Sunday, July 25, 2010

Weekend at the Zoo

Saturday's weather was super nice and sunny, so we decided to take a trip to the zoo...Actually, our original plan was to go visit Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, and meet May while we were there. But silly us forgot our pre-ordered tickets at home and didn't realize until we were more than half way there! So we had to turn back -- going all the way back home would be a waste of time and gas, so we stopped by the zoo instead. It turned out to be pretty fun too. I guess I will just have to save Six Flags for another day -- I am scared of the roller coasters anyway hahaha. :p

First we visited the alligator, and was right on time to watch them getting fed -- with big fat rats! These things are viscous when they are fighting for food! Here is one that decided to swim to the fence for an up close and personal look!

Then we visited the white handed gibbon. It looked like so much fun for him to swing across the tree branches with ease. His arms must be darn strong!

I loved watching the giraffe. They look so pretty and gracious when they walk, and their markings are so cool looking.

The goats are all napping under the sun. Looks so comfy.

Finally, the elephants. The elephant on the right is trying to snap a tree branch with his trunk -- so amusing, he snaps it so he could peel off the tree bark to eat! Don't you think these elephants need some moisturizers! hahaha

It was so much fun to go to the zoo again. What did you do this weekend? Hope you all had a very great one! ♥♥♥

PS - Friday night we watched Despicable Me,  it's such a cute movie. Have you seen it yet?

9 comments:

  1. i am so not a roller coaster person either. I went to Great America about 2 years ago & I went on one roller coaster and it freaked me out, I was done for the day. Ha ha. I was the official sunglasses holder for everyone else while they were riding the coasters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha that's so hilarious. I'm definitely the sunglasses/purse holder! My first roller coaster experience was with my middle school classmates and peer pressure made me to on the hardest one in the park first, and I freaked out too. Ever since that day, I've been scarred. LOL. I am the chicken in the family, as everyone else is the adventurous type. :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! u had a fun weekend too at the ZOO lulu! Great to catch some fresh air and be with nature:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, well I'm glad it turned out to be a fun day, :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay, I love animals, so cute :D
    good photos <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like great fun at the zoo, you know our zoo here, we can't even take picture this close to the animals :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks like it was a fun trip to the zoo :) oddly enough, I think the last time I went to a zoo I was in Cali, haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. i loveeee this!!! makes me want to go to the zoooo!!! in my next life i want to be a giraffe! so i know how it feels to be that tall! looks like u had so much fun, babe! i remember u twittering about the zoo, but finally i get to see pictures! which zoo is this called?

    ReplyDelete
  9. HAHAHA elephants needing moisturizers xD <3

    ReplyDelete