Sunday, June 27, 2010

Nose Packs Showdown

Today I am going to show you the two blackhead/whitehead nose cleaning products that I've been using lately. Getting rid of all that gunk that are build up from the nose has always been on my top priority. While I've been lucky enough to not have been plagued by blackheads since my early teenage years, my pores around my nose does get clogged with whiteheads pretty easily, due to my extremely oily t-zone.


The first product that I have been faithfully using since last year is the Kose SOFTYMO Men’s Nose Clean Pack, which you can purchase from Sasa for $5.80 (10 pieces). These nose strips are similar to the well known Biore nose strips, where you apply on cleansed wet skin, let it dry into a hardened paper-mâché texture, carefully peel off and all the impurities and whiteheads from my pores will come out with the dried strip, leaving my nose feel oh so clean. Even though this product is designed for men, but it works perfectly for women too. Kose also has a women's version, but it is smaller in size. I prefer the men's version because it covers more area. The strip has slits cut along the sides at where the nose curves, so it fits the nose extremely well.  I also really love how the nose strip is black in color, because it really lets me see all the gunk that has been pulled off, in a gross but very satisfied kind of way. hahaha


The second product that I have also been trying is The Face Shop White Mud Nose Pack. These are a bit harder to find because you'd have to live close to a The Face Shop store to purchase these (where as Sasa ships world wide). I was lucky enough to have Tammy to help me to purchase this. (Thank you so much Tammy!). I think it sells for about $7 a tube. This nose pack comes in a tube, and the product squeezes out with a white gooey consistency. You apply the product on dry cleansed nose, let it dry for about 20 minutes, then peel off. Same with the nose strip, all the impurities and gunk from your pores are suppose to stick to the pack as it dries and be pulled off with it.


So how did these two products compare? I'll let the gross pictures speak for themselves --

 The Face Shop White Mud Nose Pack

The Kose one obviously pulled off more whiteheads from my nose than The Face Shop one. Plus it just shows all the details more easily because it's black in color. However The Face Shop one didn't do too shabby either.

In terms of convenience, I prefer the Kose one a bit more because there is no mess, and it is more travel friendly. It also takes slightly less time to dry up.

However, the Kose strip is more harsh on the skin than The Face Shop one, once it dries hard, it really adheres to the skin well, and you'd have to be really careful pulling it off. A few times that I did in a hurry, I found my skin to be very irritated and even broken from the pulling action. Because of this, I also don't recommend using this product very often. Maybe once every two weeks or even a month would do, because you don't want to irritate your delicate skin.  The Face Shop pack also hurts a bit when I pulled it off my nose, but not as bad as the paper strip. I found that packing on a thicker layer helps. However that would also mean longer drying time. I'd recommend using The Face Shop one every week or two weeks.

Personally I would probably continue to stick with my Kose strip and use it once a month to help clarify my pores because of its convenience and effectiveness. I would use the Face Shop one in between if I feel like having an extra boost. If I'd have to travel, I'd also prefer the Kose one more due to its convenience. However for at home usage, The Face Shop one is more economical, as I can see that this little tube would last me a while.

What is your favorite nose clarifying product? Please share :)

19 comments:

  1. The only thing I don't like about strips is that they seem a bit harsh when I try to peel them off. But they do work well, tee hee. I prefer to use an extraction tool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great showdown =D I'm like Miss Wiggle and prefer using an extraction tool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lulu! :D
    Have you tried Naris Up eggshell and charcoal mask? :D I've been using it and I think that it does a better job than Biore's nose strip but there are still some stubborn blackheads that won't leave :( I use Dr.Brandt's Vaccum cleanser too but it doesn't seems too work really well =/ Anyways I might purchase the Kose nose pack next time I purchase anything from sasa. It seems to work well xD Thanks for sharing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome comparison! thank you for this great post. i hate the biore nose strips because they hurt and don't do that much for me. i want to try the face shop one now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome comparison, Lulu!
    I have looots of whiteheads that clogging the pores on my nose, so I'm always keen on trying good nose packs!

    I'm currently using the St Clare Sebum Treatment Kit, but you made me really wanna try out the Kose nose pack now! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i only have used biore nose strip before.have u tried?i think it shud be cheaper than kose
    wanna try the faceshop one,pam from xppinkx raved bout it!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've used the Naris Up Nose Peel.....It's kinda painful to remove....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been meaning to try the face shop's products, unfortunately there isn't a store like that anywhere near here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure a lot of nose pack users will find this super helpful! I am not a user of these, as I have very dry skin!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great comparison and review, now I want to try the Kose one. I've tried the mud nose pack and it doesn't really help to remove my blackhead/whitehead..

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks for the showdown!! it was very helpful hehe

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't believe I read/ looked at this post while I am gobbling down a slice of berry pie. You have tainted my pie eating experience. *CRY*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing Lulu! Thanks for the comparison!!!!!

    I was a bit shocked to be honest how much gunk they managed to get out! My nose pore strips always come out with hardly anything attached to my disappointment!

    I definitely need to get myself some of those! The stupid biore ones and the cheap Boots ones i buy always bubble up!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh thanks for the comparison! I like the strips better too! I realized recently that I need to have the AC blasting when I do pore strips, or else I sweat from my nose and it melts the pore strip!

    ReplyDelete
  15. nice comparison post! I have both products as well, and I prefer the black nose strips - they seem to pull more stuff from my pores, and it's so much easier to see! I think the only way I'll get everything out of my nose is if I get a facial and pay someone to properly extract everything

    ReplyDelete
  16. that kose one looks amazingggg!! yeah, the mud pack didn't work so well on me either :( it removed like half the gunk n left the other half, thanks for the review, babbes!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love using those that are in tubes as i think that they are more economical and that i can control the amount that i want to use..hehe..but e kose on looks good! esp with the black background you can see what is being removed haha..

    ReplyDelete
  18. my husband used the softymo nose pack before too. they're much stronger than the ones for women. i have yet to try anything TFS haha. anyway great showdown!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Woah! The Kose one looks amazing! O_O

    ReplyDelete