Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Review: LUSH New! solid shampoo

 
Photo courtesy of lush.com

LUSH New! Solid Shampoo -- I bought this shampoo after reading good reviews about it on makeupalley.com. While I am not new to the concept of LUSH solid shampoo bar (and I think they are the coolest thing ever, especially for travel!), this is my first time purchasing New! solid shampoo. 

This red colored shampoo with two cinnamon sticks that are oddly embedded into the bar smells, you guessed it right, just like cinnamon gum. What I like about this shampoo is that it leaves my hair very soft and bouncy, after my hair air dries, it feels more volumized and very clean. Also, LUSH claims that the essential oil in this shampoo bar will stimulate the scalp and encourage hair growth. Not sure if my hair grew out faster or more while using this shampoo, but I'd like to believe that it did, hence the very volumized feel :p I did notice that when I brush my hair, there are less fall outs. 

A lot of you have been curious about how I use a solid shampoo bar. I have to admit, the first time I picked up one of those from the store was to satisfy my curiosity, since I've never heard of SOLID shampoo before either. This little bar fits nicely in the middle of my palm. For $9.95 a piece, I thought it was a bit too pricey for the size, but this little bar actually lasted me a very long time (I want to say more than 2 months, almost 3 months with daily usage, and I have long hair). You only really need a very little bit every time. I'd wet my hair and then wet the shampoo bar, then rub it between my hands a few times to lather up, or sometimes I just rub the bar on my hair directly, and you'd instantly get a lot of nice lathers enough for washing your whole hair. It also rinses very easily and makes my hair feel squeaky clean. After shampoo I'd follow up with whatever conditioner I'm using.

When you purchase 2 shampoo bars, LUSH would give you a free aluminum tin to store your bar in. I like to use the tin to carry my shampoo bar when I travel. But at home, I store my shampoo bar on a wired soap dish in the shower, away from direct water contact, so it dries out quicker and therefore help to preserve the lifetime of the shampoo bar longer.

What I like about those shampoo bars is that, they are very travel friendly, yet does the job perfectly -- they lather up super well, just like the traditional bottled shampoos. New! shampoo in particular has a very invigorating cinnamon scent that  totally helps me to wake up and clear my mind to help me to get ready for the day. Also, without the bulky packaging of liquid shampoos, these solid bars also eliminate waste. 

LUSH also offers a ton of other solid shampoo choices. I'd suggest you to go to the store, sniff a few and find the scent and formula that you like. Actually, find 2 so you can get a nifty little shampoo bar tin for free so you can travel with them too!  

16 comments:

  1. thanks for the review! solid shampoo sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture looks like a cookie. And I would like to eat said cookie-like shampoo. OM NOM NOM NOM NOM. LOL. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I've never heard of solid shampoo either, it sounds really interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great review... im actually currently using the green one that smells like tea tree minty like.. i forgot what its call. i love it. it makes my hair very voluminize and soft...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the convenience factor this gives. Most of the time I dread using the shampoo at hotels so this sounds like a great alternative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so THIS is the infamous solid shampoo from lush. It looks so pretty and sounds amazing. Too bad I recently dyed my hair or else I would definitely try this out. Maybe after my hair grows out?


    <3s Serena.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for the review~
    sounds like i'm going to try it now! haha xD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay!! I got this shampoo because YOU recommended it! I started using it last week and I was thinking of doing a review next month. Is that OK with you? I'll probably repeat some of the info you've shared here, but I hope it's ok with you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. awww...no lush store here...:(.....great review...makes me want it so much......this is perfect for my travels....

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for the review :) Sarah sent me a shampoo bar in Feb, but I've been kind of hesitant to try it since the last shampoo bar I used made my hair an oily mess! I think I'll try it out when I run out of my current shampoo :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i really wanted to try these solid shampoo bars but i can never finish my current one. also my hubby picked up like 5 more bottles from ulta last month =x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have one of those Lush shampoo bars but have been too scared to use it! Haha, now that I know how easy it can be I think I'm going to try it. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, it made ur hair more voluminous? Sounds like a Keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks for the review! seems like solid shampoo is the new thing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lol it looks like a sweet! Never heard of solid shampoo til today, thanks for the review! xX

    ReplyDelete
  16. What..?! First I found out about powder shampoos.. now solid shampoos??? Wow. Well.. now I know lol.

    ReplyDelete