Tuesday, August 10, 2010

♥ July Favorites ♥


In the month of July, I really enjoyed using these products.


♥ Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion For Face/Body Very Water Resistant Sunscreen SPF 55 PA +++ -- This products has definitely made its appearance on my monthly favorites posts a few times already, and it is well deserved for the title, because it has been my favorite sunscreen for a couple of years now. I especially love using it for the summer reason because it doesn't make my face greasy, has a light formulation that is easy to apply, and offers excellent sun protection. When I go to Hawaii in two months, I definitely need to repurchase a big bottle to take along with me!


♥ Korres Body Milk in Bitter Almond -- Korres bath and body products are my favorite to use. While you probably have heard me mention Korres body butter a few times in my blog (review here), this is my first time using Body Milk. Body milk has a more running consistency compared to the body butters, and also doesn't feel greasy when applied. Which makes it a perfect product for use during the hot summer. I love the pump bottle as well, it pumps out the perfect amount of products each time. The scent is also a big plus for me, bitter almond scent reminds me of those almond jelly that I love! Definitely one of my favorite Korres scents!

 
♥ ELF Zip Zapper -- This little product took me by surprise. When I spotted it at Target on the dollar ELF shelf, I decided to take it home and give it a try because it was only a buck, so what more can I lose? I didn't expect much from it, but when the pimple on my cheek shrunk its size by half over night and started to dry up, I was excited. It contains Salicylic Acid, Tea Tree Oil, Witch Hazel and Camphor -- all excellent skin calming and acne fighting ingredients. The product has a small plastic roller ball that dispenses the clean liquidy product. Once on skin, it dries pretty quickly. I love how easy and convenient it is to use. I just bought two more backups, so I can take one with me wherever I go and use it when I feel the pimple first start to emerge. For such an inexpensive product that works, I highly recommend you to give it a try!



♥ Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream in No. 5 (Peach) -- I went through a little phase of Aqua Cream frenzy last month when the product first became available on Sephora, and I never regretted the purchases ever since! Aqua Creams are the best makeup product to use for the summer days when you are all greasy and sweaty from spending time outdoors, because they truly stay put without budging. I purchased two eye colors, and two cheek colors. No. 5 is one of the cheek colors -- It is a peachy pink color with small gold flecks inside. The cream is super pigmented, so just a tiny dab on the finger is enough for one cheek. If you want your blush color to stay put for a long time, definitely give Aqua Creams a try. I apply the cream blush on my cheeks before patting on finishing powder, as the powder would actually help to tone down the pigmentation a little bit so I don't end up with too much colors on my cheeks. The end result is a truly glow within flash of color that looks so pretty! I also use...


♥ Sephora Blush Me! in peche tendre no. 4 -- ...to set my blush and give it more of a glow. It is a matte warm light pink shade that I fell in love with last month. This blush was from the love pack that Edna just recently sent me :) Thanks so much love!!! 


♥ ELF Concealer Pencil & Brush -- I have this concealer in the medium shade (light), and it was the perfect shade for my skin tone. This creamy pencil actually contains salicylic acid and tea tree oil to help combat acne -- I love a product that has two purposes in one! The cap of the pencil side contains a pencil sharper, how convenient is that! On the other side of the product is a teklon brush that helps to blend in the concealer. This slim pencil is perfect for taking along on the go. It offers really nice converge, and the pencil makes it easy to dot directly onto the pimple. I definitely need to purchase back-ups of this product! I am also interested in trying the fair shade and see how it works on my under eye. 

23 comments:

  1. Is the price of the Zit Zapper about the same as on the site? I must look for it at the Target I usually go to! lol

    I recently bought the shiseido sunscreen (tube version). Maybe I'm not use to the smell, but it smells like a perfume-y scent & sunscreen mixed together >__<;;

    ReplyDelete
  2. i swear by the concealer pencil :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I need to check out that Zit Zapper then! I have yet to try out the Aqua Creams, I totally need to the next time I'm in Sephora. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay I just got the Zit Zapper today and excited to try out. Lord knows I need it's help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I have the Shiseido sunblock kept in a box, I have to pick it up and use it!!! thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH DUDE! I'm using Benefit's Boo Boo Zap that cost $20 and the ingredients, packaging and purpose are near IDENTICAL to that Elf Zit Zapper! I'm totally going to Target to see if I can find that (I'm about halfway through my tube of Benefit) next time!! Thanks for sharing!!

    Also, totally have to try the Korres Bitter Almond scent now. I do love the body milks, I have two (fig and jasmine) but your description of the bitter almond is just scrumptious! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing the ELF Zit Zapper... I just got one today at Target... but Haven't try it yet... now I'm excited to try it...

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow the zit zapper works? no way, I'm adding that to my next ELF haul. I love their brushes so much. Bought a backup for my Powder brush because that has reached HG status for me. and 3 bucks, can't beat that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That ZIp zapper sounds fascinating. I would love to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. zit zapper huh? :D sounds awesome, esp for $1!!

    i think i want to pick up a shiseido sunscreen for myself when the sephora FF sale comes around :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I need to get the sunscreen and zip zapper! They sounds really amazing :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've made me want to try the Korres Body Milk! Sounds like it smells amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Me want the cream blush now! But I'm a bit hesitant because I always have a hard time to blend it well on my cheeks =/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I saw a travel size sheseido sunscreen at sephora...that would be perfect for your hawaii trip...those elf stuff works?wow...that would be a great buy...

    ReplyDelete
  15. that korres body milk sounds lovely! I resisted the MUFE Aqua Creams when I was at Sephora over the weekend, but I might buy one when their next F&F sale comes around...my Canmake & NYC cream blushes will get plenty of use until then!

    ReplyDelete
  16. the zit zapper looks so cute! i used to like the shiseido sunscreen but now i kind of think it's a little drying for me. my hands would turn white even after i wash it off. so next summer i need to find something else.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! I never realized how many new products ELF has released! Fantastic!

    http://xmaterialgirlsx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great favorites list!! I'm interested in the ELF zip zapper now. Ah the MUFE Aqua Cream looks so nice and Fuz likes it a lot too. I like the Shiseido sunscreen.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You made me want to try Korres Body products! thanks for your review!

    ReplyDelete
  20. hi! nice blog you got there :)
    I'm a follower now:)!

    Maybe you can check my blog out as well and become a follower?
    Http://tesjoesblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh geez I'm behind in my blog reading. =\ How are you, Lulu? =) I love reading your monthly favorites. That Shiseido sunscreen always gets high marks. I tried it once but found it a bit difficult to remove. Which products do you use for this? My Target stinks. I think I only saw makeup items from ELF. And I am way behind in trying MUFE Aqua Cream. Ay yay yay! I love the natural look of that peach shade.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Haha...you know what? I *do* use a cleansing oil now but I can't recall if I did back then when I was using that sunscreen. My guess is "no". :P Oh yeah, I also do the regular body wash thing with my arms and neck...hee hee. Thanks for answering my q, babe!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow you make all products seem wonderful XD. How can you find so many to be monthly favourites all the time.. and most importantly you actually somehow manage to finish all of them!

    ReplyDelete