Monday, August 23, 2010

Rock and Republic Haul [1]

By now, I have finally received all my Rock and Republic products that I ordered online. I have made a total of 3 different hauls to obtain my current Rock and Republic collection. The first one through Hautelook, the second through Rock and Republic's own website, and the third haul from Beauty Story. I got all my items on sale for 50% off. Normally, a blush retails for $40, pressed powder $44, lip gloss $26, tinted primer $46 and tinted illuminizer also $46. Due to the amount of pictures that I want to show you from each package, I will divide this post into a series of 3. I will also talk briefly about each website, their shipping, customer service and my experience with shopping at each one of them.

I first heard about Rock and Republic cosmetics line because of their gigantic, beautifully packaged blushes. Many beauty blogger babes have raved about the great pigmentations these blushes offer. When on sale at $20 each, it makes them a great deal because each blush contains 0.32 oz of products, twice the amount of that in NARS blushes. I also heard that HauteLook had a couple Rock and Republic sales during spring, unfortunately both times I had missed out on the sale due to various reasons. So when HauteLook had another Rock and Republic sale in June, I was determined to grab a few blushes.

Once you order from HauteLook, it takes about a week for them to work on getting your order information to the product's company, get your products and then pack to be shipped to you. So while your order might not reach you right away, once they email you a shipping confirmation, you'd know that your package is only a few days away to your doorstep. They package their product with plenty of tissue paper to avoid damages during shipping. Their cardboard shipping box is somewhat on the flimsy side and did get bent during shipping, but luckily the contents were all safe and sound. Shipping was around $6 if I remember correctly, but this will also depends on how heavy your package is and how much you order. If you haven't signed up with HauteLook yet, here is my personal referral link.





Since this was my first Rock and Republic haul, I did some careful studies of swatches available online, and told myself to choose wisely. I figured if I have two pretty good colors, I will be satisfied. But little did I know, once I received the blushes in the mail, I was hooked!

- Call Me, which many compared to NARS Orgasm -- a peachy pink shade with fine sparkles.

- Foreplay,  a matte peachy shade that I love (I like peachy shades more than pink shades when it comes to my blushes, and matte more than shimmery ones).

15 comments:

  1. Yay! You got them in!! Now you must store them, lol.

    And the size loks HUGE!!

    http://xmaterialgirlsx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, everyone has R&R cosmetics, except for me! I need to pick these up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg I love R&R packaging, it's so substantial looking! Foreplay sounds gorgeous, I bet they'll look great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's really a good deal to get them all half the price. Lovely blushes :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah! everyone has R&R waaah! are they really THAT good? im so tempted! the 50% OFF marketing strategy is working wonders! HAHAHA! >:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. its been around for awhile but im trying to use all makeup i have 1st but its like i cant even finish any of them!:P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh your so lucky! =) I wish I had gotten some, they looks so pretty!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks cool xxxxxx

    www.haideeandco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. yay!!for r&r blushes...I just received my beauty story haul too...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! I'm the opposite when it comes to blush. I like 'em shimmery and pink...hehe. ;) Looking forward to your other posts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ninjaaaa!!!! so sessshiiii! i want call me and foreplay now! lol this is a really sick addiction! thank god to the sturdy packaging outside! flimsy boxes are :( hooooray!! can't wait to hear ur customer service experiences from the other sites!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You got them on discount even on the R&R site?? That will be pretty awesome!^0^

    ReplyDelete
  13. YAYYY! you got some R&R!! i'm so happy for you :D i felt bad when i couldn't find any at NR for you! D:

    ReplyDelete
  14. hehe, we both finally gave in to the R&R addiction :) I just got Foreplay and I like using it for work - the matte peachy shade is great for the office :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great first R&R haul!! I can't wait 'til I finally get my Foreplay hehehe. Can't wait to see what else you've gotten! :D

    ReplyDelete