Sunday, July 11, 2010

♥ June Favorites ♥


♥ Mario Badescu Buffering Lotion -- Earlier in June, my skin all of a sudden became a hot mess, for the first time in my life, my right cheek and forehead broke out in clusters of cystic acne, those ugly red bumps lasted for days without getting any better. To this day I still did not know what happened, maybe it was a bad reaction to a product I was using, maybe it was all the stress, or change of weather? *shrugs* But what I do know is that Mario Badescu products really saved my skin! I purchased the Buffering Lotion, which targets cystic acnes, and the Drying Lotion, which is good for spot treatments -- and both had worked wonders for me. Out of the two I liked the buffering lotion more. It comes in a little plastic squeeze bottle with solutions that you'd have to shake up before using. I use a drop or two on my effected areas twice daily, and then follow up with the rest of my skincare. A few days into continuous usage of the product, the bumps on my cheeks were flattening up. My face is now back to its smooth texture, even though there are still some red marks from the acne that I will need to work on fading away soon, but I am happy that I no longer need to pile on concealers before I head out of the door!

♥ Ulta Smoothies Body Moisturizer Body Whip Cream -- Berries n' Cream -- These were such a fun discovery. These moisturizers are stored in a metal pressurized canister just like a bottle of whipped cream, and it comes out in the texture of whipped cream as well. Weird, but so fun to play with! The scent smells exactly like strawberry cream -- so yummy I had to resist myself from licking at it :p Because the texture is whipped, this moisturizer is really airy and easy to apply -- also feels really light on the skin, perfect for the summer weather. I'll have a more detailed review of this product with more pictures coming soon -- it was definitely my favorite body moisturizer to use for the month of June.

♥ Paul & Joe Limited Edition Sahara Collection Finishing Powder -- First of all, how pretty is the packaging! It comes in a cardboard box with a matching puff. I picked up the darker shade of the two in Desert Sand. It is a bit dark on me, but it's perfect for the summer since I do get a little bit more tanned. I am tempted to pick up Dune for the winter, because I love this powder so much! When used as a setting powder, it instantly mattifies my skin, and keeps my skin matte for hours afterward. It also made my skin look and feel very smooth. The formulation of this powder is designed for hot humid weather and it also claims to withstand well under sweating. All in all, a very good summer time finishing powder.

♥ Benefit Hoola Bronzing Powder -- (whoa excuse the shaky hands and the blurry image) This is my first time trying Benefit Hoola bronzer, and I understand why it is a lot of people's favorite. I own quite a few different bronzers that all have a bit of shimmers in them, so I went to look for a matte one that doesn't look orange -- Hoola was definitely the one! It is a perfect contour shade for me. Also this powder was really easy to pick up, it has quite a soft smooth texture -- I just use a fluffy brush and lightly dust it on my face, and voila, I'm ready to go!

♥ Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush in #10 Peach Flush -- I quite like these mousse consistency of Maybelline Dream Mousse line. Peach Flush is a lovely coral shade. It's not too pigmented on my cheeks -- so no looking like "monkey's butt" here, which is what a heavy hand for cream blushes can do. I dab a little bit of the product onto my index finger, and then smooth it onto my cheeks. It gives me a nice flush of glow and makes me look more awake. To set the blush, I use:

♥ MAC Hello Kitty Pretty Baby Beauty Powder -- This pretty baby pink powder gives off very little pigmentation, but it's perfect for setting my cream blush, just to give it a bit more glow. The Hello Kitty face engraved on my powder is slowly disappearing, her cheek is almost gone!

26 comments:

  1. the MAC Hello Kitty Pretty Baby Beauty Powder is really pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to try the Maybelline Mousse blushes but I've heard they're quite sheer. I'm really curious about the 'mousse' texture though. Nice June favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt bad I did not purchase anything from Hello Kitty collection, it was sold out in a flash down here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love this!!! you are such a good reviewer :) <333

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww.... the HK print is going to gone soon T.T nice buy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG HK MURDERER!!! I can't believe you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Mario Badescu Buffering Lotion! I have moderately severe acne that is mainly kept at bay by prescription products, but the Buffering Lotion is the only over the counter product that has ever really helped much.

    Its quite smelly though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That Mario Badescu Buffering Lotion sounds really effective. I wish I knew about it long time ago when I suffered from cystic breakout on my cheeks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to try the ULTA body moisturizer..=)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Mario Badescu's Buffering lotion too :) although I don't have much pimples now but I'm keeping a bottle just for those rainy days :)

    Also love the MAC hello kitty's beauty powder, except I'm not sure how to use it, I used it as a contouring powder before, but can't see much difference :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love P&J packaging! Always so cute! =) Hoola sounds great! I'm super pale so no bronzer works on me XP I've been wanting to try the mousse blush though I've heard mixed things about it =/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything in your june faves sound really great! Esp. the Mario Badescu Buffering Lotioni :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. that paul & joe packaging is so nice....and currently loving that maybelline blush too.....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Seeing your Hello Kitty powder is making me think how I never use mine. I'm on this using up my products kick and my HK powder is one of those things I bought and never used. =(

    That P&J powder looks so pretty, are you still using your La Mer powder or just this one?

    ReplyDelete
  15. nice faves for june :) I love the MB buffering lotion as well, though I haven't had to use in in a while now! I still keep what's left in the bottle just in case a random pimple shows up...lol and you know they always do!

    ReplyDelete
  16. love ur blog!

    http://theveiledbump.blogspot.com/ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh yay another great favorite post. your kittie's head is almost gone hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOL, I think I've been applying my cream blushes quite heavily and end up looking like a monkey's butt, as you say! xD

    Yep, I'm leaving, and it's so bittersweet! Leaving everything & everyone I'm connected to (which includes Cali bloggers like you!) is kind of frightening~

    Haha, I'm sure we'll meet up one day! I plan to get my butt back in California whenever I get the chance LOL~

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've been hearing great stuff about the Maybelline cream blush. I definitely need to check out Peach Flush. I'm very into coral/peachy colors... hehe~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great favorites! The MB Buffering Lotion is a total lifesaver for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. OOhhh the P&J powders! Very tempting I must say.

    Actually I don't give Hoola much love at all. It's too dark as a countour shade for me and makes me look muddy if I don't use an even light hand to apply it. As a result I can't really be bothered to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. if i had the P&J powder i think it'll end up being my fav too, so humid sometimes!
    cream blushes scare me! but i'm sure the maybelline one would be perfect because it's not too pigmented like you said.

    ReplyDelete
  23. oo i'll definitely have to try this buffering lotion! and LOL about the body whip cream.. i was like.. OO kinky?! ahaha. just kidding :X

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice June faves! I should pull out my Maybelline mousse blush too... been neglecting that since... ever LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  25. LOL at the "monkey's butt" remark! XP I have been wanting to try the Maybelline Dream Mousse blushes.

    ReplyDelete