Sunday, August 22, 2010

Weekend: New MBD Scent, Tsubaki and LUSH Times

Gosh this has been such a lazy weekend for me. I blame it on the heat, yes Bay Area was finally getting its share of warmer temperatures, but I shouldn't complain at all because I know how much hotter it is for a lot of other places around the world!


I went to my local grocery, and guess what I saw? My Beauty Diary masks in its new scent Southern France Apricot. Just the name itself sounds yummy enough already. I first spotted this mask on Sasa.com, but it's always been out of stock :( So glad I found these in the store. I tried one today, you can really smell the apricot scent while it's on your face. My face looked ever so glowy and felt smooth afterwards. I really like the new mask sheet too. On the outer packaging it stated that they now have a newly improved clothes that makes it stick to face better, and it is true. The new clothes is thinner and more transparent than the older versions of MBD masks, it reminds me of the texture of FaceQ masks.

I also picked up a jar of the Shiseido Tsubaki Damage Care Hair Mask to try. A few blogger babes have recommended this to me before. With only a month away till my wedding, it's time that I do some major last minute improvement on my hair -- I dream of shinier and smoother hair!



Last but not least, I stopped by LUSH store and guess what I found? The Summer edition of LUSH Times newsletter. If you flip to page 9, you will see that LUSH has featured me for choosing their products as my wedding favors :) Many of you asked me what my idea of wedding favor was...


Tada! Wedding favors and centerpiece in one -- so these flower shaped bath bomb bouquets will serve both as table decorations, and be available as wedding favors for guests to take home afterwards. Also, the tag on the flower stem contains flower seeds, so guests can go home and plant the flowers in their garden, and for years to come they will remember our wedding when they see the flowers! hahaha cheesy right? Also, these bath bombs are perfect because our wedding colors are blue and yellow!

21 comments:

  1. The LUSH flower shaped bath bomb is such a pretty idea! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new apricot masks sound really great! I wish I could get it here...
    Congrats again! Your wedding favor idea is really great, and I love the little crown the you're wearing :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my i love lush too! what a great wedding favor idea lulu!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's such a cute idea how they're flowers! I agree with Dina, I love the crown.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thats a very good idea lulu! im sure your guests will love it, esp. the women! haha :P

    good luck on the tsubaki! im sure it will work its wonders on you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to try MBD but it's impossible to get here! >.<

    The lush products are such a cute idea!! I had heard of it before but never knew anyone who did it, I think it's very unique and that's what you want at a wedding! I love the flower ideas =) You'll be able to visit your friends' and families' houses and when you see the flowers you'll always be reminded of your special day =) Super cute idea, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahh i love the idea of giving flower seeds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yayy lulu congrats on being featured in their newsletter!! and dudee I love your wedding favors, they are so bright and cheery. I've heard a lot of good things about My Beauty Diary eye masks, haven't tried them yet though

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds so yummy! I wish MBD masks can be that easily found in stores in Toronto =(

    And OMG! You're getting married? =O Am I invited? ;) LOL But congratz!!

    And those are lovely wedding favours! I predict a perfect wedding with happy guests going home for a yummy bath =)

    http://xmaterialgirlsx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your big day is coming soon! I'm so excited for you! :D The gifts are so very cute! They will remember your wedding for sure! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. this past saturday was way too hot for me. and the blue and yellow bath bombs seem like perfect wedding favors

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like the new MBD masks sheets also, they really adhere to your skin and makes me feel that the masks are more effective, haha^0^

    ReplyDelete
  13. It was you??? Wow! I love the new edition of Lush times. I'm so excited for you and the gifts are super awesome/original!!

    Steph
    http://reverie.tyl.cc/

    ReplyDelete
  14. The new MBD masks sound soooo nice! I have to go hunt for them too hehehe. & omg Lulu you are too cute and I loooooove the wedding favors you picked out! How adorable and fun! :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh Lulu, you are so cute with your LUSH arrangements! :) Congrats on being in the newsletter! I like the smell of that apricot mask too. Have you tried the Bird's Nest one?

    ReplyDelete
  16. LUSH galore!!!! i loveeeeeee it!!! your weddding will be sooo amazing because you are amazing! and finally a BEAUTIFUL picture of my lovely ninja! <3333

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh my gosh!! i absolutely LOVE your wedding favors!! what a cute idea, i loveee that you put flower seeds in the stems :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. i definitely want to look for those apricot masks the next time i need to restock sheet masks :)

    what cute wedding favors! including the flower seeds is really sweet too :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. you're guests would definitely love your wedding favors..and the seeds are such a nice idea ...is that picture also featured on lush times??....

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh wow, that new MBDM mask looks so interesting. And I'm glad to hear that they improved on their masks too yay!
    That Tsubaki mask is something I've been dying to try for some time now! Do update us on it is!
    Very creative on the favors and centerpiece in one, money saver!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my gosh those wedding favors are like the BEST I've ever seen! :D What a great idea!!!
    & that is pretty gosh darn cool that you ended up in the Lush Times! ^_^

    ReplyDelete