Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Review: Ulta Smoothies Body Moisturizer Body Whip Cream

I mentioned this interesting moisturizer in my June Favorites post. Now that I have finished one entire bottle (in Berries n' Cream scent) of it, it is time to talk about my thoughts on them. 


The moisturizer drew my attention in the store mainly because of the packaging, they are stored in a metal pressurized canister just like that of whipped cream that you can buy from grocery stores. Once the moisturizer is pumped out from the upright sprout, it also looks just like a dollop of delicious whipped cream. Since the scent I used was in Berries n' Cream, it smells exactly like strawberry yogurt, talk about yumm-o!!! 






Because of its whipped texture, it also makes it really easy to apply onto the skin, unlike a rich and thick moisturizer formula. So the whipped texture makes it perfect to use for the summer or any hot days. Have you ever had those days where you just don't want to put on moisturizer because it's so hot, and the motion of rubbing moisturizer onto your skin will make you sweat like crazy? Yup...this one requires minimal rubbing, so applying them is very easy. Once spread, it feels like a light lotion. When it is absorbed, it doesn't leave a greasy feeling on the skin either.


These normally retails for $9.99 a bottle. However Ulta has these on buy one get one free or buy two get two free sales all the time, so at $5 a bottle, it is not a bad deal at all. 


A little goes a long way for this moisturizer. I usually use one pump for each legs (more than enough, but I have dry legs so I always use a lot), one pump for the body and back, and one pump for two arms. One bottle lasted me well over a month with daily usage, and occasional pump here and there while playing :p 


However just like those pressurized whipped cream, once you get towards the end of it, you can't pump anything out, but when you shake the bottle, it feels like there is still some products left? That was what happened with my bottle towards the end. And if I turn the bottle upside down so the nozzle faces downward, and then squeeze, drops of the moisturizer would slowly come out, but in much concentrated form and not as whipped -- when it's not whipped, this moisturizer was actually a lot harder to spread and apply. So I am not sure if this is a packaging flaw, or just that when this happens and I can no longer pump anything out, the bottle is done for. But either way, I got a lot of uses out of it already, and I am ready to move onto the next bottle, in Banana Split (yummy!!!), and then Chocolate Mousse :)

20 comments:

  1. Great review hun! it's my summer essential:) thanks for letting me try it<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this sounds great lulu! i wonder if we have something like this here in the philippines :\

    ReplyDelete
  3. its sounds so nice! and it look yummy :P:P

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmm, sounds delicious. i mean, sounds like it smells delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol! this looks sooooo coool and yummy!!!! im going to look at it next time i'm at ulta!! lets pray i dont get curious and want to take a bite ahhahaa thanks for the intro to this, ninja! <333

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks yummy! I want to eat it!!!! :) :) :) The only whipped body moisturizer I've tried is from Korres :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm, I've actually been really curious about these - thanks so much for sharing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look so yummy, esp with those tempting flavors :D. I've never heard of body whip cream before, thanks for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ive always wondered about it getting these! sure my bf would love them as well.thanks for the review

    ReplyDelete
  10. that looks so delish......if only that's real food...hehe...Thanks for the review...I'll definitely check this out if I get to visit ulta....

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG those look totally yummy! They actually look like real whipped cream bottles LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  12. =O~! Looks good! Since it smells so good and it looks like whipped cream, I wouldn't be surprised if someone tried to eat it! XD

    http://xmaterialgirlsx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whoa this is really cool haha :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. haha id prolly eat that off before i put it on my body lol. damn only 5 bucks?! I wish I have ulta near me :((

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh that's so fun! do you like the berries the most? i see you got 2 of them

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great review Lulu, these look really fun and nice. The scents sound delicious! Heading to Ulta today so I hope they're having a sale of these or something LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I always see these at Ulta but never bought any. Now I know they are worth trying out. Thanks for the review. Berries or Bananas? LOL Tough choice!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is awesome. mmm Chocolate Mousse flavor sounds so yummy! Will definitely check these out when I get back

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi, Nice postings! looking forward for same kind of stuffs...I wish to share a few tips to cure eczema naturally

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my gosh. That looks so awesome and fun to use!!! Really does look like whipped cream!!
    Man, why can't Canada have cool things like that haha. I bet I could trick my bf if I had that haha!

    ReplyDelete