Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Rock and Republic Haul [3]

Today's Rock and Republic goodies come from BeautyStory.com. If you don't have an account with them yet, please send me an email so I can refer you and you can help me out :)

Like HauteLook, it also took BeautyStory more than a week to gather up my products and send me that email that I was ever to anticipating about the shipment of my package. But it was totally worth the wait :) They also had a great customer service that responded to my inquiries right away. I actually made two different orders with them, and they were nice enough to combine the two shipments in one. Shipping is at a flat rate of $6.5 I believe.

My package arrived safe and sound in a neatly packaged cardboard box. They used enough tissue box to stuff the whole box so the contents won't move around inside. Each product was individually wrapped with a layer of bubble wrap, then tissue paper.

So onto the hauls...more blushes! Yes, I guess you could say that I am officially addicted to Rock and Republic blushes hehehe :)



Tease is a pretty matte cool pink shade that looks good enough for everyday wear.

Bedroom is also a matte shade, it's a darker mauvy pink.

Kinky is a matte, bright bright pink shade. Definitely another one that needs a light hand application.

I also decided to get the pressed powder in Suede to try out. This is the shade that is I guess a shade lighter than Satin. So I figured it would be a good one to use for the winter months when my skin is less tanned from the sun.


When compared to Satin side by side:


I also got a lip gloss to try. The shade I chose is called Muse (Aside: I also have a Paul and Joe lipstick in the same name, but much darker in color). It doesn't have any shimmers and is a gorgeous creamy peachy shade. Can't wait to try it out!

21 comments:

  1. ahhhhhhhhhh so jealous!!!! i have been lemming these! hard to find now, been looking for Call Me. Your collection is drool worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have so much R&R blushes now! Swatches please~ :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I got more...bedroom & muse looks really nice to have...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've been seeing this brand everywhere and the packaging is just beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. woohoooo! you'll never need another blush in your LIFE hahaha these last foreverrr.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is wrong with me?? lol I can't look away from Muse even though the last thing I need is another lip product. Love all the blushes you picked, especially Kinky. I bet that will look so pretty applied with a light hand.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH your so lucky!! I would love to try tease or bedroom, I was also eyeing call me around the time of the hautelook sale but never got anything in the end *regret much?* =P The packaging looks so pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woah!!!! Nice haul! LOL! I bet you're in absolute blush heaven right now teeheehee.& omg, Muse looks sooooo pretty! I was thinking about that one but I got Drama Queen instead. Can't wait to go get my R&R goodies!! (I had them shipped to my aunt b/c I wasn't going to have a real address hehe.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like that test tube looking packaging on the lippie...hehe. :) What a lovely R&R blush collection you have, Lulu! I like the color (and name) of Kinky.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh wow sweet haul. everything looks so amazing. wish i listened to you and grabbed some stuff. haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice! I love Bedroom and the lipgloss! The cap is so pretty!

    http://xmaterialgirlsx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. bedroom looks like another pretty shade :) I have yet to swatch/wear Tease, haha

    ReplyDelete
  13. i loveeeeeeeeeeeee this!!! best R&R blushers haul, babe! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh Kinky looks so cool - I would've bought it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yep, yep =) Really? It's not common there? Luck you....hehe. Happy Sunday, lover!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi,

    Was the pressed powder in suede a better match for you, or satin? I only use the mac concealer in NC30, so I have no idea what will be a better match for me.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi there Anonymous,
    I have no idea how to contact you so I hope you refer back to this post and read my reply!
    Satin was definitely a better match for me, also because even though it is the winter now but I am still so tanned from my honeymoon to hawaii in October hahaha, and Satin looks fine on me right now. I haven't had a chance to try suede yet. I think Satin would be a good match for you. Also the powder is sheer too, hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for responding Lulu! I ended up ordering Satin, and the blushes in seduce, immoral and tease.

    Rock and Republic had a 50% off sale, shipping was only 0.99 cents and you get $25 just for signing up! I'm not sure if they still have the deal but I just ordered last Saturday.
    And i love your blog! very informative.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi dear :) Yayy great haul! I hope you liked everything you got :) ahh thanks for letting me know about the sale, that's SUCH a great deal, considering I ordered these blushes all at $20+ a piece. aww thanks for your compliment, that means a lot to me! <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lulu I LOVE your blog!! I am also looking to get a pressed powder next time I see them on hautelook, and I am just wondering what you would compare Suede to in terms of MAC foundation shade. I am NC20 and I think Satin would be too dark on me.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Rini! Thanks :) That means so much to me!

    I hope you grab a pressed powder, have you tried their blush before? It's wonderful!

    Hmm I am about a MAC NC 25 - 30 depending on the time of the year. So I agree, I think Satin would be a little too dark for you, suede is a shade lighter (and not as much yellow), or you might want to go even a shade lighter. Let me know if you found your perfect match, good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete