Tuesday, August 31, 2010

♥ August Favorites ♥

In the month of August, I really enjoyed using the following products:


♥ MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Stereo Rose --I have been using this blush for most of the month, it makes my cheek look nice and glowy. I use a skunk brush to make sure I don't over apply. So glad I got this blush, I love it!


♥ Bliss Triple Oxygen Instant Energizing Mask -- LS recommended this mask to me, and after reading a few reviews, I was intrigued. The mask comes in a pump bottle that pumps out gel like product. But once applied to wet skin, it frothes up and claims to release oxygen into the skin to wake up tired skin and make your skin younger-looking. The best part about this mask is that it only needs to stay on the skin for about 5 minutes, a perfect mask for my busy schedule, especially for those days when I don't have time to do a sheet or clay mask, but still want to use something to help my skin revitalize itself. It's also a really fun mask to use, as the mask gives a tingling sensation to the skin as oxygen is released. 


 


♥ Rosette Hello Kitty Collagen Wash -- Kay sent this product to me for my birthday, and I just love its adorable packaging. What I love even more is its light green apple scent -- so refreshing. This face wash comes in a squeeze tube, and the product is in a white cream consistency when dry. Once wet and rubbed between hands, it foams up quite nicely, and I really enjoy using it to wash my face in the morning and evening. It also rinses under running water easily, and makes skin feel clean after wards. With such a cute packaging, it bring me smiles every time I see it on my vanity :)





♥ Dior Capture Totale Multi-Perfection Correction Serum --  I received this 100-point deluxe sample from Sephora and loved using it till the last drop. It is a very expensive serum at $135 for 1oz of product. This sample bottle is about 0.33oz, which lasted me a pretty good month and half. You don't need much each time, just a small drop. It does have a pretty strong fragrance smell but did not bother me much. It really makes my skin feel radiant and smooth after application, and does not make my skin feel oily in anyway. I think it also helped my skin to heal faster, and works well to help diminish dark spots. Even though it is a light gel consistency, it keeps the skin stay hydrated. Overall a really nice product, but with a hefty price tag, which will make me think twice about purchasing a full sized bottle.



♥ Rimmel Natural Bronzer in Sun Bronze --  This is my go-to bronzer and also the first ever bronzer I had during my "pre-makeup-craze" days. I hit pan on my first one a long time ago (also the cover cracked and broke), and this one that I am using currently is my second. It is a matte bronzer, which makes it a nice product for contouring, and gives it a natural shadow on the face. My only complaint is its plastic lid, which doesn't really stay on tight, and makes it a hassle to travel with.


♥ Purple Lab Huge Lips Skinny Hips Lip Gloss in Lychee Martini --  This is a yummy lip plumper that also has Hoodia -- a natural appetite suppressant that claims to help with reducing cravings. While I did not find that to be effective, as a lip gloss it is love! Lychee Martini is a sheer peachy color with no glitters. It goes on lips so smoothly. It does a nice job keeping lips stay moisturized and gets rid of all the dry lines that appear on the lips when they are dehydrated. What I like most about it is that it's not a sticky formula at all, and that it tastes and smells so yummy! Like sweet berry flavored candy. I will post lip swatch of this product in an upcoming post about my haul from Purple Lab.




♥ Sally Hansen 18 Hour Lip Treatment --  This was a very pleasant discovery from my local drugstore. I have seen this lip gloss advertised in magazines before. What got me to try it is its 18 Hour claim to keep lips stay moisturized. While it wasn't really 18 hour for me, it does make my lips feel so moisturized and plump for a few hours. The color I have been using is called Clear Optimistic Opal, it looks like such a pretty shade in the tube. On my lips it appears like a sheer gloss, and the smell reminds me of orange soda -- yummy! It has a doe foot applicator.  The packaging is a little bit bulky, but it looks pretty.

15 comments:

  1. The Hello Kitty face wash looks so cute! :D
    And Lychee Martini sounds yum (even though I don't know what a martini tastes or what's in it LOL).

    I better get on my favorites post now, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg the hello kitty wash is tooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing....I hit pan on my NYC bronzer so I gotta try the rimmel one...the sally hansen lippy looks really nice on your lips...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm eyeing on that dior serum & bliss oxygen mask! maybe i should try to achieve them

    ReplyDelete
  5. the bliss mask and the hello kitty cleanser sound great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah love stereo rose! The HK wash looks adorbale =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. the bliss mask looks interesting. i'm keen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. im very curious about the hello kitty collagen wash! i love green apple scent!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the natural, peachy look that the Sally Hansen lippie gives you. =D The Dior serum sounds amazing. Dang, why does all the good stuff always have to cost an arm and a leg? =\

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm trying Muji cleansing oil, so far it doesn't break me out and no mineral oil in it too! Maybe you should give it a try too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love the variety of items you have :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice favourites! So much Hello Kitty! XD Teehee.

    http://xmaterialgirlsx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I looove Rimmel's Stay Matte Powder, so I will definitely check out that Bronzer. I agree about the packaging though, it's so flimsy!

    ReplyDelete