


LUSH Bubble Gum Lip Scrub -- Thanks May for getting this lip scrub for me last month when it was so hard to find in our area! I hope they are more available now that it's been out for a few weeks? Go pick one up for yourself! It's delicious :) Bubble Gum is my favorite scent because it smells like my favorite Snow Fairy from LUSH. It is basically a sugar scrub for your lips. Even though sugar scrubs are very easy to make in your own kitchen, I still prefer this LUSH one because it's all packed in a convenient jar, and it's scent is just simply too good to leave. I also love how you can lick the sugar off of your lips if you wish, yummy! :)

MAC Ripe Peach Blush Ombre -- I know I've said this before, but I am going to say it again: I love this blush! I've been using this blush everyday since I got it and I am still not tired of it :) Just the perfect flush of coral for my cheeks. Hopefully I won't hit pan on it anytime soon! It is a pretty big pan after all :)


Stila Sheer Pressed Powder (Medium) -- I use this powder everyday to touch up in the middle of the day. It helps to keep my face matte, but never looks cakey. I also love its pretty and slim packaging, and there is a mirror inside of the compact. Sadly, I am already hitting a pretty big pan on it and I am going to run out of it soon!


Ecotools Retractable Kabuki Brush -- I am in love with this brush. It's super travel friendly, yet does the job super well. I use it to blend in my powder. It picks up powder evenly and is oh-so-soft and dense! It is also very inexpensive compared to some other high end retractable kabuki brushes. I am so glad I bought it.

MAC Lipstick in Ever Hip --  Also an old favorite that I am still loving during the month of May. I have never finished a lipstick in my life, but it looks like I will actually finish with this one, look at my progress! :) It's moisturizing, yet doesn't feel heavy or waxy on my lips. The color brightens up my face and is perfect for the summer.

 
L'Oreal HIP Color Rich Cream Crayon Eyeliner in Meticulous (842) --
Picked this up at CVS recently and I'm so glad I did. I've been really into gold shadows lately, and I think gold goes really well against my eyelid, especially for the summer time. It just gives me that more awake look. Meticulous has just the right amount of shimmer, and it stays on all day. It is perfect as an eyeshadow base. The swatch on the left side is Meticulous by itself, and on the right is with the gold shadow in my Stila palette over Meticulous, which is how I normally wear the colors together.


Left: Meticulous by itself.
Righ: Stila gold shadow over Meticulous.


Stila gold eyeshadow (don't know the name) in my Stila Precious Pearl Eyeshadow Palette.

21 comments:

  1. It's hard to believe May's already over! Time goes so quickly..

    Thanks for sharing your favourites! =) The lipstick looks like a gorgeous colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I also picked up Meticulous! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The HIP eyeliner is great. I love the gold color. It has that very beautiful antique color to it :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome favorites! I've never tried Mac's blushes, but I really want to! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great list! I want to try that lip scrub! =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I waNna try that scrub now.. Especially that my lips has been really dry :( and that ombré, I never found it :( it looks so pretty!! I never finished a lipstick in my life either. Heehee! :p

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Lush bubblegum lip scrub too (and thanks to May too), it smells and tastes delicious :D. the Ecotools brush sounds great!

    ryc: no! I'm the world biggest procrastinator! I always delay and delay and end up rushing when the deadline is so near :(.
    I'm going to help my dad for a year or so and maybe thinking to take a master degree after that.
    It's okay, just take your time :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! What are you gonna do when you run out of Ever Hip? It's LE right? Haha~ MAC Ravishing seems to be in a similar color family, according to this post: http://glowingface.blogspot.com/2010/03/mac-give-me-liberty-of-london-goodies.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg... i make me want that eco tool brush badly ....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh man, now I want Meticulous... too bad they're all probably sold out due to the recent sale at CVS. Darn!

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice faves! omg you got that MAC blush, I am super jealous, but I bet it looks gorgeous on you. and wow I am impressed at how far down you got on that lipstick. lol even when I think I use mine a lot, I've barely made a dent in any of them

    ReplyDelete
  12. My pleasure! I likey your idea with the gift cards. Mine are strewn here and there. XP

    ReplyDelete
  13. great favs! i really want to try the Lush lip scrub now and the MAC lippie looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely May Favorites - I totally want to get a Lush lip scrub as soon as I get to SF and omg good job on using so much of Ever Hip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great May Favs =)

    I want to try the Lush lip scrub so bad! I'm scared to go to Lush because I know I'll end up buying more then just the scrub.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice May favs.
    I wanna try out that stila powder for my oily-combo skin =/

    ReplyDelete
  17. nice may favorites and yay for hitting pan!

    ReplyDelete
  18. i have the kabuki brush too. soft on the face

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can see why you love all these items. I'm sure I'd love them too.

    AHH!! The Ripe Peach blush is stunning! I've seen it before but it still awes me. =]
    The Ever Hip is a really pretty color too. But I've come to realize I'll never wear lipstick everyday. Well for now atleast. I don't see a reason why.

    I want I want. =P


    <3s Serena.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yeah, we're like 3 yrs apart, so no problem with school :D But when our friends phone us at home, we will always ask which Dina, Lol.
    My blog url is my chinese name's intial :D. It's Yun Yan, how about yours?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very good plan Lulu~ I've been trying to finish my stuff too before moving on to my other stuff XD

    ReplyDelete