Thursday, September 2, 2010

Finished Products in August

✔MAC Shimmer/Natural Mineralize Skinfinish -- Yay I am super excited to hit complete pan on this powder. It has lasted me well over a year to finish up. When the pan was full, I used to swirl the two colors together as a setting powder. Then for a while I used the shimmer shade only as a highlight. The shimmer used up a lot quicker than the matte side because it is chunkier and glittery. I really liked using MAC Mineralize Skinfinish, and May already helped me to purchase a backup :)

✔Stila Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 -- Yay another makeup item. I think every makeup item finished deserves special recognition, because it is so much harder for me to finish makeup compared to skincare items. While I do a good job sticking to one skincare product (in each category) until I finish the entire bottle, I am not so faithful to one single makeup item usually. I tend to switch around a lot often so I can use different products, but this also makes it harder to hit pan on many things.

I have also used this tube of Stila tinted moisturizer for well over a year. I use it on days when I want a no makeup look, but still want my complexion to be even toned and my skin to stay hydrated. It doesn't really do a good job helping my oily T-zone stay at bay but that's what a good layer of setting powder is for afterward.

✔Up & Up Eye Makeup Remover -- This is the Target version of eye makeup remover that is comparable to my favorite Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover. This does the job equally well, and is slightly cheaper than the Neutrogena one. I always use a seperate eye makeup remover on days when I wear eye makeup, especially waterproof mascara. This one takes off everything on my eyes to the last trace without irritation. I also like to use it to remove lipstick sometimes.

✔ELF Studio Makeup Remover Cleansing Clothes --This is my first time trying ELF cleansing clothes. I decided to pick it up because it has been raved by a lot of blogger girls. For such an inexpensive ($3) product, it works so well. The clothes material is very soft yet durable, and has a bigger size than my usual Ponds ones. Each pack comes with 20 sheets and is so travel friendly. The plastic snap lids is also a lot better than the usual sticker over the opening, which might not seal well all the time and will make the remaining clothes dry up quicker. I will keep purchasing this product, and plan on stocking up during ELF's very frequent 50% off sale :)

✔TheFaceShop Fragrant Nail Enamel Remover -- Pink -- My favorite nail polish remover. Come in a handy small bottle with a child proof lid. The opening hole is just big enough to soak the cotton pad well, but will not spill out too much if accidentally tipped over. The pink version is my favorite because it has a very fragrant strawberry smell that even lingers on my nails after the polish is removed, much more pleasant to use than the regular acetone based removers with a strong alcohol smell.

✔SkinMD Natural Face, Hand & Body Shielding Lotion -- I love this lotion that Audrey sent me. It doesn't irritate even the most sensitive skin, and is so nice to apply because it doesn't have that greasy feel. Yet it keeps my skin stay moisturized and is a must for helping me to soothe my eczema prone skin.

✔TheFaceShop Post-Acne Nighttime Spot Eraser -- I apply this product every night all over areas that have dark spots due to acne scars. Then follow with the rest of my skincare. It has a nice light floral scent, and absorbs fast into the skin. It hasn't caused any adverse conditions to my skin and never broke me out, and I do feel like it helps to accelerate the healing of my skin. So I will keep using this product as both a preventive measure and an aid to help my skin.

✔Equate Medicated Apricot Scrub --This is the Walmart store brand, but the product is comparable to the St. Ives Apricot Scrub, which has been my favorite facial scrub to use since high school days and has been a staple in my shower for many years. But I think this will be my last tube for a while, because I no longer like how harsh the scrub is when rubbed on my skin. I will replace this with a much gentle exfoliant such as the St. Ives Naturally Clear Green Tea Scrub, or the Amore Pacific Treatment Eyzme Peel.

✔Clinique Clarifying Lotion 3 -- I feel quite accomplished finishing this huge bottle of toner. This pump bottle was from the holidays set, and is a size bigger than what Clinique normally sells. I find the pump much easier to use than having to screw open the cap and pour products out every time. So I plan on keeping the pump bottle and refill it in the future. I have been using the Clinique 3-Step System since last year now, and it's worked out very well for me, so I will definitely keep using it.

✔Garnier Fructis Instant Melting Conditioner -- Sleek & Shine -- A very nice conditioner, and the squeeze tube makes dispensing product a lot easier as well.

✔LUSH Snow Showers Shower Jelly -- This is my first Shower Jelly from LUSH, and I really enjoyed using it because it's so fun to use! In the container the product looks exactly like a cup of jello. When you use it, you have to break off a little piece, and then either crush it in between hands or I like to put it on my shower puff and then lather it up. Snow Showers is a holidays product, and smells like orange. It also claims that you could use this product to wash hair, I tried it a few times but didn't find the result as great as what my LUSH Solid Shampoo can give me. As a body wash, it is very nice, and smells great!

19 comments:

  1. Wow! I cannot believe that you finished the MAC Shimmer/Natural Skinfinish! That's amazing! I have finished my Clinique Liquid Facial Soap Oily Skin Formula about a week ago and purchased another one. I love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Yay for using up all the products!! :) It's much easier to buy new things than it is to use up things that were bought! :p The MAC MSF is really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on using up all of those products, especially the MAC powder!

    I'm not sure I've seen this Equate Medicated Apricot Scrub at my local Wal-Mart... is it new? It's definitely something I would like to try as I really like the one from St. Ives!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's a lot of stuff you finished! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh no! I didn't get snowshowers from a friend who was travelling recently! I really regret it after reading ur review lulu ;(

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow you finished so many products! good for you ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  7. You finished so many things this month! So impressed with the MAC powder; it would take me forever to finish a powder. Keep on truckin', Lulu! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bravo! I know what you mean about not being faithful to just one makeup product. I've got like 5 foundations/tinted moisturizers...hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol @ lisa^^ i am the same with her ^_^ lulu, how do you finish so much stuff? the MAC powder is an achievement in itself! hahaha :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're the queen of finishing products! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm impressed! How do you keep on having these finished products post??

    Are you sure you didn't dump the remaining.......? >.> LOL, I'm just joking!! But wow, congratz on finishing so many!!

    http://xmaterialgirlsx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on hitting pan on your MAC MSF and Stila tinted moisturiser! I'm currently on Project-10-pan (i just have way too much stuff). And I totally agree with you, finisihing makeup items is so exhilirating!

    ReplyDelete
  13. whoaa I am amazed you finished that MAC powder!! hehe I've always been tempted to try LUSH shower jellies, they look so wobbly and fun

    ReplyDelete
  14. lulu!!! you are sooooo good at finishing all your products!! month after month, i need to be more like you! you inspire me!!!!! <3 u!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh yay time to buy more products. oh my i'm still collecting finished products for a post like forever. i'm almost there lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. you are sooo awesome at finishing products! I need to try harder to finish mine too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You've got to be the first person I've seen who's finished an MSF!

    ReplyDelete
  18. nice job using up all those products! lol it took me forever to use up my MSF natural too! I loved the finish, but I honestly think it was part of the reason my skin broke out =T have you tried using the R&R pressed powder? I'm wondering what the coverage is like...

    ReplyDelete